Fri, Oct 4, 11:17 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: Any way to import Shade files?

AnAardvark ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2007 at 1:13 PM · edited Sun, 21 July 2024 at 6:05 PM

Is there any way to import Shade Files? Or do I need to purchase Shade and export them as .obj files. Also, if I were to purchase Shade, has anyone any experience using it to render Poser Scenes? All I really want is to be able to use some of the Shade content, musical instruments in particular. (CP has a really nice CD with pretty much an entire orchestra;s worth of instruments. To the best of my knowledge, no one makes a Poser Tuba (as opposed to Sousaphone).
thanks

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2007 at 1:20 PM

You'll need Shade.  Poser doesn't import these files - just the basics (3DS, OBJ, BVH, DXF, LWO).

I have Shade 7 Std and haven't used it much so can't answer to importing Poser scenes for render.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

wheatpenny ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2007 at 1:32 PM · edited Fri, 20 April 2007 at 1:32 PM
Site Admin

Or if you have Vue 5 infinite you can import the shade models and re-export them in another format.
I have shade 7 designer se (the onbe that came free with Poser 6) and for a while I had 8 pro (but I sold it). Both import Poser scenes pretty well. Mainly I hang on to shade 7 specificalluy for the purpose of exporting shade files.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2007 at 1:47 PM

I also have Vue 5 Infinite and didn't even know about Shade support - cool!  :D

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

Zarat ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2007 at 9:14 PM · edited Fri, 20 April 2007 at 9:14 PM

Shade works very well with Poser but for some reason Poser lacks support for Shade.

I got currently Shade 8 pro and Poser 7. For some quick rendering and not to complex scenes I use Poser. If it's about production time and quality I use Shade.
You must change some material settings for using Poser content in Shade to make full use of the higher quality that Shade allows. The advanced material room settings will not be translated to Shade's native format. The lights you have to create from scratch and it can be useful to place some "markers" for special lights in Poser before importing the scene. Similar as with Max or Maya...

Beside the better render quality and flexibility with render & light settings, the best reason to work in Shade is the renderfarm support and low memory load. (about 600M for a scene that requires 1GB+ to load in Poser) Disk space needed for the naked app is about 100M. Another ~250M for libraries with textures, models, blabla.

The main drawback is that without reading the manual it might be a little difficult to handle.

Have you had a look at the Shade 8 demo already?
Maybe it allows you to export the models that you need.

AFAIK the Demo Version limits renders to 800x600, has no support for farms and puts some ugly watermark on the pictures. But for exporting meshes it should do...

wheatpenny ( ) posted Fri, 20 April 2007 at 10:00 PM
Site Admin

The one problem with importing shade models into Vue tho is that for some reason the model loses all its materials and puts a mirror mat on everything. The material zones are still there tho so you can "fix" it, but it gets abit tedious manually resetting all the materials.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.