Tue, Sep 24, 3:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 2:15 pm)

Subject: Whats "MacConverter" ?

drkfetyshnyghts ( ) posted Wed, 04 April 2007 at 1:57 PM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 1:27 PM

Visiting various sites that sell Poser content.. some say it is compatible with mac with MacConverter. Whats is that?  Sorry i am sooo new to this.

Stefi xxx

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Wed, 04 April 2007 at 2:38 PM

it was an utility written by martin c. for use in mac OS 9, amongst other things to convert windows poser folders containing rsr files to mac-useable format. however, the newest macs cannot run said utility, nor can many others.

drkfetyshnyghts ( ) posted Wed, 04 April 2007 at 3:15 PM

Thanks Miss Nancy....  how far behind are these sites just catering for OS9 !!!! ?

Stefi xxx

tebop ( ) posted Wed, 04 April 2007 at 10:44 PM

I used to use it when i was in mac os 9. it wa s very useful. And most of the stuff i downloaded from freestuff, had to be converted. I just drag it there and BOOM it converted.

drkfetyshnyghts ( ) posted Wed, 04 April 2007 at 11:33 PM

hey tebop... i understand now... i just now am not sure wether this content will work on osx without this macconverter thingy... i would assume not?

Stefi xxx

Quote - I used to use it when i was in mac os 9. it wa s very useful. And most of the stuff i downloaded from freestuff, had to be converted. I just drag it there and BOOM it converted.

MarianneR ( ) posted Thu, 05 April 2007 at 1:42 AM
Online Now!

The stuff will work anyways in Poser 5 and newer. The problem might be the thumbnails in the library. If there is only an rsr-file you'll get the shrugging guy instead of the pic, but if there are png's the stuff will work as it is. Then the paths to the textures and obj-files might be Windows-style like "C:somefoldersomeotherfolder...." which usually works on my computer but it takes a long time to load. There are some converters that work on OSX. There is one in the marketplace by fmorgan that I know of and I've found a free one in the DAZ forums (it doesn't work on everything though).

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.