Sat, Sep 21, 4:39 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 3:32 pm)

Subject: Content management tools

starbase1 ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 8:48 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 4:31 PM

After a long delay, I have fiunally moved up to Poser 7. It occured to me that this might be a good time to plan ahead and avoid the complete content mess I ended up with under poser 5!

It was just about impossible to find the poses that went with the figues, separate the mats from the actual poses. Then there was the mess of trying to find iimage file names that looked like they had been encrypted, etc, etc. It seemed like I spent more time with the windows search tool thann making the graphics...

So, can anyone recommend something to help me manage the content? Or is P7 easier in this regard? I don't mind paying extra for a useful tool, as long as I can avoid ending up in the same state as before!

All clues very gratefully receievd!

Nick

gagnonrich ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 9:13 AM

Poser 7 now allows you to organize libraries into content collections (pg 52 in the ref manual) where you can pull things from various library categories and runtimes.

If you're looking for something to automatically sort every bit of content you install into some sort of categorical system, there isn't anything out there. Content creators have their internal system to install content (usually under their name rather than under a generic product category). Maintaining a well-organized runtime is a manual effort that you have to perform after you install products.

You can link to your old Poser runtime if you don't want to reinstall all your old content into Poser 7.

My visual indexes of Poser content are at http://www.sharecg.com/pf/rgagnon

modus0 ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 9:20 AM

Using external runtimes, organized by say, figure, is a very handy way of making sure you know what goes with which figure. The only downside is the need to completely re-install everything, and the seconds lost moving between different runtimes.

Pboost can help, as it works like internal different runtimes, but it won't tell you what the poses or whatever that already installed are for.

If you're joking that's just cruel, but if you're being sarcastic, that's even worse.

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 9:33 AM

CR Pro

http://www.hogsoft.com/products/product_info.php?products_id=47

correct your texture and geometry references and has a tool to move your content from one runtime to another with all its associated textures and gemoetry.

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

starbase1 ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 9:46 AM · edited Fri, 30 March 2007 at 9:48 AM

Thanks for some quick responses!

(And it would also make my life easier if Content Creators would use their names - **WITHOUT the "!" and other characters to get to the top of the $!£"ing list!)
PBoost looks handy, I'll read some more about that, it could help. CR Pro also sounds like it could save me a lot of time!

Do people feel that these programs are reasonably easy to use? 
Nick

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 9:49 AM

I don't find CR Pro hard to use, but it is very diffrent.

that is to say steep learning curve but once you get it, its easy to use.

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

starbase1 ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 10:14 AM

Quote - I don't find CR Pro hard to use, but it is very diffrent.

that is to say steep learning curve but once you get it, its easy to use.

Thanks Tyger - sounds like its what I need to clean up the old libraries before I start moving them around...

Nick

modus0 ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 10:52 AM

And Pboost is fairly easy to use as well, which isn't surprising as the same person created both it and CR Pro.

If you're joking that's just cruel, but if you're being sarcastic, that's even worse.

eldritch48 ( ) posted Sat, 31 March 2007 at 1:03 PM

Anything out there that works on a Mac?

starbase1 ( ) posted Sun, 01 April 2007 at 5:24 PM

I just ordered both - I will let people know how I get on - thanks for the tips!
Nick

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.