Sun, Oct 6, 6:22 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Can any Vicky be more beautiful tham this?

Channing ( ) posted Wed, 28 March 2007 at 7:27 PM

Francemi, those extra zones aren't listed in the Daz Studio surfaces tab ... just the new material zones that David created. I don't know if that information helps, but there it is. Also, I wondered David if you are planning on adding an eyebrow zone and/or pubic hair zone? I've tried some texture maps and was startled when Posette had no eyebrows! She looked extremely startled to say the least. :) I am working on a render right now ... hopefully to post later tonight.

Francemi ( ) posted Wed, 28 March 2007 at 7:38 PM

Well it doesn't help but I would like to know how to get rid of these extra material zones in Poser 6. I checked the object in UV Mapper and UV Viewer and they are not there either.

Does someone know how to get rid of them in Poser?

Thanks!

and Channing, I hadn't noticed the missing eyebrows material but as you can see on my render, she has brows. The brows must be with the lashes material zone.

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

BillyGoat ( ) posted Wed, 28 March 2007 at 7:41 PM

So are 'we'  there yet?

Is she the regulation Posy? All the old content will work...   morphs and such...

This is a great challenge!

Channing ( ) posted Wed, 28 March 2007 at 7:49 PM

Hmmm, Francemi, I turned off the lashes and this texture's eyebrow maps remained. Not really a big deal, but more of a question. It's incredible what David's done so far. She really looks great with these maps. :)

Channing ( ) posted Wed, 28 March 2007 at 11:04 PM · edited Wed, 28 March 2007 at 11:06 PM

file_373308.jpg

Well, after bad weather and power outages, and lost files, I finally came up with something I liked. She is really very pretty. I am hoping that the new version of Daz Studio that is supposed to come out "soon" will have polygon smoothing, because there is still some jagginess to her that I don't care for. However, she is very light on my system and renders very quickly, and she would be great for portraiture at medium distances, I think. Thanks again, David, she is a lot of fun.

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 28 March 2007 at 11:53 PM

clearly wolf has a good point, but it can't hurt to acknowledge hoad's efforts in regard to the posette figure, which was the basis for improvements in the geometry of succeeding generations of female poser models. for example, we still haven't seen what anton intends, and v4 is quite a bit better than the 3 previous models IMVHO.

dphoadley ( ) posted Thu, 29 March 2007 at 12:41 AM

file_373312.jpg

PosetteV3default now has Brezhnev Eyebrows, just like V3.  These though are a smart prop, saved in the Cr2, rather than an alteration of the head mesh.  I took Aprish's P4v2 eyebrows, exported them as a wavefront object.  This I took into UV Mapper, and remapped to V3's eyebrow Transparency standard, and saved. Back in Poser, I imported the saved obj, and then saved it asa prop.  Then Iloaded PosetteV3default into the pose scene and added my new eyebrow prop, and parented to head.  Then I resaved the Cr2.  If any would like me to send them this remapped Posette Eyebrow, then email me.  On the other hand, it is now part of the default PosetteV3, and will be in the final release Cr2. DPH

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

drifterlee ( ) posted Thu, 29 March 2007 at 1:55 AM

Is he completely mapped now, Dave??????? If so, can you send me the latest???

dphoadley ( ) posted Thu, 29 March 2007 at 2:31 AM

Still the bloody feet to do, and THEY are prooving to be very HAIRY, and I don't mean Potter. ;=)
See my latest posting on the issue in my thread in the UV Mapper forum.

vilian ( ) posted Thu, 29 March 2007 at 5:00 AM

France - this additional material zones appear in Poser after you apply MAT pose which applies texture to some materials the figure you use doesn't have. For example, applying Aiko's skin MAT pose to V3 creates three dummy materials - SkinKnee, SkinThigh, SkinShin (V3 has one zone - SkinLeg - instead). Using V3 eye MATs on Furrette also creates a lot of dummy useless materials, because her eye material zones are named differently than V3's. Those are just listed in Materials dialog/Material Room and don't do anything to you. It's a kind of bug I think, I've encountered it P4/PP and P5, and it apparently appears also in newer Poser versions. That's why after using V3 MAT on PosetteV3 you have extra materials like PubicHair - PosetteV3 doesn't have such material zone, but it is in .pz2, so Poser adds it to the list - even though it's just useless phantom thing.

