Mon, Sep 9, 4:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: V4 updated to 4.1

jartz ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2007 at 12:23 AM · edited Sun, 08 September 2024 at 8:52 AM

I just checked in Daz3d and other 3d communities for some items I like to get with V4, then upon going to Daz, it seems that they have updated V4 to V4.1...

Just thought I throw that one out to anyone interested in it. 

New with V 4.1 Base is the new Vismenes compatible for Mimic (3.0.3) and all other good stuff in their site.  The Morphs ++ and the Complete Versions seem to have improvements which is all in their site.

Maybe they would send update infos for those who purchased her through version 4.0
Just wanted to give out the heads up.

Cheerio,

JB

P.S:  It has been updated and all info is mentioned in their forums. 

http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=57491

Finally, they have V4 Muscle Morphs, and its Maps (seprarately) which are on sale.  The Complete Morphs and Maps on sale until April 25.

Check it out.

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

stormchaser ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2007 at 3:49 AM

jlovesart2 - Thanks for the heads up. Finally the muscle morphs, I've waited so long for these!

jartz ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2007 at 4:47 AM

Exactly. 

I got both V4 Base and Morphs ++ updated from 4.1.

So many stuff they have (I would like to say) improved.  Her face morphs have some details - I just can't put two and two together with Define morphs (e.g.: Cheeks Define or Brow Define or Lip Define).  Something new they done put together.  As it stands, the body morphs hasn't changed.  This is in terms to Morphs ++ I bought.

Finally, they have an Eyebrow Feature --  No more working with the Material nodes to make brow transparencies.  That's what I like.

So, I thought I let all Viky-ites know about this.

On a side note, it won't override with 4.0 -- also a just in case.

Well, I'm off to bed -- early in the morning that is.

JB

____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Asus N50-600 - Intel Core i5-8400 CPU @ 2.80GHz · Windows 10 Home/11 upgrade 64-bit · 16GB DDR4 RAM · 1TB SSD and 1TB HDD; Graphics: NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1060 - 6GB GDDR5 VRAM; Software: Poser Pro 11x

shedofjoy ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2007 at 5:08 AM

Thanks for the heads up... ohhh i hope the eyebrow is similar to the V3 geometery (seperate area)
im off to reset my downloads (smiles)

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

Aishai ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2007 at 5:35 AM

Thank you, I am off to download it too  ^.^

AprilYSH ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2007 at 5:58 AM

heyas :)  there are LOTS of questions popping up about this update installer.
check the thread link below in case your problem is shared by others and hopefully they have been answered... haha ;)
ask questions here:  http://forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=57491

[ Store | Freebies | Profile ]

a sweet disorder in the dress kindles in clothes a wantoness,
do more bewitch me than when art is too precise in every part

shedofjoy ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2007 at 7:15 AM

ok ive downloaded the new V4.1 and at first i thought the eyebrow was useless....
First you have to make it visible in your renders...lol....otherwise you cant see it...
and all the morphs are controlled by the head, the only problem i have found is that after this update (i bought the V4 Pro bundle) they did not update the textures, so i have no eyebrow textures, which means it will have to remain invisible until some start appearing....lol
i would have though daz would have thought of that....lol

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

Giolon ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2007 at 4:33 PM

This whole thing with V4.1 is a goddamn fiasco.  DAZ apparently forgot who the people giving them money are: the end users who purchase their content.  DAZ's going on and on about how the new V4.1 makes it easier for Content Creators to do this and that and how they don't have to worry about conflicts with other morphs and blah blah blah.  However, the end result is that they've created a figure that's a royal pain in the ass to actually use.  You can't even install her or any of her morphs (or future morphs even!) to an external runtime.  It's enough to make me move to the awesome G2 figures.

Jesus Christ, I wish I knew who was making the decisions over there so I could slap them...

¤~Giolon~¤

¤~ RadiantCG ~¤~ My Renderosity Gallery ~¤

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2007 at 7:18 PM

I am beginning to think that it's All About DS.
Make it as difficult as possible for Poser Users and maybe they will try out DS.

Sorry, Not Happening DAz.
If this is they road they are headed down, my $$$s are all going elswhere.

