Fri, Sep 20, 11:35 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Feb/March 2007 Challenge "Kiss My Glass" - Vote Here!!!!

AgentSmith ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 6:22 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 11:34 AM

February / March Challenge #1 - "Kiss My Glass"

Check out all the thumbnails at the above link (two pages of them), and come back in here to place your vote.

Voting - you can only vote once, and no voting for yourself. You place your vote(s) by listing your top 3 favorites in order of which one you like the best, like this;

**Member name - 3 points
Member name - 2 points
Member name - 1 point

**Please feel like listing any other Honorable Mentions you also liked, or reasons why you picked what you did, etc.

You must list three members, and their points. You can only give one member 3 points, one member 2 points and one member one point.

We take a couple three days to aquire all the voting, and then I will add up the points, and declare the winners in a new thread. **The 1st Place Winner will decide what the theme of the next Challenge will be.
Start the voting!!!!!!!

Contact Me | Gallery | Freestuff | IMDB Credits | Personal Site
"I want to be what I was when I wanted to be what I am now"

aliensprog ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 7:35 AM

death at midnight - 3 pts drawbridge - 3 pts agent smith - 3 pts .....AND you want me too choose? Almost as torture as my MAC went through rendering my entry. Well the reason for these choices are the quality and professional finish to these brilliant entries. My hat is off to you guys!!! Congrats to all contestants who entered and good luck. It was a good challenge.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 7:43 AM

3-2-1 voting, please, thanks.  ;o)

(cool avatar)

aliensprog ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 8:18 AM

death at midnight - 3 pts drawbridge - 2 pts agent smith - 1 pts Thanks AgentSmith for spotting the mistake although it really is a representation of how hard it was to actually choose between the 3 pics!!!! Your pics are always top quality. Want to change the avatar, well update it really but my modeling skills have a lot to be desired.

AgentSmith ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 8:46 AM

No prob! ;o)

Avatar alien looks...almost like blue metal. Love da blumetahl....

waldomac ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 9:18 AM

Tough one. There certainly were more than 3 that deserve praise, and deciding was particularly hard. In the end, I chose for subject matter originality, for lack of a better term; really great glass; and POV:

drawbridgep-3
prae -2
SavantNoir -1

Elsina ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 9:39 AM

drawbridgep 3 points
Death_at_Midnight 2 points
AgentSmith 1 point

but many terrific entries deserving!

My gallery @ Renderosity

Gnomo_Negro ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 9:40 AM

My justifications: The two first ones for the innovation of the forms and the extreme creativity. It finishes it is for the simplicity of the composition and the ideia to remember the old valves.

Thandaluz - 3
SavantNoir - 2
Death_at_Midnight - 1

Victoria_Lee ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 10:03 AM

ICM - 3 pts
aliensprog - 2 pts
SavantNoir - 1 pt

(Ya gotta loved tabbed browsing in times like this!)

Hugz from Phoenix, USA

Victoria

Remember, sometimes the dragon wins. Correction: MOST times.

Uncle_Riotous ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 11:09 AM

I think I'm going to have to go for

ICM - 3 pts
Death at Midnight - 2 pts
SavantNoir - 1pt

Have to say I really want to see the Death At Midnight entry larger, it nearly got my number one spot.

ThomasMacCallum ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 11:37 AM

Death at midnight (50): 3
AgentMith (52): 2
Donniemc0 (31):1

AeroJett ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 12:12 PM

drawbirdgep - 3
donniemc0 - 2
orbital  - 1

Zhann ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 1:39 PM

AgentSmith - 3pts
Death_at_Midnight - 2pts
Drawbridge - 1pt

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

dan whiteside ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 1:40 PM

What a great theme and excellent images all around! aliensprog - 3 ICM -2 Savantnoir - 1 HM - drawbirdgep, Agent Smith and Death at Midnight