Outdated gallery over at DeviantArt

Fics at FanFiction.net and Archive of Our Own (AO3)

Coleman ( ) posted Thu, 29 March 2007 at 6:12 AM

Great work, David!

wolf359 ( ) posted Thu, 29 March 2007 at 7:46 AM

BTW im not a V3 Loyalists I hate the Mill-3 figure due t0 the ponderous
INJ/REM/CHAN VIS DELTA nonsense
I use mostly M2/V2

In all seriousness the thread title seemed to invite opinions about weather any DAZ
polygonal computer dataset (I Vicky  1-2-3 or 4) can ever  appear to be as "pretty"
 as the Older Zygote polygonal computer dataset ( "possette")

the answers will naturally be highly subjective.
no one is denying the technical achievement of the texture remapping.

but I notice all the renders seem to be in poser.
for those of  us who render in other programs like Cinema4d and vue
the low res nature of the older figure becomes more apparent

but carry on with whatever gives you pleasure
and grown men should not  get all defensive if everyone doe not share their "love " for any particular polygonal computer data set..

cute names not withstanding 

My website

YouTube Channel

Charles_V ( ) posted Thu, 29 March 2007 at 8:50 AM

Wolf,

What do you expect the renders to be in?  Given that this is the Poser forum, and that the figure in question is a legacy Poser figure, and most of the users work in Poser. 

I think the goal is to optimize this particular figure for the current versions of.... Poser.  

If David was posting this in the C4D or Vue forums, then of course there'd be an issue of its low res.  But this is neither here nor there : )  

And I'm not a P4 fan myself to be honest, I came in with P6 : ) 

Tiari ( ) posted Thu, 29 March 2007 at 11:08 AM

I can't wait to get my hand on her completely remapped version so I can start working with her.  I have always loved posette, mostly because of her uniqueness and ease of working with her.

Whenever its ready my friend, I"m raring to go!  And more than just a headshot too!!

wolf359 ( ) posted Thu, 29 March 2007 at 11:42 AM

Quote - Wolf,

What do you expect the renders to be in?  Given that this is the Poser forum, and that the figure in question is a legacy Poser figure, and most of the users work in Poser. 

I think the goal is to optimize this particular figure for the current versions of.... Poser.  

If David was posting this in the C4D or Vue forums, then of course there'd be an issue of its low res.  But this is neither here nor there : )  

And I'm not a P4 fan myself to be honest, I came in with P6 : ) 

Been a user since poser2( Yikes!!)
using poser6 now for pre-vis/set up
to each their own

carry on

My website

YouTube Channel

Charles_V ( ) posted Thu, 29 March 2007 at 12:09 PM

Quote -

Been a user since poser2( Yikes!!)
using poser6 now for pre-vis/set up
to each their own

carry on

Well, to be honest.   The day that I get to use C4d or Vue is the day they let me use the non-safety scissors or I come into a lot of money : ) 

Neither of those days are close at hand : D

Francemi ( ) posted Thu, 29 March 2007 at 12:24 PM

Vilian I had missed your reply!!! Thank you so much for explaining. That's exactly what I did: I started by applying a matpose to Posette V3 so I'd know where to get the textures! Phew! I'm glad these material zones won't be always there! lol

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

Casette ( ) posted Thu, 29 March 2007 at 1:42 PM

I'm very interested on her, but too much busy to use partial models. Waiting for the final and completely remapped version

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

Channing ( ) posted Thu, 29 March 2007 at 11:17 PM

file_373379.jpg

Here's another render with PosetteV3. Thanks again David!

ClawShrimp ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 1:33 AM

While nobody will question your drive David, they very well may question your motives.

Having now had an admittedly brief experience with your remapped Posette (and no prior experience with anything pre-Poser 6) I think I would personally struggle to find a reason to use her over my other female figures.

She is certainly light on resources, but realistically this is due to over simplification (or more accurately...old age). She may 'pose' well, but she doesn't bend particularly well, especially when compared with V4 and Apollo (my weapons of choice).

As a proof of concept, that old figures can still be used for reasonably good quality renders, this excercise has been successful. But I think you're fighting a losing battle trying to convince anyone that Posette is a viable alternative to the likes of V4, or even V3.

I say all of this with the greatest deal of respect for you and your work.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards...checkmate!

wolf359 ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 7:05 AM

file_373403.jpg

Well  said speaking of males for me "old" M2 still rules the are of hyper masculinity

My website

YouTube Channel

SSAfam1 ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 7:13 AM

I think what you've accomplished so far is remarkable. The opening photo of this thread scared me to death but you, Channing, and Tiari managed to make her look decent. My only thing is she has a worried look on her face in all the work I've seen. Even the one where she's smiling, her eye area still looks worried or as if she's puzzled about something.

