Wed, Jul 3, 1:12 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 02 3:11 pm)

Subject: Does anyone know where Pappy took his store to?

dlk30341 ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2007 at 11:36 AM · edited Sat, 16 March 2024 at 12:11 PM

He had a slew of religious items & I wanted to purchase some. Does anyone know where he moved to.....I checked PP & 3dc & didn't see anything.

TIA :)

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2007 at 1:38 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?userid=92372

Try sending him a PM or email and ask if he has a store elsewhere.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

dlk30341 ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2007 at 3:03 PM

Thanks Acadia :)

jeffg3 ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2007 at 4:19 PM

Ping. I need his stuff!

Porthos ( ) posted Fri, 06 April 2007 at 4:47 PM

Strange that store is not found, yet I can still find his products! O.0

The passion pack for instance:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=48838

MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, 12.0GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 7770

PoserPro 2012 (SR1) - Units: Metres , Corel PSP X4 and PSE 9

kalon ( ) posted Sat, 07 April 2007 at 3:23 PM

Quote - Strange that store is not found, yet I can still find his products! O.0

The passion pack for instance:

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=48838

Yes, but it's all listed as no longer available for purchase...

kalonart.com

bigjobbie ( ) posted Sat, 07 April 2007 at 7:21 PM

Snap - also had a few of his things on wishlist. Pity - very unique products.

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Sun, 08 April 2007 at 10:49 AM

There is a chance he might have closed his store for holidays, given the religious nature of most of his work. Just guessing though.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Mon, 09 April 2007 at 8:04 AM
Site Admin

DLK30341, Did you ever find if pappy is still selling his stuff anywhere? got some birthday money and wanted to get some of his stuff

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

dlk30341 ( ) posted Mon, 09 April 2007 at 9:10 AM

No, he is not & has no intentions of doing so :(.  He said there was a conflict between himself & RO store admin.  He did not say what the conflict was :(.  I emailed store admin in supprt of him & the return of his store, I have heard nothing back from them.

rockets ( ) posted Mon, 09 April 2007 at 11:32 AM

I think due to some changes in the marketplace, you'll see a lot of vendors stores dwindle down to almost nothing and then just disappear...my own being one of them.:crying:

My idea of rebooting is kicking somebody in the butt twice!

bigjobbie ( ) posted Mon, 09 April 2007 at 12:24 PM

Is there anywhere we can read about the details creating this sort of vendor-quitting?  (without you getting in trouble for speaking out)

Try Poser Pros perhaps if Rendo is getting too restrictive?

Cheers

Anniebel ( ) posted Mon, 09 April 2007 at 12:47 PM

The problem is the clearance section I think.

I was browsing this month & noticed a lot of his stuff in there.

Renderosity no longer caters to variety unfortunately, just popularity. If something doesn't sell often, doesn't matter how good it is, it will be dropped into clearance & ultimately disappear.

There is also a lot of Gloria's clothes in there this month, so soon there will be nothing for her here I guess.

You used to be able to rely on renderosity to supply products that you couldn't find elsewhere, but no longer, it will only stay if it is popular.

The best & most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen nor touched... but felt in the heart.

Helen Keller

My Gallery                       My Freebies                        My Store

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 09 April 2007 at 2:45 PM

I dont' like that clearance idea at all.  It's virtual items for Pete's sake! Who cares how often they sell. Once a file is up, Renderosity doesn't have to do anything to maintain that file IE: dust it.  Just because something isn't selling like hotcakes every single day, doesn't mean there isn't a market for it.

I'd rant on more about that, but I have to go and get ready to leave the house, but that's the gist of my point.

bigjobbie ( ) posted Mon, 09 April 2007 at 3:29 PM

So is the Clearance section Rendo's Green Mile?

Better go check it out to see what other cool stuff is under the boot...

Anniebel ( ) posted Tue, 10 April 2007 at 1:02 AM

Quote - I dont' like that clearance idea at all.  It's virtual items for Pete's sake! Who cares how often they sell. Once a file is up, Renderosity doesn't have to do anything to maintain that file IE: dust it.  Just because something isn't selling like hotcakes every single day, doesn't mean there isn't a market for it.

I'd rant on more about that, but I have to go and get ready to leave the house, but that's the gist of my point.

I'm with you Acadia, I hate it. It is so sad to see all that good stuff disappearing. I don't know why they could not have an archive area rather than a clearance section.

I check it out at the beginning of the month, so I don't miss out, & if I can afford it, I get it before it disappears.

The best & most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen nor touched... but felt in the heart.

Helen Keller

My Gallery                       My Freebies                        My Store

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Tue, 10 April 2007 at 3:55 AM

PERHAPS.. if enough people voiced their opinions in regards to the Clearance section, they would rethink their strategy?

I don't like it much either, in they might as well rename the Marketplace to V4 Texture Shop....

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

profotograf ( ) posted Tue, 10 April 2007 at 6:11 AM

Attached Link: My Online Store

I'd be happy to host a store for Pappy... could always use new stuff at mine.

