Sat, Sep 21, 3:12 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Post ANYTHING!

Zacko ( ) posted Mon, 26 March 2007 at 12:39 PM

Hmmm.....maybe i should get the Vista-upgrade for my lappy after all. The company i work for pays for it so why the heck not.  Thanks Richard. 😄

How come we say 'It's colder than hell outside' when isn't it realistically always colder than hell since hell is supposed to be fire and brimstone?

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Margana ( ) posted Mon, 26 March 2007 at 1:45 PM

Thanks Richard. Maybe I'll get it after all.   :^ )

Marlene <")

Marlene S. Piskin Photography
My Blog

"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog can cure depression. The down side is, the minute you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again." - Jay Leno

mamabobbijo ( ) posted Tue, 27 March 2007 at 12:49 AM

I have no interest one way or the other, but the local best buy offered an hour on a laptop with their system to play with vista to see if I liked it. I didn't take them up on it as I don't intend to buy anything soon. Good luck either way. BJ

short_ribs ( ) posted Tue, 27 March 2007 at 6:50 PM · edited Tue, 27 March 2007 at 6:50 PM

file_373169.jpg

The other day I took this shot of the water tower thingy and just couldn't help but think hey we got something 'Rome like' here in nz.... yeah I know that's stupid but oh well :tt2:

I payed to get myself into an institution :m_tear: Check out my temporary site: APACHA

TwoPynts ( ) posted Wed, 28 March 2007 at 8:30 AM

file_373238.jpg

That DOES have a ROMEish vibe Kai, pretty cool. I love water towers. I want to do a series one day...still collecting towers. :) @Richard. Man, you make me want to switch over to Windows -- NOT! :)

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

TwoPynts ( ) posted Wed, 28 March 2007 at 8:31 AM

file_373239.jpg

another

TwoPynts ( ) posted Wed, 28 March 2007 at 8:31 AM

file_373240.jpg

and to round out the trio...

Margana ( ) posted Wed, 28 March 2007 at 4:40 PM · edited Wed, 28 March 2007 at 4:45 PM

These are great, Kortalouche. I think that's a wonderful idea for a series!

PS I love the new avatar...  :^ D

Marlene <")

My Blog

"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog can cure depression. The down side is, the minute you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again." - Jay Leno

TwoPynts ( ) posted Wed, 28 March 2007 at 4:44 PM

Thanks. Now if I could just let the family allow me to pull over every time I see a neat one... ;'P

Dianthus ( ) posted Wed, 28 March 2007 at 6:36 PM

My family wont pull over anymore when i want to take a photo:( But hey they dont have choice when me driving.hehe
Pints or pynts?  I know of a photographer that does lighthouses, another does signs so why not Kort do water towers?
Chris

mamabobbijo ( ) posted Thu, 29 March 2007 at 9:09 AM

There's a book of the artwork of the Burma Shave signs as Americana. Why not a journey through the water towers of America I think some of them are fascinating. Kai, it is a bit of Rome, they engineered the design. BJ

TwoPynts ( ) posted Thu, 29 March 2007 at 10:13 AM

file_373335.jpg

Yes, why not? Those are my thoughts too. I have shot some...but not enough to really do a good series yet. I will keep adding to the collection, thanks for the encouragement. I need to decide how best to present them too...in a standardized format or each from its own unique pov... ~Kort

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 11:31 AM

Thought for the day: "For disappearing acts, it's hard to beat what happens to the eight hours supposedly left after eight of sleep and eight of work." -Doug Larson, Olympic Gold Medalist (1902-1981)

mamabobbijo ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 12:02 PM

The atrwork on each as well as the different shapes and sizes tells a lot about the area around them, we used to drive cross country each year as children. They were often the landmarks we'd look for after the threat of , " if you ask are we there yet one more time..." became very real sounding. Each year there were more or different ones. The last few trips many seemed faded and sad, and there didn't seem to be as many.

Zacko ( ) posted Mon, 02 April 2007 at 12:48 PM

file_373683.jpg

It´s about time we breathe some life into this thread again wouldn´t you all agree? 😉

Yesterday i went to photograph some figureskaters practising for this exhibition-thingie of theirs, and i might as well post a few here. I´m suppose to make them a poster as well for that event....sigh. That will be the death of me i´m sure. :sad:

How come we say 'It's colder than hell outside' when isn't it realistically always colder than hell since hell is supposed to be fire and brimstone?

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Zacko ( ) posted Mon, 02 April 2007 at 12:49 PM

file_373684.jpg

One more.....