Stoner ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 1:43 PM

Death at Midnight - 3 pt
SavantNoir - 2 pt
AgentSmith - 1 pt

Good spelling is overaytead

TheBryster ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 2:05 PM
Forum Moderator

DonniemcO = 3
Prae = 2
Skiwillgee = 1

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Yoro ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 3:35 PM

drawbridgep - 3 pts
Thandaluz - 2 pts
aliensprog - 1 pt

davidoblad ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 4:25 PM · edited Fri, 30 March 2007 at 4:27 PM

drawbridge -3 pts (awesome use of glass- big thumbs up)
Analog-X - 2 pts (super nice render)
evielouise -1 pt (pretty good for a beginner)

They were all fantastic. I don't usually get involved with these contests, in that public voting usually applies weight by politics and not artistic value. This multi-vote system does help to offset personal friendship bias.. I'd like to see it extended to 5 votes. Then maybe I would pay more attention to these contests. You could set up an offsite web page just for voting contests to make this easier with a hyper-link to the announcement page.  I had to do some research to figure out how to vote on this. Hugs from Dave :^)

If all you have is a hammer.. then all problems look like nails!

KSP ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 4:54 PM

EvieLouise  3 points

Great job my friend.

RodsArt ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 7:43 PM

drawbridgep - 3 pts (The DOF and the multitude of angles on the Glass got me)
Agent Smith - 2 pts (Texture master)
Death_at_midnight - 1 pt (these are amazing works of detail)

I have to say all of these turned out fantastic! Kudos to Everyone for pushing your computers to the edge. You're all Bryce Maniacs.......YeeeHaww

___
Ockham's razor- It's that simple

JoanF ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 8:14 PM · edited Fri, 30 March 2007 at 8:16 PM

Boy, it sure isn't easy to figure out how to VOTE:

EvieLouise 3pts

Great job girl!

grasshopper1980 ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 9:08 PM

ICM                              -3
Death_at_Midnight   -2
Stoner                         -1

I have to say, choosing which ones to vote for was really hard.  Everyone did a great job on their artwork.

Yigal ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 9:41 PM

Death-at-Midnight 3 pt   wow! what detail
lemonjim   2 pt
Thandaluz  1 pt

Thanks for the forum AgentSmith!

prae ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 11:13 PM

So hard to choose
Thandaluz 3 pt
electroglyph 2 pt
aeello 1 pt
I made my choices because they evoked a feeling as well as following the contest criteria.

minielim ( ) posted Fri, 30 March 2007 at 11:31 PM

Death_at_Midnight - 3 points ek-art - 2 points ICM - 1 point

on_a_nice_day ( ) posted Sat, 31 March 2007 at 12:12 AM · edited Sat, 31 March 2007 at 12:14 AM

Death_at_Midnight 3 points
ICM 2 points
drawbridgep 1 point

williamhowell ( ) posted Sat, 31 March 2007 at 6:51 AM

williamhowell ( ) posted Sat, 31 March 2007 at 6:58 AM

This was very painful!! 
Can you not make this voting a little easier. Thanks sis

**EvieLouise 3pts
**Nice work Evie!!

airflamesred ( ) posted Sat, 31 March 2007 at 10:04 AM

3 - Paul Francis
2 - ICM
1 - Tigi 63

Sexything ( ) posted Sat, 31 March 2007 at 11:06 AM

SavantNoir 3
Prae 2
Death at Midnight 1

Decisions were hard, and based on the following:  Original work done in Bryce and executed in Bryce.  Honorable mentions are ICM, swiehart, and electroglyph, all of whom did incredible work, but either did not clarify if they actually made their models, or stated that they made the models in another program.

