Sun, Sep 22, 11:35 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / DAZ|Studio

Welcome to the DAZ|Studio Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Guardian_Angel_671, Daddyo3d

DAZ|Studio F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 4:53 pm)

Subject: Help in DAZ with V3's Face

rinzei ( ) posted Sat, 24 March 2007 at 2:58 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 11:29 PM

I've been using DAZ|Studio for a few months now and this problem has continued to annoy me. When I use the Victoria 3 RR LE model that came with DAZ, the faces that I've downloaded for the V3 model don't really work correctly. At least, I don't think they do since the expressions I get differ a lot from the ones in the thumbnails. Example, a smirk will be exagerated into a broad-faced grin, thinning the lips and making her look more crazy than coy.

But THIS warp is the one that bothers me the most. THE MODEL'S EYES WILL NOT CLOSE. I have quite a few face poses in which V3's eyes should close. (And I know these faces DO close eyes because I have applied them to the Aiko 3 and Hiro 3 models and their eyes did close.) They don't. And she just looks weird for it. I have a screenshot to show it.

As you can see from the thumbnail, I have the "Dreamer" face applied (yes, it is applied), which is almost a pouty-mouthed face with closed-eyes. And as you can also see, the face isn't doing that. At all. None of the above. Okay, her lips are parted slightly. That's about it.

I'm wondering whether this is just an error I can't get over (which would be horrible, since the majority of my downloads are FOR the Victoria 3 model and I just figured out how to apply new skin textures and such), or if I have incorrect settings somewhere in DAZ|Studio.

Help? Please? I would greatly appreciate it.

Incognitas ( ) posted Sat, 24 March 2007 at 3:03 PM

Have you got any head morphs loaded?

rinzei ( ) posted Sat, 24 March 2007 at 3:18 PM

No, just the default head, but none of these came with any head morphs, and this isn't just for this set; none of the sets work properly.

RHaseltine ( ) posted Sat, 24 March 2007 at 3:25 PM

The free V3 RR has very few morphs, and you can't use the Head and Body morphs with it as they are made for the full resolution mesh. If you can't make her blink it sounds as if at some point the full version blink morph was injected, which will have broken the supplied morph (and the same for any other morphs from the full res figure that have been injected). You will probably need to reinstall the figure to undo that.

Incognitas ( ) posted Sat, 24 March 2007 at 3:25 PM

Well it could be that is what is required for them to work...Have you asked at DAZ..either in the forums or directly to tech support about this?

rinzei ( ) posted Sat, 24 March 2007 at 4:03 PM

Ah, no, I didn't check the forums there yet. Should have done that first. Oops. I'll do that now.

...and I just found that I could manually close the eyes in the parameters. Gyah. I'm just a GENIUS. sarcasm

Thank you both for your replies.

muller252 ( ) posted Sun, 25 March 2007 at 6:37 AM

Did you download V3 SAE?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.