Maybe they should have thought about something more along the lines of Anton's "Apollo ADS System"????????????????
Sure is simple to use.

Quote - This whole thing with V4.1 is a goddamn fiasco.  DAZ apparently forgot who the people giving them money are: the end users who purchase their content.  DAZ's going on and on about how the new V4.1 makes it easier for Content Creators to do this and that and how they don't have to worry about conflicts with other morphs and blah blah blah.  However, the end result is that they've created a figure that's a royal pain in the ass to actually use.  You can't even install her or any of her morphs (or future morphs even!) to an external runtime.  It's enough to make me move to the awesome G2 figures.

Jesus Christ, I wish I knew who was making the decisions over there so I could slap them...

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
Thomas Jefferson

Farside ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2007 at 7:39 PM

I just spent a couple hours combining runtimes together for this only to find out in their forums that its only the !Daz library folder and not the V4 character herself that needs to be in the Poser main runtime... would have been nice if they included that info in the V4.1 download.  What a waste of my time and now Poser loads half as fast :(

coldrake ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2007 at 8:44 PM

Giolon wrote: "You can't even install her or any of her morphs (or future morphs even!) to an external runtime." That's WRONG. You CAN install her or any of her morphs or future morphs to an external runtime. As Farside said, it's only the !Daz library folder that needs to be in the Poser main runtime, JUST LIKE V3. Giolon wrote: "Jesus Christ, I wish I knew who was making the decisions over there so I could slap them..." Jesus Christ, I wish you would get your facts straight before you go on a uninformed rant. Coldrake

byAnton ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2007 at 9:06 PM · edited Wed, 25 April 2007 at 9:07 PM

:b_funny: ROTFLMAO ...Where have I seen that before? hmmm... giggles 
I'll have to pick this update up tomorrow. Thanks.

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

Giolon ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2007 at 9:08 PM · edited Wed, 25 April 2007 at 9:09 PM

Quote - Giolon wrote: "You can't even install her or any of her morphs (or future morphs even!) to an external runtime." That's WRONG. You CAN install her or any of her morphs or future morphs to an external runtime. As Farside said, it's only the !Daz library folder that needs to be in the Poser main runtime, JUST LIKE V3. Giolon wrote: "Jesus Christ, I wish I knew who was making the decisions over there so I could slap them..." Jesus Christ, I wish you would get your facts straight before you go on a uninformed rant. Coldrake

V3 doesn't require her !DAZ files to be in the main runtime in either Poser 6 or Poser 7.  There was an issue with P5 but it was resolved in later versions.  And yes, information has since been released in the DAZ forums that only the !DAZ files need to be in the main runtime (but it's not what they said initially).  

However, when installing additional V4 content, its !DAZ files must be put in the same place as V4's: in the default runtime.  This either requires manual movement of the files (blegh) or installing the whole shebang into the default runtime as well (bloats it, slows down Poser start up as mentioned by Farside also).   Not to mention you ahve to run an additional batch file to make the thing work for every piece of morph content for it that you install.  The main point is why are they making things harder to use instead of easier?

Edit: Yep, anton, they finally gave her a separate brow material.  That's the one nearly redeeming feature of this .1 release...

¤~Giolon~¤

ClawShrimp ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2007 at 9:34 PM

I didn't think Daz’s ‘borrowing’ of Anton’s Apollo concepts could get any more gratuitous. How naïve of me.

I just wish there was an alternative to V4 that wasn’t horribly limited (G2 females, I’m looking at you…bleh!).

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards...checkmate!

byAnton ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2007 at 9:39 PM · edited Wed, 25 April 2007 at 9:40 PM

lol. His works with all his morphs at least.

"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

NW316 ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2007 at 9:52 PM · edited Wed, 25 April 2007 at 9:54 PM

I've spent over $750 on V4 so far and to this point I haven't created one character for her yet that I'd use in one of my projects... I always revert back to V3.  

The new Vicky is just a plain Jane character that's really lacking to this point and really should have been the replacement for S3P instead of Vicky (she's a smaller, younger character with limited morphs just like S3P).  Adding the new muscle morphs helps (although I'm pissed that Daz3D wants us to pay for these morphs that SHOULD have come in the morphs++ package) but she's still missing around 50-75 face morphs that would make her really usable.