JoePublic ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 8:02 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_373406.jpg

(No postwork. Click to enlarge)

As usual, things are not that black and white.

First, a high polygon count isn't a sign of quality, as was amply demonstrated by MIKI-1.
M2 for example has lot LESS polygons than M3, still he's undoubtly the more realistic mesh.

But there are limits. Polygon smoothing and displacement can only be used with Firefly, and I personally try to avoid using Firefly as much as I can because I have better things to do than waiting hours for a simple still render to finish.
I also prefer to have "real" modelled in details, and when you want to portray an older person you need more geometry to create realistic wrinkles, etc, and here is where the Unimesh can shine.
Actually modelled details just look better than displacement maps IMO.

Posette has a good body with a very nice mesh layout, but what she needs is some proper kneecaps and maybe at least one or two-hundred more polys in her face, especially around her eyes, nostrils and mouth.
V2LO has even less Polygons in her head, but they are distributed differently. She has more in her face and less in her skull, that's why she looks more realistic than Posette.
V3RR is even better, in fact you hardly can tell the difference between her and regular V3 in most renders, while she still renders as fast as Posette.

Posette's default joints are pretty bad but can be easily improved.
Yamatosan made new injectable joints for Posette for his LinLin character.
And if you want to see what's really possible, Xaa over at Daz made a custom rigged Posette that easily outbends V4.
(If one wants to be really adventurous, she could even be regrouped to use V4's joints which would mean she could also wear V4 clothes.)

One other problem are Posette's morphs. There are a few nice ones around, but a lot of them are just not as high quallity as the DAZ ones.
She would especially need a set of new expression morphs that equal MIKI or V4's in quality.
(And here the low amount of polygons in her head again becomes a problem)

Soo, I think dphoadly did a fantasitic job, and it sure will Posette make a lot more usefull than she already was.
So many thanks for your great work !

But if one really wants to "replace" V3 or V4, one has to match the realism we already have with the latest DAZ and EF offerings (Especially  MIKI-2).
And that means that the remapping would be just the beginning.

JoePublic ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 8:04 AM · edited Fri, 30 March 2007 at 8:15 AM

file_373407.jpg

(No postwork. Click to enlarge)

Here's how Posette bends with Yamatosan's new joints:

http://www.juno.dti.ne.jp/~yamato-k/OtherTool.html

momodot ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 8:43 AM

Beautiful renders, JoePublic.

ClawShrimp ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 9:26 AM

I stand corrected!

Great renders JoePublic!

I may have to re-think my inks...me thinks (I had to do it).

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards...checkmate!

dphoadley ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 10:12 AM

file_373414.jpg

The Remapping Continues, In Spite Of All. David P. Hoadley

Bobasaur ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 1:47 PM

"In Spite Of All." David, you're such a rebel!!! {BIG grin}

Before they made me they broke the mold!
http://home.roadrunner.com/~kflach/

Tiari ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 2:57 PM

I want her, DPH, and she'll get used.   Someone saying "no one will use her over v4"......... are they nuts? I have v4 and hate hate hate her LOL.    As for the "worried look" in her eyes, i did a quick job with her, i'm sure i could come up with a more dynamic facial expression given time.   Can't wait til she's done!  Please let me know when she is....... she'll become one of my favorites.

Channing ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 4:23 PM

David, I think she is intriguing, and for the simple reason that this represents a personal triumph for you. At this point, I can't imagine the amount of work you've done on her ... though she is an older model, this brings new live and variety to Posette. I think there are situations for every model ... and I appreciate the information from JoePublic re: morphs and joints. I'd say those are some weaknesses of her, but I wonder if some sort of superPosette hybrid combining all of the community work over the years on her could make a viable alternative to the ef and Daz models. Anyway, I appreciate those renders JoePublic ... she really has great character. I am constantly reminded of Audrey Hepburn when I look at Posette; a cute gamine ready for anything. :)

dphoadley ( ) posted Sun, 01 April 2007 at 9:55 AM

file_373579.jpg

A nude PosetteV3 contemplates her remapped right foot.

momodot ( ) posted Sun, 01 April 2007 at 10:01 AM

That is a nice render, dp.

It is great work.

Channing ( ) posted Sun, 01 April 2007 at 10:02 AM

She looks very happy. Good job!

dphoadley ( ) posted Sun, 01 April 2007 at 10:36 AM
dphoadley ( ) posted Mon, 09 April 2007 at 10:52 AM

Nude Eurasian Contemplating Her Foot.02

Just a little more work, remapping a couple of toes of the left foot, and PosetteV3 will be ready for distribution.  Then I can mope around the house again, ... until that is, I start to work on DorkM3.  PosetteV3 would be lonely without her lover. ;=)

posetteV3 with Panko's FREE V3 VietCong texture.
Chair Freebie (Don't remember whose)
Chinese Vase Freebie (Don't remember whose)
DAD's Umbrella
Flexible Screen (Don't remember whose)
Yamotosan's Linlin JP Correction Pose applaid for joint correction.

