Sun, Oct 6, 9:06 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Fractals

Welcome to the Fractals Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Fractals F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 27 11:19 am)

Subject: converting upr back to flame

taurus66 ( ) posted Sat, 24 March 2007 at 4:12 AM · edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 7:25 PM

because of the insufficient rendering funktion in erlier versions of apophysis, i used to render in UF. i was stupid enough to save the files only in UF, so i have now no practical way to edit them in apo again. as i am absolutely clouless about programming, i'd like to know if there is any tool or script, that converts the triangular information of an upr back into a flame-file.
please don't suggest to copy and paste this. after figuring out the unlogic correlation of the values, i've done it and i don't see this slave-work as a practical way.

thanks for your compassion ;-)
taurus

Rykk ( ) posted Sun, 25 March 2007 at 3:05 PM

Hi "T" :-) I think I remember a long time ago taking the parameters/values, weights and variation type for each of the triangles - these can be found by scrolling down in the ucl window in UF - and entering all of them into an open flame in Apophysis 1 and I was able to recreate the flame that had been part of a upr sent to the UF Mailing List.

It was pretty tedious work but it did work out and I was even able to use the same gradient by saving it to my UF gradients folder and then accessing that from Apo. I don't know if this is still possible to do with the newer flames generated by the beta versions of Apo 2.02c (2.05 being a "beta" is therefore just a new version of 2.02c, the last "supported" version) that are still being updated. But it sounds like you are looking for an easy way to do this but I'm almost positive there isn't one.

A thought did occur to me - probably it wouldn't work if the structure of the file is changed by exporting it as a upr - but maybe try to just change the file type suffix of the UF file. Change the ".upr" to ".fla" for very old Apo1 and Apo2 betas or ".flame" if you want to try to open in one of the newer versions. I doubt this will work but ya never know until you try? I think I'll give it a shot, myself - - -

Nope, NoGo - Apo 2.05 doesn't open anything and Apo2.02c displays just some dots for either .flame or .fla and Apo 1 says it isn't a valid parameter set. So.....I reckon a pencil and clipboard may be your best bet? One thing, though - I have multiple flames saved into a single .upr file and took one of my old ones and resaved it as its own .upr and maybe that messed it up? If yours are each saved in separate, discrete .upr files of their own, maybe it might work. Doubtful but...

Rick

taurus66 ( ) posted Wed, 28 March 2007 at 4:26 AM · edited Wed, 28 March 2007 at 4:28 AM

Quote - Hi "T" :-) I think I remember a long time ago taking the parameters/values, weights and variation type for each of the triangles - these can be found by scrolling down in the ucl window in UF - and entering all of them into an open flame in Apophysis 1 and I was able to recreate the flame that had been part of a upr sent to the UF Mailing List.

It was pretty tedious work but it did work out ...

This is nearly exactly what I did (copy and paste the values). It worked in about 10 minutes for a three-transform-flame. But what to do with six eight or more transforms?
even so, thanx for your sympathies, Rick!

For those who care, here is the (unlogic) correlation of triangle-coordinates in UF (205.ucl) and apo 2.05 beta2

Apo     UF

X1       a
X2      -c
Y1      -b
Y2       d
O1      e
O2     -f

the variation data is equal in both programs and the palette can be saved in UF and loaded in apo.

greetz
taurus

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.