I really hate to say it but I also hope Daz3D steals Apollo's scale abilities too so V4 can get the correct body type she should have come with instead of Steffy's.

byAnton ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2007 at 9:53 PM

Quote - I really hate to say it but I also hope Daz steals Apollo's scale abilities too so V4 can get the correct body type she should have come with instead of Steffy's.

Shame on you.

NW316 ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2007 at 9:56 PM

yup, sadly your skills is all that could save V4... you wouldn't consider going back to working for them again would you???  :)

SoCalRoberta ( ) posted Wed, 25 April 2007 at 11:36 PM

I downloaded it and bought the muscle morphs. I'm not happy with having to install it in my Poser Runtime instead of the external one I wanted it to go to.
 I'm seriously considering deleting them and asking for my money back on the muscle morphs.
 And I have never asked for a refund on a Poser product in my life.

drifterlee ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 12:38 AM

I just downloaded my V4 update and gag, she comes with nasty-looking painted hair and undies painted on her!!!!! This is censorship gone mad!!!! I deleted her and used my original V4 who is working fine. I also use V3. Dave Hoadley's remapped PosetteV3 also looks darn good. Anton, we all love Apollo! Wish you would make a girl.

otaku ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 12:47 AM

any mac user gotten her to launch? I have updated to v4.1 and so far i have not been aable to get her to launch. I get the following error.. please locate "V4BODYGrps.pz2" when i cant find that on my hd or in the runtime folder created by the installers I select continue without loking further. and then i get a series of error messages like could not find...V4BodyGrps.pz2, V4BodyChnnls.pz2, V4HipGrps.pz2, V4hipchannls.pz2... this goes on and on in these mysterious pairs until I force quit poser. When I look in the !DAZ/Victoria 4/folders I see all sorts of odd names like 00-ps_pe069_DAZ_Chnnls.pz2, 00-ps_pe069_DAZ_Chnnls.pz2 and 03-ps_pe069_DAZ_Chnnls.pz2, 03-ps_pe069_DAZ_ERC.pz2, 03-ps_pe069_DAZ_Grps.pz2. I'm using poser 6 sr 2 and yes everything that came with the update was installed in the internal runtime. I think Daz has sent out defective files again.

otaku ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 1:46 AM

sorry ment to say using poser 6 sr3 also i did a little research and there's at least 1 other mac user on the daz forum claiming to have the same problem. And after looking at the product list for V4.1 base and morphs there are no files named V4BodyGrps.pz2, V4BodyChnnls.pz2, V4HipGrps.pz2, V4hipchannls.pz2 that are to be istlled with these updates. I also run into the problem using the V4.1 to V3 character.

Fyrene ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 2:29 AM

Otaku, after you install all the files there is an icon that loads to the desktop that says "Update Victoria 4.1" and "Update V4.1 to V3". Those are the additional updaters.  The batch files for the updaters will be located in your "Runtime/libraries/!DAZ/Victoria 4  folder (if there are no icons loaded on your desktop).

DCArt ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 3:21 AM

On the eyebrow thing, I think Seraphira was using something along that line as well, with the "Multiple Layering System" she was putting into her Project Kaimira model ... which was fantastic. I think she had posts on it in the Developer's forum around 2004-2005, and it had quite a few additional layers over the skin for tattoos, details, etc.

She lost the whole deal in a hard drive crash due to a virus. Pity, too, because it looked really promising.

byAnton ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 3:44 AM · edited Thu, 26 April 2007 at 3:57 AM

Oh sure. :) I am sure that is why they waited till 2007. LOL Denise.  ANy ideas from 1957 they are also waiting for me to do before they finally do it? lol

Out of curiosity, I would love a link to that. :) People are so vague on comparisons and dates. Did Seraphira do posable teeth palettes and a face of the scalp map too? Any half decade old posts those are based on?

mylemonblue ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 4:08 AM · edited Thu, 26 April 2007 at 4:14 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?message_id=2665567&ebot_calc_page#message_2665567

> Quote - On the eyebrow thing, I think Seraphira was using something along that line as well, with the "Multiple Layering System" she was putting into her Project Kaimira model ... which was fantastic. I think she had posts on it in the Developer's forum around 2004-2005, and it had quite a few additional layers over the skin for tattoos, details, etc. > > She lost the whole deal in a hard drive crash due to a virus. Pity, too, because it looked really promising.