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Zacko ( ) posted Mon, 02 April 2007 at 12:50 PM

file_373685.jpg

And last one....

Andreas

Mystic Pic

mamabobbijo ( ) posted Mon, 02 April 2007 at 1:12 PM

The one you caught of the mermaid with her reflection is my favorite, though they are all good. Hey Kort isn't there one near the Atlantic city Boardwalk that's shaped like an elephant? ( water tower not figure skater) Or maybe the elephant is a restuarant and the diving horses are on the tower. Gotta sleep not done with the overnights yet. BJ

Margana ( ) posted Mon, 02 April 2007 at 1:43 PM

LOL at BJ ...

These are excellent, Andreas. Love their costumes. I'd love to see your poster when it's finished.  :^ )

Marlene <")

My Blog

Zacko ( ) posted Mon, 02 April 2007 at 1:49 PM

Thank you both. 😄 I´d love to see that poster myself....´cause that would mean it will actually be finished, lol. Right now it doesn´t look too good. :sad:

Andreas

Mystic Pic

inshaala ( ) posted Mon, 02 April 2007 at 2:05 PM

file_373688.jpg

lol - get cracking on that then andreas :tt2: Nice shots btw - i take it you cloned out the background on those or was this actually studio setup?

Here is a re-work of a shot i posted in my gallery over the weekend. I've entered it into competition in which you have to take a pic "Contre-jour" which translates to "against the day" if my french is still up to par. Basically take a picture where the main light source is pointed at the camera.

"In every colour, there's the light.
In every stone sleeps a crystal.
Remember the Shaman, when he used to say:
Man is the dream of the Dolphin"

Rich Meadows Photography

Zacko ( ) posted Mon, 02 April 2007 at 2:08 PM

No cloning Rich. I actually rolled out my 10 meter long backdrop and taped it up against the board.:blink: Then some touch-ups getting rid of shadows and stuff. Nice moody image by the way. I like the low POV. Good luck with the competition. 😄

Andreas

Mystic Pic

inshaala ( ) posted Mon, 02 April 2007 at 2:22 PM

now there is dedication for you...good job! And thanks - the voting starts tomorrow.

On the subject of competition did anyone enter the National History Museum's Shell Wildlife Photographer of the Year competition? i entered my shot of the guys hand holding a chip for a sea gull into the "One Earth Award"... it was £20 entry, but i thought it might do fairly well, so was worth a try...

Rich Meadows Photography

3DGuy ( ) posted Mon, 02 April 2007 at 2:37 PM

Picture taken in Barcelona last week. During a evening bicycle tour.

What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies. - Aristotle
-= Glass Eye Photography =- -= My Rendo Gallery =-

Dianthus ( ) posted Mon, 02 April 2007 at 9:42 PM

Hi Rich yep me entered a few froggie shots. See what happens and good luck to you. I didnt enter that category.
 Love those skating shots Andreas. Amazing clarity and love your idea for background. I am thinking of taking mine to the next wedding i shoot on 14th.
Lovely shot Rich and 3D.
Chris

mamabobbijo ( ) posted Wed, 04 April 2007 at 9:52 AM

Terrific shot of Barcelona! I love the backlighting. Good luck to everyone who entered the contest. Rich post the other one it shows the true light better, IMHO, love the new look in the gallery BTW. Andreas let us know when the poster is done. BJ

inshaala ( ) posted Wed, 04 April 2007 at 10:58 AM

file_373875.jpg

Well good luck with the frog shots Chris, i'm sure they will like them.  This was taken on sunday, isnt great because i was a bit too far away from the dog (this is already a crop).  I'm working up to taking a similar shot of Ollie (my mates dog who has already featured in my gallery) but running towards the camera with ears and water flailing everywhere! 😄

Rich Meadows Photography

Garlor ( ) posted Wed, 04 April 2007 at 4:23 PM

Well thats a co incidence,I took this last week,its cropped from about  a quarter and it was a grab shot so the speed is not quite as fast as I would like if I had planned it.
Cheerio gary

Garlor ( ) posted Wed, 04 April 2007 at 4:27 PM

file_373901.jpg

trying again with the pic of the dog on a beach....

inshaala ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2007 at 2:19 PM

file_374057.jpg

it has always intrigued me how a dog can run so fast!! your photo really shows it with all those foot-splashes behind him!! nice one.

here is a shot i took in edinburgh which may or may not go in my gallery. I took it for a competition entitled "Bicycle" on another site... although i have until tuesday to take another shot if i can find something better to do with the title :)

oh and congrats on being the 1000th poster Gary 😉 i think we well and truly beat the SA thread now Andreas!!