Rendered in Poser 5 with the three standard lights.
Moderately postworked in Photoshop.
To get the final effect, after doing photo touchup with the smudge, clone, burn, and blurring tool, I duplicated the layrer. I desaturated the top layer, and set opacity to 60%. To this layer I also applaid a light effect filter to slightly darken the scene and add to the mood.

PosetteV3 is an excellent model, and I believe that poly count is of minor importance as to quality of the texture applaid. Panko" is very good.

drifterlee ( ) posted Mon, 09 April 2007 at 3:00 PM

This is your best ever redner, IMHO. Better even because of all the work you did on Posette!!

Tiari ( ) posted Mon, 09 April 2007 at 3:37 PM

I still can't wait :)

drifterlee ( ) posted Mon, 09 April 2007 at 5:36 PM

Dave. The Posette you sent me does not have the remapped left foot. Did you send the latest one out? Thanks, Sherrie

dphoadley ( ) posted Mon, 09 April 2007 at 10:11 PM

My dear friend, Sherrie, I'll send you one today.
DPH

drifterlee ( ) posted Mon, 09 April 2007 at 11:03 PM

Dave, I am having a hard time getting the V3 textures on her in the materials room. Some work, a lot don't and I do not know why. There seem to be a  lot of extra lashes and so on that the original Posette does not have in the drop down menu so I don't know which textures to plug into what. Can you IM or email me instructions? Thanks

dphoadley ( ) posted Mon, 09 April 2007 at 11:16 PM

You need to apply the materials by hand, and NOT by a MAT pose.  If you use a MAT pose, then you'll end up with a lot of non-existant materals listed that shouldn't be there (Note that someone had a similar problem earlier in this thread, from using an Aiko MAT pose).

You can however, copy and paste in the materials room to make things easier.  PosetteV3's lashes are transmapped to the Upper lashes of the V3 transparencies, for both the upper and lower eyelid.

I'll send you my most recent default Cr2, and maybe that will make it a bit easier.
DPH

drifterlee ( ) posted Mon, 09 April 2007 at 11:57 PM

I was trying to do it by hand in the materials room. Argh!!!! Thanks Dave.

dphoadley ( ) posted Tue, 10 April 2007 at 12:04 AM

Try assigning materials using the select tool, rather than the drop-down list.  That might help.  I usually use the drop down menu ONLT for doing each eye, since each one is now a seperate entity.
DPH

Francemi ( ) posted Tue, 10 April 2007 at 6:09 AM

David, could you send the finished work to me too please? If you didn't keep my email address I'll pm you with it. ;o)

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

dphoadley ( ) posted Tue, 10 April 2007 at 7:05 AM

Everyone Who Wants Her Will Get PosetteV3!
DPH

Francemi ( ) posted Tue, 10 April 2007 at 7:14 AM

Well I want her. ;o)

France, Proud Owner of

KCTC Freebies  

mamba-negra ( ) posted Tue, 10 April 2007 at 7:27 AM

If I can get a copy of her, I could probably write a python script that would let you select the textures you wanted one time and apply them to the right places. It would be easier than copying and what not.

I've never assigned textures to a figure using python, but it is clearly possible (and I am a programmer by profession....so one would hope I could figure out the way it works, lol).

dphoadley ( ) posted Tue, 10 April 2007 at 7:47 AM

**dphoadley@****mamba-negra
**That would be very nice.  Anything that can facilitate the ease of use is much appreciated.  There are many more material zones with PosetteV3 than there ever were with Posette.  The reasons for this are various, but part of it is because I wanted to seperate material zines for ease of work (So as not to accidentally ruin one part of the work while working on another part), and because I thought that that would allow more freedom of choice when texturing.
I'll be happy to send you a copy when I finish the foot.
DPH

mamba-negra ( ) posted Tue, 10 April 2007 at 8:45 AM

sounds good. The number of zones doesn't bother computer programs- so that shouldn't be a problem. Computers are funny that way:P

Thanks:) And looking forward to digging out all that old, but great P4 stuff!

BillyGoat ( ) posted Tue, 10 April 2007 at 4:09 PM

Hey there **mamba-negra!
Good to see you...

BillyGoat

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.