You are not going to believe this. I think this is the first time the search engine here has ever worked for me. :blink:

Is this the one?
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?message_id=2665567&ebot_calc_page#message_2665567

One from July 2005. (Wow)
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?message_id=2312946&ebot_calc_page#message_2312946

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

byAnton ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 4:28 AM · edited Thu, 26 April 2007 at 4:28 AM

:) Yeah that was later. I modelled Apollo October-Dec 2003. First post was January 2004. Was on Morphs by Valentine's day. Projects were unrelated.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?thread_id=1687433

Did she ever finish it? It looked very nice.

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 4:33 AM

file_375913.jpg

Lol - Anton, do we really need more than one guess????????????? Looks like and exact Spin off to me.

Quote - :b_funny: ROTFLMAO ...Where have I seen that before? hmmm... giggles 
I'll have to pick this update up tomorrow. Thanks.

"That government is best which governs the least, because its people discipline themselves."
Thomas Jefferson

byAnton ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 4:38 AM

Didn't you know? Techically I have never come up with anything according to some.  They have just been waiting 10 years to putit all together. hehe

Gongyla ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 4:42 AM

No, unfortunately not. Apart from the crash there were health problems and she disappeared from view. I still have the complete threads with all of her images and progression somewhere. But where?

The first Kaimira was much more finished (before that crash). I'll look it up.

byAnton ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 4:46 AM

It is never a good sign when someone just disappears. I hope nothing dreadful happened.

mylemonblue ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 4:55 AM · edited Thu, 26 April 2007 at 4:57 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?message_id=2871380&ebot_calc_page#message_2871380

Not having found the character I'm looking for in the new V4 I'm still on the look out for a anatomically complete female base character. Anytime someone creates one that looks good I get interested. Here is the latest link I could find on Kaimira. In this one it looks like there's another build of the Kaimira character and **Seraphira** seems to have changed his/her name to **Raventina. ** Posted Fri, Dec 29, 2006 thru Wed, Jan 17, 2007

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?message_id=2871380&ebot_calc_page#message_2871380

byAnton ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 5:00 AM · edited Thu, 26 April 2007 at 5:01 AM

Oh good. The worst popped into my head there for a second. Glad she is okay and still around.

Btw: I love your signature.

Dead_Reckoning ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 5:27 AM

Quote - Didn't you know? Techically I have never come up with anything according to some.  They have just been waiting 10 years to putit all together. hehe

What is there, some imaginary statue of limitation?

No, I didn't know.
I bought v4 pro pack and burned the files to a DVD.
I may have actually made 1 render with it.

As far as Apollo, I bought him when you first offered him and use him alot.

So what are we going to see next? M4 with Apollo's ADS?

You can Hold your Head Up High.
There are many of us that have used "Your" works for years.

I.M.H.O., if you, Dan, Beth, Lee and some of the others could Think Tank for awhile, I suspect that you could have a "Female" version of Apollo.  What a combination that would make.

Thomas Jefferson

mylemonblue ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 5:50 AM

Hehehe. Thanky on the sigy compliment. A result of my insane side colliding with my silly side but not as cool as yours.
:biggrin:

byAnton ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 6:58 AM · edited Thu, 26 April 2007 at 7:11 AM

Quote - I.M.H.O., if you, Dan, Beth, Lee and some of the others could Think Tank for awhile, I suspect that you could have a "Female" version of Apollo.  What a combination that would make.

I here ya. I do want to do one at some point. But only for fun in my spare time. I'm just a hobbyist again remember? Sooner or later I have to go back to the real world again.

lol. And after what has happened with Apollo, there is no way in hell I am ever doing one before every last  Mil4 variant  has been released, from A to V. And that could be a long time.

Giolon ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 12:04 PM

Quote - I just downloaded my V4 update and gag, she comes with nasty-looking painted hair and undies painted on her!!!!! This is censorship gone mad!!!!