Rich Meadows Photography

mamabobbijo ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2007 at 3:08 PM

Hey Rich,
Great shot of the bike! I'm fascinated by the play of light and shadow, it's like a secret dance that we can watch any where. I think this would make an excellent contest entry, although I'm not sure what the specifications are. Good Luck!
BJ

TomDart ( ) posted Sat, 07 April 2007 at 4:45 PM

file_374117.jpg

Whew...finally got my puter back and a tight place to use it.  The house is full of boxes everywhere..the flooring is done and only the stairs to finish...what a week and a half!  This is my first visit back to 'rosity since the middle of last week and it feels good!

Before the chill hit and temp dropped to freezing, I got two pics to share.  I will put one of these on my gallery tomorrow.

This first is "Leaves, Spring Life".   Folks get the flowers and may miss the simple beauty of new leaves forming on a tree branch.  Here 'tis.

TomDart ( ) posted Sat, 07 April 2007 at 4:47 PM

file_374118.jpg

This one is a tulip.  We have only a few bloom since trees block much sunlight.

TomDart ( ) posted Sat, 07 April 2007 at 4:57 PM

file_374120.jpg

And...oh the pain! My wife took it to my very old worn out favorite chair...it is in the dump today. And the floors are no longer plywood as in the pic.   I loved that ugly old chair..sob.

Firesnuffer ( ) posted Sat, 07 April 2007 at 8:11 PM

Great photos Tom and welcome back!!

Oh, and I guess wives just don't understand about our love for the familiar ol' chairs....it takes sooo long to make a new one "right", LOL!

Manning

TomDart ( ) posted Sat, 07 April 2007 at 8:26 PM

Yes, indeed!  That chair took a good 30 years to break in.  LOL.        Tom

inshaala ( ) posted Sun, 08 April 2007 at 7:57 AM · edited Sun, 08 April 2007 at 7:58 AM

like that first shot tom, very spring-like and a strong compo :)

and is it me or is whoever is in the third pic holding a WWII German hand grenade?!   =S

Rich Meadows Photography

mamabobbijo ( ) posted Sun, 08 April 2007 at 1:47 PM

Great shot of the leaves! Mullaney and I check faithfully every morning to see if the "bubs" have opened yet. She is fascinated by leaves. Happy Easter to all! BJ

TomDart ( ) posted Sun, 08 April 2007 at 3:07 PM

Rich, a wood carvers mallet in a determined ladies hand has about the same effect at the grenade..just a bit slower to destruction.  : )

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2007 at 2:11 PM

file_374633.jpg

LOL @ Tom, yes, woman are like hand grenades, they just take longer to explode (if one is lucky). Thank you all for making this little thread of mine "king of the hill" post wise. Mine will be the 1011th, I'm quite please, heheeh. Oh, and here is another water tower.

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2007 at 2:18 PM

file_374634.jpg

Here's another slightly older one, in need of repair.

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2007 at 2:20 PM

file_374635.jpg

One more from me...one of the things IR can show more clearly than visible light -- veins beneath the skin. This one is for Joe and his "dark" images. ;'P

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2007 at 2:27 PM

@ BJ -- I think the elephant is a pub/restarant...not sure about the horse. ;'] "Hey Kort isn't there one near the Atlantic city Boardwalk that's shaped like an elephant? ( water tower not figure skater) Or maybe the elephant is a restuarant and the diving horses are on the tower"

mamabobbijo ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2007 at 2:27 PM

Hey Kort,
I love the ancient tower. That shot of the lady in IR is a bit creepy though.
BJ

mamabobbijo ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2007 at 2:33 PM

I think there was a picture on the water tower of the "Famous Diving Horses" of Atlantic City, I haven't been since I was a kid though. BJ

mrmadmikie ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2007 at 3:50 PM

file_374652.jpg

Hey Kort, I was hoping you would post some more water tower pics, here one of mine.  Doesn't hold much water though.

Mike

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2007 at 4:27 PM

Heheh, but at least it is from Florida! :)

mamabobbijo ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2007 at 4:38 PM

I LOVE IT!

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2007 at 4:47 PM

Attached Link: Very Funny Ads

Enjoy. :)

TomDart ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2007 at 7:32 PM

file_374661.jpg

That splash watertower is neat!  So, here is an old unused corn tower...a silo. All that came out of this one was pigeons.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.