Tue, Sep 24, 3:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 24 2:15 pm)

Subject: Victoria 4......refitting clothes

drkfetyshnyghts ( ) posted Mon, 16 April 2007 at 1:56 AM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 1:27 PM

Hi Guys/Girls

What the best way to re-fit clothing items after changing V4s basic vital statistics. You know the usual bigger breasts etc?  Is it just a case of playing with dials, or is there a way that will just magically snap the clothing to fit the new Victoria?

Come to think of it... Is it best to get V4s shape, and face right before anything is fitted? I dont suppose there are any hard and fast rules, but any guidence wold be adventageous to me.  If anyone had found one way of working better thn another or vice versa......

Stefi xxx

stormchaser ( ) posted Mon, 16 April 2007 at 4:13 AM

drkfetyshnyghts - This really depends on what you want. In the past I created characters with V3 that were so heavily morphed in the body that getting alot of clothing to fit was a challenge. Alot of clothing now has the major morphs already built in so just turning the dials which match the ones on your morphed figure would work fine. Products from vendors like Aery Soul has alot of built in morphs so they can be very adaptable. Certain conforming items can be a pain to fit to a heavily morphed figure. If you know how to use magnets then you can overcome alot of these problems. These days if I'm going to create a character I will generally put most of my time into the face. I will at this point have an idea of what outfit I wish to use, so I will then check out what body morphs are in the outfit & morph my figure accordingly, but still trying to achieve a defineable shape to which I would have pretty much been in my mind anyway. I guess the point to this would be unless you really desire a very defined figure & don't wish to get involved with magnets, morphtool etc then just use the main body morphs which you know can be dialed to match within the clothing item.
Hope this helps.

svdl ( ) posted Mon, 16 April 2007 at 8:50 AM

Attached Link: http://www.netherworks-studios.com/

If the clothing does not have the morphs, Netherworks' V4 ClothKit can be of use. (sold at his site,, see link). It's a set of magnets and Python scripts that will generate most V4 body morphs in clothing.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

RealDeal ( ) posted Tue, 17 April 2007 at 4:26 AM

Just thought I would mention the obvious; Dynamic Clothing will almost always drape to fit whatever figure you put it on.
And there is a lot of dynamic clothing in freestuff.

modus0 ( ) posted Wed, 18 April 2007 at 4:51 AM

Attached Link: V4 Morph Magnet Kit

There's also the V4 Morph Magnet Kit, which currently has fits for all of V4's body morphs (and a few partials), and while it might take a bit more work to add a morph to a clothing item than Netherworks' kit, it also costs half as much (not a dig against Netherworks, I'm sure his kit is very good).

If you're joking that's just cruel, but if you're being sarcastic, that's even worse.

Unicornst ( ) posted Wed, 18 April 2007 at 11:19 AM

Just wanted to mention that if a pose knocks out some of your re-fitting and you end up with poke through, the Magnitize helps with getting the clothing to "bend" with her. Makes conforming look a bit more "natural" as well.

drkfetyshnyghts ( ) posted Thu, 19 April 2007 at 12:47 AM

Hmmmmm guys, some invaluable info here which i must put into practice this coming weekend.
Many thanks :))
Stefi xxx

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.