Just want to come in chime in here on this point.  It's actually an additional skin texture.  The original completely naked one is there, just go to Poses->DAZ Sample Materials or something like that. 

¤~Giolon~¤

drifterlee ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 6:06 PM

Okay. The Daz installer will not let you install V4 to an external runtime. I keep all V4 in an external runtime. So, outsmart the installer. I copied just my Poser 6 .exe into the external runtime, installed V.4.1 no problem. Also, I agree about Daz Studio. They are doing everything to push their own software. They are going to end up out of business, IMHO.

Giolon ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 6:13 PM

Drifterlee, if you tell it you're installing for DAZ|Studio, it will let you install to any location you want.  DAZ confirmed that there's no real difference between the product choices in the installer, except in this case it tries to enforce the install location if you choose "Poser X."

¤~Giolon~¤

BastBlack ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 6:15 PM

Quote - any mac user gotten her to launch? I have updated to v4.1 and so far i have not been aable to get her to launch. I get the following error.. please locate "V4BODYGrps.pz2" when i cant find that on my hd or in the runtime folder created by the installers I select continue without loking further. and then i get a series of error messages like could not find...V4BodyGrps.pz2, V4BodyChnnls.pz2, V4HipGrps.pz2, V4hipchannls.pz2... this goes on and on in these mysterious pairs until I force quit poser. When I look in the !DAZ/Victoria 4/folders I see all sorts of odd names like 00-ps_pe069_DAZ_Chnnls.pz2, 00-ps_pe069_DAZ_Chnnls.pz2 and 03-ps_pe069_DAZ_Chnnls.pz2, 03-ps_pe069_DAZ_ERC.pz2, 03-ps_pe069_DAZ_Grps.pz2. I'm using poser 6 sr 2 and yes everything that came with the update was installed in the internal runtime. I think Daz has sent out defective files again.

V4.1 doesn't install on my Mac either.
I have been told to rename my "Poser 6" folder in the apps sections to just "Poser."
We'll see if that helps.

I'm happy that Daz listened to what people said, especially about the brows. I can't say I like the "mask" look for brows on any of the figures or the add-ons props for figures with that shape. It gets in the way. I like working with a brow shape when morphing, I can see what I'm doing.  But I guess the "mask" thing is the trend these days. :P

I like the idea of D|S users getting their own version of PMD, and it works with Poser too.
The trouble is, the new ExP is confusing, and it's not working on my Mac thus far.

bB

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 7:37 PM

Just for the sake of completeness ... Mask-da had a similar idea around the same time, and implemented posable teeth in his anime character, F202, back in 2004.  Admittedly, they were props instead of true body parts (so were the eyes and lashes), but they were rigged with ERC code to move in concert with the mouth morphs.

byAnton ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 8:09 PM · edited Thu, 26 April 2007 at 8:15 PM

The Lashes and such were probably props to avoid morph crumpling or to make UV mapping easier. Some programs have issues with Vertex orders when saving seperate geometries for morphs and such. 

I was trying to read some of old threads but the links are fubar'd unfortunately. Separate teeth groups are really the way to go. Since morphs don;t deform along a curve it avoids mush mouth. Did that fgure have a posable tongue too?

I think in the end it is about the total some of simultaneous similarity. A couple similarities is one thing, but she has more in common with Apollo than she does V3. Thou would think a company with so much experience and so many employees could do better, earlier.

As I have said, there are so many ways to do figures. Apollo is just one way, but by no means the only way. It is flattering on a very low level. One would just hope for creativity and originality. And done well.

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 8:24 PM

The last I spoke with her, Jolene (Seraphira) had some health problems, family illnesses, and some special issues as a single parent.

Anton, maybe you should consider doing what E-Frontier did with the G2 figures and supply a licence for every copy released.

Why does it take V4.1 15 minutes to even load?

byAnton ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 8:46 PM · edited Thu, 26 April 2007 at 8:50 PM

The load time is because of the magnets. Each magnet in Poser is treated like three extra bodyparts (mag, base, and zone). Without morphs, magnets are 55% of the V4 cr2. Magnets are very memory intensive.