Greetz,
Antonio

Greetings from Germany
ProFotograf

My PoserAddicts

3-DArena ( ) posted Thu, 12 April 2007 at 3:51 PM · edited Thu, 12 April 2007 at 3:52 PM

careful there profotograf - make a comment like that and you could get banned from the merchant's forum - if it seems you to them are even "implying" others could broker with you by linking your site you could get banned from there ;-) (even when you aren't)

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

Ardiva ( ) posted Thu, 12 April 2007 at 6:56 PM · edited Thu, 12 April 2007 at 7:01 PM

So where IS this "Clearance" place on the MP anyways. I can't seem to find it.

EDIT: nevermind..I found it. lol

rockets ( ) posted Thu, 12 April 2007 at 7:24 PM

Ardiva if you click on Marketplace then What's New and then look all the way to your right, you'll see the Clearance button.

My idea of rebooting is kicking somebody in the butt twice!

Ardiva ( ) posted Thu, 12 April 2007 at 9:45 PM

Quote - Ardiva if you click on Marketplace then What's New and then look all the way to your right, you'll see the Clearance button.

Got it, Carol. :)

goldie ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2007 at 2:44 AM
Online Now!

Pappy's products are back!   If you had items in your wishlist, you will have to go to his store and add them again...

vilian ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2007 at 3:28 AM

Can't believe they want to kick out of the marketplace so many great products... So many Cyclorama textures, ElfDance textures, MFD textures, gorgeous buildings (even wonderful works by chikako) or even awesome hairdos like Yps-hair (which I had wishlisted for such a long time, and looks like I won't ever get it even though it's relatively cheap item - I hoped I'll get them in few months, after my first payday). I always thought the customers are who decide what should be available for sale, and from what I've seen not all need yet-another-skimpy-V4-thingy - it seems those are only products that are safe to stay ^^'

Long live House Mouse ! Check my freebies for Mousie stuff :)    <:3 )~~

3-DArena ( ) posted Fri, 13 April 2007 at 8:43 AM

It is the customers who decide, items go to clearanceif they haven't sold in a set amount of time.  Thing is I have items hit clearance here that are actually still selling elsewhere. Vendors used to be able to "opt out" of clearance so their products were just removed now that option is gone and you have to catch it when something is going to go into clearance. 

Then you have to contact a store admin to have it removed. PITA it is.

I don't use clearance because it's unfair to have the item forced into a permanent sale here when customers are paying regular price elsewhere.  Heck I just had 4 items removed - all of them have sold in the past month elsewhere, 3 in the week I had them removed from here.

3-D Arena | Instagram | Facebook

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo

the_tdog ( ) posted Sat, 19 January 2008 at 9:20 PM · edited Sat, 19 January 2008 at 9:23 PM

I'm well aware that I'm responding to a long-dead thread here, but I want to state that I'm tired of looking for items, finding them here on Rendo, only to see they're "no longer for sale."

Makes me not want to buy "older" stuff, because I can't get the items--which used to be here in abundance--that support them.

Daz has "Elita" hair on sale today, for $1.99... Cute hair, can probably be converted to V4, and useful for my other figures still.  Can I get more textures for it?  One set, though if you look on "Whatever3d.com", you'll find links to 4, including one from a vendor who's hair textures I really like (outoftouch.)  But, if I go to that page, that item is "no longer for sale."

I've been encountering this quite a bit lately, and, frankly, it sucks.  Try to find a texture for AS's "Springtime Clothes" now, I dare you to.   I just did a week ago, and would have spent some good money on them, too. 

I guess it's Rendo's loss.

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 19 January 2008 at 9:59 PM · edited Sat, 19 January 2008 at 10:03 PM

Quote - Try to find a texture for AS's "Springtime Clothes" now, I dare you to.   I just did a week ago, and would have spent some good money on them, too. 

I guess it's Rendo's loss.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=37395&

http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=37369

There are probably others, but I did find this one. 

Here is the link to the Spring Time clothing, towards the bottom are "Addon products". Those are addon textures for the clothing.  I haven't checked the links.

http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?ViewProduct=37185

If some items are no longer available, you can always contact the vendor and ask about a private sale either via PayPal or through a barter of an equivalent valued  gift certificate to a store of their choice in exchange for the item.

kobaltkween ( ) posted Sun, 20 January 2008 at 8:56 AM

wait, pappy no longer has a store here?!  that's extremely disappointing.  it's also disappointing to find that the "clearance" section isnt' voluntary.  i assumed it was what people did when they wanted to permanently discount their own older items. 

the problem with certain items is that they require more skill to use well than the average portrait.  i know that's why i'd only wishlisted some of pappy's items. i'm just now reaching the skill level where i think it would be worth it to try some of the images i have planned that had me eying his store.  now i can't get them at all?  that bites.

dlk30341 ( ) posted Sun, 20 January 2008 at 10:02 AM

Pappy's is indeed back.  Notice the date of my original post 😉

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 20 January 2008 at 12:27 PM · edited Sun, 20 January 2008 at 12:31 PM

Quote - wait, pappy no longer has a store here?!  that's extremely disappointing.  it's also disappointing to find that the "clearance" section isnt' voluntary.  i assumed it was what people did when they wanted to permanently discount their own older items.  .