SavantNoir got the top nod from me based not only on how pretty his post is, but unlike some other comments I have seen here, he truly is a beginner with only 40 posts over the last 40 days, and his progression has been amazing. I do not consider someone that has made over 400 posts since 2004 a beginner.  lol

AngelicaB ( ) posted Sat, 31 March 2007 at 11:09 AM

Death_at_Midnight 3 points
lemonjim   2 pt
aeello 1 pt

alexclark ( ) posted Sat, 31 March 2007 at 11:45 AM

Death_at_Midnight - 3pts drawbridgep - 2pts SavantNoir - 1pt HM to AgentSmith, Burpee and Aeelo. Next time I will have an idea of what I want to do BEFORE the challenge deadline : )

jebman93 ( ) posted Sat, 31 March 2007 at 6:54 PM

Death at Midnight: 3
Burpee: 2
Bad T: 1

Death_at_Midnight ( ) posted Sat, 31 March 2007 at 7:02 PM

seiwert - 3 pts
aliensprog - 2 pts
aeello - 1 pt

This was very tough to pick just three.

skiwillgee ( ) posted Sat, 31 March 2007 at 8:13 PM

drawbridge  3
ICM                2
wawadave    1

HM's are innumerable.  AgentSmith, Death at Midnight, Paul Francis, Burpee and others

This was a great contest. 

Lostroad ( ) posted Sat, 31 March 2007 at 11:27 PM

Death at Midnight - 3 points

drawbridgep - 2

Incognitas - 1

Lown ( ) posted Sun, 01 April 2007 at 12:22 AM

Great work from everyone!!
Death at Midnight 3points
SavantNoir 2points
Drawbridgep 1point

That was a tough decision!

Anruth ( ) posted Sun, 01 April 2007 at 1:37 AM

Attached Link: Featheredmonkey.com

Here's my vote.

Aeello -          3pts
Agentsmith - 2pts
Savantnoir -  1pt

Good job all.

JoanF ( ) posted Sun, 01 April 2007 at 7:25 AM

Quote - Boy, it sure isn't easy to figure out how to VOTE:

EvieLouise 3pts
boekenwuurm 2pts
wawadave 1pt

Great job girl!

Incognitas ( ) posted Sun, 01 April 2007 at 12:28 PM

prae 3 points
Electroglyph 2 points
Death at Midnight 1 point

Highly commended in no particular order Shack,donniemc0,siewert,ICM,AgentSmith amd drawbridgep.

Very hard..Just like marking GCSE art exams, you want to give them all a pass mark.

boekenwuurm ( ) posted Sun, 01 April 2007 at 12:43 PM

hm, difficult...
Death_at_Midnight 3
Tom 271                  2
Twalker                    1

HM: ICM, AgentSmith, Wawadave, Shak, thandaluz, Rahachrohos and others

RajRaja ( ) posted Sun, 01 April 2007 at 2:08 PM

Prae - 3
Burpee - 2
waldomac  - 1

electroglyph ( ) posted Sun, 01 April 2007 at 2:11 PM

Really really tough this time. First I tried to eliminate every work that fell through in some way. I really liked my own glass but ran out of time to do anything about the hard transmission through the glass. There were lots scenes that were spectacular in one way but fell through in another. Scenes where nothing but Bryce skies were reflected when the object was in a room. Scenes like my own where the transmission was too flat. I saw no-smoothing and jagged renders (or resizing post work) that ruined otherwise excellent renders. I still had about ten to choose from.

Since so many votes are in and I doubt I'll have any effect on the placement between Death at midnight and drawbridgep I hope you both forgive me that I don't vote for either one of you. Your positions seem safe from where I'm standing. I'm going to use my votes for some other purpose.

Agent Smith-3 points
I can't believe that a 12 is all you got. Do you realize that even eviemarie is kicking your “A Double-Smith.” Some kind of reverse discrimination is going on. Oh that AS, he'll always do so much better that anything he enters has to be superior just to be considered. I don't think you are number 1 but I don't think you disserve to have 1/5th of the leaders points.

