Tue, Sep 24, 3:34 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photoshop

Welcome to the Photoshop Forum

Forum Moderators: Wolfenshire, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photoshop F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:49 pm)

Our mission is to provide an open community and unique environment where anyone interested in learning more about Adobe Photoshop can share their experience and knowledge, post their work for review and critique by their peers, and learn new techniques while developing the skills that allow each individual to realize their own unique artistic vision. We do not limit this forum to any style of work, and we strongly encourage people of all levels and interests to participate.

Are you up to the challenge??
Sharpen your Photoshop skill with this monthly challenge...

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: not sure if this is right place...

drkfetyshnyghts ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 2:31 AM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 3:28 PM

I'm using CS3 on a Mac.  But i use Aperture for handling all my pics... generally because it does what it say on the can.  My question.. something that escapes me, is that I load all of my pics into Aperture which is fine. How can I then get Adobe Bridge CS3 to see those pics?

This is probablly something verrrrrry simple but i just am at a loss to crack it right now?

Anyone help?  I dont want to be duplicating pics etc....

Stef xxx

thundering1 ( ) posted Tue, 24 April 2007 at 8:59 PM

Unfortunately, there is no export to Photoshop from Aperture. You basically have to save your settings and reopen the image in Photoshop - not necessarily save ANOTHER one, but your settings.

The bad news for Aperture is Adobe Lightroom, which they made to have a direct export to Photoshop when you're done tweaking your RAW files.

Good luck-
-Lew ;-)

drkfetyshnyghts ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2007 at 1:03 AM

Ahhh.. since posting here I have been delving into the intricasies of Apeture....

There is actually an "Open With External Editor" option under the Images drop down menu. Photoshop, or any external editor can be set as the default.  You can then work on this file and a copy is saved as a psd. The original RAW file is left untouched. The psd file is saved with the origial in the Apeture album.  Pretty seamless, pretty cool.

Yes Lightroom is here.. at last. But its version 1.00  Did I not read that Lightroom is built on someone else's technology,  hence some speed issues?  Anyway, I watch eith interest as the two programmes emerge....

Stefi xxx

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.