Sun, Aug 4, 3:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 02 6:41 am)

Subject: Constructive Critique.

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Thu, 08 March 2007 at 9:45 PM · edited Sun, 16 June 2024 at 10:10 AM

Constructive Critique.

This will serve as the basic premise for our newest forum feature called "Constructive Critique"

Twice a week an image will be offered in the forum for honest constructive Critique.
This will be done on Monday and Thursday.
The image to be reviewed should be posted in the gallery the day prior to the image being reviewed.
If the image is not posted in time, the next name will have the opportunity to post.

The image for Constructive Critique, will be posted in the gallery.
Comments in the gallery will be disabled.
A "sticky" thread be be started and members of the forum will offer constructive Critique on the image.

There will be a ZERO TOLERANCE POLICY for any "flaming or trolling" posts. Any posts of this nature will be removed .
As a reminder trolling is considered a violation of the Renderosity Terms of Service Agreement.
 We all agreed to live by these rules when we joined this site. This exercise is no different.
I expect everyone to behave a ladies and gentleman.

Any member who wishes to submit an image for Constructive Critique should contact pushinfaders via Renderosity site mail.
I will be taking around FIVE names at a time. As this moves forward, I will post a notice for more names.

Anyone may offer a constructive Critique in the thread for each image.
Please, do not post things like..

HUGS..Fantastic Work...OHHHH....

Be specific about the image..Stay on the topic.  be honest...but not mean..

When submitting an image, please understand, this is to help all of us improve our work.
If you think you may have your feelings hurt. please don't submit an image.

One of the staff member will create the thread for the Constructive Critique.Please do not start it your self

let me know if I forgot anything or screwed something up..

www.bclaytonphoto.com

bclaytonphoto on Facebook

Radlafx ( ) posted Fri, 09 March 2007 at 12:09 AM · edited Fri, 09 March 2007 at 8:06 AM

Question the question. Answer the question. Question the answer...

I wish I knew what I was gonna say :oP

Dianthus ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 6:43 PM

Okay for us dumb ones what do you mean by trolling and flaming? I honestly dont know. Maybe its the blonde streaks?
Chris

Radlafx ( ) posted Wed, 14 March 2007 at 7:44 PM

Attached Link: Flaming

> Quote - Okay for us dumb ones what do you mean by trolling and flaming? I honestly dont know. Maybe its the blonde streaks? Chris

You really wanna know? Really, OK, wait right there blond streaks while I look it up in the dictionary. JK :tongue2: Flaming: Computer Slang. an angry, critical, or disparaging electronic message, as an e-mail or newsgroup post. Trolling: In Internet terminology, a troll is a person who enters an established community such as an online discussion forum and intentionally tries to cause disruption, often in the form of posting messages that are inflammatory, insulting, incorrect, inaccurate, absurd, or off-topic, with the intent of provoking a reaction from others. See Wikipedia for more info. wiki troll

Question the question. Answer the question. Question the answer...

I wish I knew what I was gonna say :oP

Nameless_Wildness ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 4:44 AM

Bruce...be much EASIER if the image posted was in the same critique thread as opposed to the gallery view!

TwoPynts ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 7:42 AM

Yes, I've noticed that. My suggestion is keep the BIG, editble version in the gallery and a smaller, referrence image in the Thread.

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

Dianthus ( ) posted Thu, 15 March 2007 at 3:49 PM

Thanks guys and specially Radlafx. Amazing that someone what troll. The person must be hard up for something to amuse them.
Anyway thankyou
Chris

DJB ( ) posted Thu, 22 March 2007 at 1:09 AM

This will probably be a popular feature and last  a long time, so my suggestion is to have the rules and underlying notes translated to a couple of our most common foreign languages as well.
(not babelfish or IMtranslator)

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

TwoPynts ( ) posted Thu, 22 March 2007 at 9:04 AM

Not a bad idea...

girsempa ( ) posted Thu, 22 March 2007 at 5:00 PM

Does anyone know the Daily Critique on the RadiantVista website..? Always very interesting to hear what Craig Tanner has to say on submitted images... Highly recommended..! Interesting other features on this site too... http://www.radiantvista.com/dailyCritique/

We do not see things as they are. ǝɹɐ ǝʍ sɐ sƃuıɥʇ ǝǝs ǝʍ

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 23 March 2007 at 7:21 AM

Never taken a look there Geert, thanks for the link! ~Kort

TwoPynts ( ) posted Thu, 12 April 2007 at 2:14 PM

Attached Link: The Art of Critique - The Critique of Art [Part II - Receiving Critique]

Not all of it applies to Photography, but still worth reading.

inshaala ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2007 at 8:47 AM

dead? dying? :(

Maybe a weekly thread if there isnt much demand?

"In every colour, there's the light.
In every stone sleeps a crystal.
Remember the Shaman, when he used to say:
Man is the dream of the Dolphin"

Rich Meadows Photography

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2007 at 9:29 AM

We've been tossing that very idea around, thanks Rich.

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2007 at 9:57 AM

I think we will be moving to a weekly format..It should start back up next week..

www.bclaytonphoto.com

PeeWee05 ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2007 at 5:11 AM

I think it's also very hard to give CC on photos because we often need to be in the scene that the photographer was, the traffic, ppl, emotions, atmosphere, space available and such (not forgetting light available).

So we tend to comment on what should be done but that's not always possible, so should we just not take the shot then?

Just my thoughts :D

Rights Come With Responsibilities VAMP'hotography Website VAMP'hotography Blog

TwoPynts ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2007 at 10:05 AM

That is why it is helpful to know as much about the shooting conditions as possible. One does not have to be there to see areas that could be improved in an image. Wether it was possible or not at the time, that is another issue. ;']

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Thu, 17 May 2007 at 10:03 AM

We need members who want to keeep this going..I'm not going to chase people down for this..

www.bclaytonphoto.com

TwoPynts ( ) posted Thu, 17 May 2007 at 10:12 AM

I agree, the members have to want this or why should be bother? If anyone has suggestions about this or any other feature they might like to see in the forum, please let the staff know.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.