ICM - 2 points
Same thing. I'm not even that thrilled with the shape or design. In terms of realism however this looks like something that could be sitting on my desk.

twalker - 1point
I've had to take hours and hours of photos of tiffany on black velvet. Maybe your render was just too simple to attract much attention. All the lines are clean and smooth and I see something in the reflections. Keep up the good work!

wawadave ( ) posted Sun, 01 April 2007 at 2:14 PM

ok here are my picks though i could swap back and forth for many others hard choices to make!

drawbridgep 3
skiwillgee 2
Death_at_Midnight 1

attileus ( ) posted Sun, 01 April 2007 at 4:46 PM

Nr 14 - 3 pts
Nr 11 - 2 pts
Nr 52 - 1 pt

donniemc0 ( ) posted Sun, 01 April 2007 at 5:02 PM

without going into too much depth...HA! 
i hereby cast my vote with the following reasoning. Firstly, i was never going to be drawn to any "realism" in this challenge i.e the HDRI images which although stunning and creative, were still inside the box too much for me. sorry but at least i am reasoning out my votes. the challenge subject was inspired coming at the time of bryce 6, and i hope all you brycers are ashamed of yourselves using up all that electricity and shortening the lifespan of our planet by about 5.7 years, just to render  a decent glass image.:)
brilliant entries all round and after visiting, making a shortlist, re-visiting, making another shortlist re-re visiting, i vote as follows:
savantnoir- 3 points  - shoot me i like symmetry and clear cut definition, this was beautiful!
Paul Francis - 2 points- paul rightly gave credit to the ministry scene he used , but he made this image exceptional without overdoing it. and just far enough  outside the box for my tastes!
Aeello -1 point - although similar to orbitals entry in subject matter, this one edged it for me because it was a true "bryce" image which followed the brief. dominant glass as the subject and...yup, shoot me again. a bryce sky being reflected! well i liked it. 
honourable mentions to boekenwuurm (yer killin the planet with those 23 hour renders man! lol) and Agent smith (keep it up kid, you might just get somewhere :))
 a wee bit disturbed to see a flurry of votes for a first time entrant who shall be nameless . its not about voting for yer pals guys its about being subjective.

like others before me, i doubt my votes will change the two horse race and congratulations to the eventual winner because the standard of entries was superb

SavantNoir ( ) posted Sun, 01 April 2007 at 5:05 PM

I refrain from voting, being a contestant...BUT if I were to vote it would be with much ambivalency.  When ONLY considering the quality of glass, Drawbridge, Death at Midnight, Electroglyph, ranachronos, seiwert, ICM, and Agent_Smith did incredible jobs.  Also, reflexexperssion did an excellent job in his composition and premium render, but unfortuantely, I think the blurred transmissions is not what the "glass" contest was necessarily all about, so he did not get the recognition his excellent composition would otherwise deserve.

If I were to vote on a Bryce competition, then I would have to rule most of the above out, and consider Thandaluz, lemonjim, and others that made their entries entirely in Bryce.  I suppose this perspective is probably an often-debated one.  A person could import a picture on a 2-d plane, click render, and post it as a Bryce peice.  Is it?  One of my all time favorite Bryce artists is Rohi, and he uses a ton of programs to accomplish his fantastic art.  In this case, "art" is the objective, and the plethora of tools on how to accomplish that objective are vast, and those that master them are owed great respect for their accomplishments.  In the case of a Bryce contest, my thought was..."do the best you can with Bryce" as the primary objective.

Great job everyone!

KSP ( ) posted Sun, 01 April 2007 at 5:41 PM

They were all spectacular !

EvieLouise     3 pts
Drawbridge    2 pts
ICM                1 pt

Grisell ( ) posted Sun, 01 April 2007 at 9:04 PM

Death at midnight - 3 points
Twalker - 2 points
Tigi63 - 1 point

Ace_combat ( ) posted Sun, 01 April 2007 at 9:34 PM

SavantNoir 3
Prae 2
Death at Midnight 1

Imagelink ( ) posted Sun, 01 April 2007 at 9:40 PM

SavantNoir 3
Thandaluz 2
Prae 1

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.