The clearance section now is indeed voluntary. 

While there was no formal announcement made in the Newsletter, Vendors now have the choice to opt out of clearance, which means if a vendor opts out and an item doesn't sell within 90 days "poof" it is gone, with no warning to customers.

I had first heard a rumour about this and it was verified by staff as well as some Vendors.

I have been saying that the vendors need to have an option as to whether or not to allow their items to go into clearance. I never dreamed that the change would be this!  What I was wanting was for them to get rid of the clearance section period, or allow the vendor the option to have their product go through clearance or not at all. If they opt out the items remain in their store until they remove them themselves.

Otehr stores don't drive out products after 90 days! I don't understand why this one does. It's probably why vendors are leaving here and going elsewhere.

mamba-negra ( ) posted Sun, 20 January 2008 at 7:21 PM

This is a bit silly, in my opinion.

I understand the desire to not have to wade through dozens of venders whose products are not appealing to you (such as those that work only for characters you don't use, or those whose style differs from your taste...whatever). But, rather than restricting the items to something that will sell consistently for years, it would be better to allow the user to "hide" unwanted vendor products and let those products that don't have an externally based lifespan (tied to a figure that will soon be ignored due to a newer, more popular one) live on for as long as the vendor wants.

I love the stuff I've been seeing lately from pappy, but it's very specific stuff. So, until I actually plan to use breakfast stuffs, I will wait to purchase it. I do have plans for such a need, but it might be 1 or 2 years before I ever get to it (maybe longer, lol).

Now V3 stuff, I have no problem if it goes away:P I've not used her in a couple years;) But I bet there are lots of people who use her all the time.

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 20 January 2008 at 10:16 PM

The clearance section and rule about "no sales in 90 days and poof....gone", means the death of niche items in this store.  Niche items may not sell like hotcakes everyday, but they do sell. I know there have been times where I have been looking for something, or have seen someone else looking for something, only to not be able to find it because it was in the store here but driven out because of the clearance section.

Which is why i tell people that if the item is no longer available in the MP, they should contact the vendor and strike a private deal with the vendor. At least that way the person can still get the item, and a private deal means that the vendor gets 100% of the profits instead of ony half.

I'm glad to see that vendors who were exclusive here have started to start stores on other sites that don't drive out products after a period of time.

kobaltkween ( ) posted Sun, 20 January 2008 at 11:44 PM

i just want to say that this is extremely upsetting to learn, and i strongly wish that the removal policy be discontinued.  i think a more social approach which works with the merchants would be much better and less disruptive to both customers and merchants.  it would be better to give merchants alerts and the chance to think about either discounting or discontinuing their item.

mamba-negra ( ) posted Mon, 21 January 2008 at 12:21 AM

I'm glad to see that vendors who were exclusive here have started to start stores on other sites that don't drive out products after a period of time.

I don't like lots of independant stores, though:( There is too much risk something being wrong with the shopping stuff and security.

What I would like to see was something that was a little more vendor friendly. Something like a co-op, rather than a company with big profits in mind. That way there would be one place to shop, and the vendors would get their fair share.

muralist ( ) posted Mon, 21 January 2008 at 12:32 AM · edited Mon, 21 January 2008 at 12:33 AM

Quote - >>I don't like lots of independant stores, though:( There is too much risk something being wrong with the shopping stuff and security. .

I've had only good experiences with independent stores.   There's nothing wrong with the "store stuff" and security.  You can see in the support forums here plenty of bad experiences both customers and vendors have with Renderosity. 

muralist ( ) posted Mon, 21 January 2008 at 3:55 AM

I should add, the good experiences far outweight the bad ones.  They both exist everywhere.

mamba-negra ( ) posted Mon, 21 January 2008 at 7:20 AM

No, I'm not saying there are problems with anyone's store in particular, it's just that getting everything right seems like it's not a trivial thing- so, I'm just not a big fan of having lots of places where I use my CC. And I don't like paypal, so I try to avoid them as much as possible. I just feel better about my information being in as few places as possible.

Acadia ( ) posted Mon, 21 January 2008 at 8:54 AM

You can link PayPal to your  credit card. So you pay via PayPal and they take the funds from your credit card.  That's what I used to do.  This way you have your credit card in even less places.

mamba-negra ( ) posted Mon, 21 January 2008 at 9:22 AM

Yeah, but have you read all the horrible things people say about paypal? OMG, if they are right, the place is run by demons, lol. Of course, it's probably total fabrication, but several have implied that during their time as an employee, they weren't very careful about access to personal information (like card numbers).

kobaltkween ( ) posted Mon, 21 January 2008 at 10:47 AM

there are lots of legitimate and proven problems with PayPal, it's true.  i have a friend who actually got burned badly by them when someone took over her account.  that it happened was kind of acceptable; there are always security problems.  how they handled it, which was pretty much to do nothing and be as unhelpful as possible, was not.  it's understandable from a corporate perspective; they took the offensive and basically tried to get out of anything being their responsibility.  but not the best recommendation for a process.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.