Tue, Oct 22, 2:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: 3DCC MESSAGE

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2001 at 7:10 AM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 1:01 AM

"I deeply regret to have had to make this decision, but unfortunately my mind is made up. I cannot stand by and watch the creations of my fellow artists be used to make a profit for others without even the common courtesy to give credit to those creators. "I personally feel that others should follow suit, but I cannot make the decision to remove those files, only they can. This site is here as a community resource and that resource has been abused. Until such time as we can force people to consent to the terms of a liscense agreement that strictly prohibits the theft of another's work and other such things to protect our artists, not only do I not wish to place myself in the same position as others have unfortunately been placed in, but I feel it is my duty to do my best to protect the best interests of the other contributors to this site. If any contributors wish to do the same, you can email us at staff@3d-cc.com and request that your files be removed pending the relaunch of the site. Thank you. "I add that this is not necessarily the outlook of the rest of the 3D-CC staff, only my personal feeling on this issue." - Ron "DraX" DeFreitas responce That's because some people are pissing off others by not giving them credit for the work they did to the poser figure. I think some people deserve credit for what they do but lets remember who really owns the figures even if you did morph it up or texture it or add props to it. Some people act like once they do this they suddenly own all exclusive rights to the figure. Sure thanks nice figure I wont post or lay claim to it or sell it, These are the basic rules within respect of what someone does to a poser figure..... But DAMN guys, Marvel Comics, DC Comic, Image Comics,Darkhorse comics ect owns their characters too, Let not let some people over stipulate what they think they own ok?

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2001 at 7:34 AM

I agree with Drax's statement but I also agree that some people are overstipulating what they think they own. Curious labs owns the poser figures, even if you add morphs they still own the poser figures. The comicbook,movie,tv,books ect own thier characters, How many people do you think really wrote for permission to reproduce these figures in poser format? I think curious labs sets a great examle of behavior, the silently pursue those that conflict with thier interests. rather then pulling downloads and screeming thief! thief! I a;lso do not see curious labs screemiong thief either. Some people need to calm the @# down and act mature.

HARBINGER-3D ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2001 at 11:53 AM

You have to consider the reality of placing something out to download - it's gonna get used and your copyright is going to be infringed. At best, you can hope that honor and ethics will hold out and you'll get credit ... but... maybe you can just be proud that people use your creation. But, I have to admit that it's gotta be tough watching someone make money off YOUR hard work.

Moonbiter ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2001 at 1:04 PM

Well this will probably end up in C&D anyway, but I see this both ways. I respect and appreciate the hard work of the people who put the effort in to creating freestuff. When we use there stuff we should give them credit and not make money off of it when that is the conditions of use. But the creators of freestuff need to realize that not everyone is as honest or as ethical and eventually you will get burned. How they react to the abuse is the real question. Do you a) punish the person who violated your readme or usage terms? Or do you b) punish everyone by pulling all of your stuff down to "protect" yourself? I have a lot of respect for Drax. He makes some awesome Poser figures, but I have to ask do you really think that a scum bag who won't honor a readme file, will honor a license agreement? Whatever happens I don't think the freestuff problem is going away anytime soon.:(

JeffH ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2001 at 1:59 PM

Where is this message posted and what's it all about?

ookami ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2001 at 3:11 PM

How can anyone be selling a model of a superhero? I haven't seen it in any of the stores.... any if they are selling a copyrighted Marvel/DC/etc. character... hey... let them... the Comic Lords will find out and give them a nice spanking!

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2001 at 5:14 PM

Just think pulling everything punishes everyone, Would be better to deal with the person stealing the credit rather then punish everyone for one or a few peoples bad behavior. The point is Drax is a really good poser comic artist, But He pulled his stuff off 3dcc because someone is trying to steal the credit and lay claim to what Drax did. However my point is this, Drax should remember that comic characters also belong to marvel.dc ect and not punish everyone what one person or a few did. By getting mad and pulling all downloads, I think thats a bit of an overreaction on his part in dealing with that person, Not only is he letting that person beat him, But he is also letting that person ruin it for everyone else. I say its time to have a registry here at renderosity, youy make something you register it here, So if some asshole wants to later lay claim to your work, He can't because you registered it and everyone whjo reads the registry will be able to know who really made what.

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2001 at 5:20 PM

Bingo Harbinger, YOU HIT IT RIGHT ON THE NAIL! But to tell you the truth copyright material like marvel comics and stuff are not worth getting pissed off over since the material is not orginal and is already owned by someone by copyright. I agree let marvel kick thier ass.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.