Linear parts are faster than branched parts. Basically the hip, chest and hand are the slowest parts because they have children brancing off them. Arms and legs respond faster because they are a straight chain.. 1,2,3.

And expamly of this is.
Say you have a snake with 100 linear segments.
And then say you also have a spider with 99 legs off one body.

The snake would be fast. The spider would grind poser to a halt. Magnets and all their parts are like those spider legs creating more branches.

All those overlapping zones and their effects with each other and the mesh uses a lot of memory. It it sort of like erc; taing a decent idea but way overdoing it until it is a nightmare. 

There is a time and place for magnets. And a time and place for erc, but both are are among the highest users of memory in Poser. They should be used in small doses.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 9:03 PM

Quote - Separate teeth groups are really the way to go.

I agree.  I've rigged Krystal (from Starfox Adventures) in this manner, and now that I don't have to worry about the #&*@ interior mouth parts, it's making the creation of morphs for facial expressions, phonemes, and the like far less difficult.

Quote - Did that fgure have a posable tongue too?

No.  She has no tongue at all, posable or otherwise.  You can get her here, if you'd like to take a look:

http://mdp.s18.xrea.com/

Download link is at the bottom of the page.  As toon characters go, she isn't that bad.  EvilInnocence has started producing some clothes for her.

byAnton ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 9:10 PM · edited Thu, 26 April 2007 at 9:10 PM

I can't get the page to load for some reason. Thanks, I'll try to check it later. I really just want to see a pic of what the character looks like. Toons are always fun to look at.

drifterlee ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 9:16 PM

V4 new did not take more than a few seconds to load, from an external runtime. However, I also installed her in my main P6 P7 runtimes because Poser looks there first. I don't like her, I am sticking with the orignal V4 and V3. I am so sick of things not working especially when we pay good money for them. I have had to fix so many "tested" products that I should be hired as a tester, LOL!

byAnton ( ) posted Thu, 26 April 2007 at 9:18 PM

hehe. That was funny. Like a personal assistant. :)

otaku ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 12:56 AM

finally got the update to work. After exploring the forums at daz it was revealed that if your poser folder was name anything other than "poser" (ex: poser 6) the secondary desktop update apps don't work. After changing the folder name it now works. Seems like a lot of hassle to update a figure that is only a few months old. Also seems the v4 characters I've bought over the last few months may not work with the update. So I either have to get updates to all those or still keep v4 in my runtime as well. Poser is becoming a hassle to use, to program is a hd hog, way to slow.It's also getting too expensive to by clothes and characters for all updates. I've been using a trial version of modo and once it gets the ability to bone and animate characters I'm done with poser.

Giolon ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 1:07 AM

You're very right about the magnets bloating everything, but DAZ seems not so concerned w/ Poser users anymore.  It's all about D|S, and can you really blame them?  They want you to use their software now.  All the complaints of V4(.1) Morph++ containing all of her morphs by default w/o the option the easily INJ/REM the ones that are actually wanted are answered by DAZ staff with "Well, in DAZ|Studio, morphs aren't actually loaded into memory until you dial them." :-|  It's like gee that's great but that doesn't help us Poser users now does it?

Now, I'd just like to say one nice thing about V4.1 aside from all the BS w/ runtime install location requirements, the copying of the brow mask from Apollo (which honestly it needed and is more versatilethan 2 little brow segments that V3 had), and stupid post-install scripts to update the figure... V4.1 has some new head morphs that take care of things that were missing in V4 from V3.  Whether that's worth th hassle for all of you to update, well I can't decide for you.

¤~Giolon~¤

tastiger ( ) posted Fri, 27 April 2007 at 1:21 AM

Ah with the !Daz files having to be in the main Poser runtime does anyone know how this will affect developers who make versions of a character for P7, P6, P5 etc.

Is it legal to install the !Daz folder in multiple runtimes? - I asked at Daz but haven't got an answer.

Simply for testing purposes you would need V4 to work in all versions so I take it you would need the !Daz folder in each runtime?

The supreme irony of life is that hardly anyone gets out of it alive.
Robert A. Heinlein

11th Gen Intel(R) Core(TM) i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz   3.50 GHz
64.0 GB (63.9 GB usable)
Geforce RTX 3060 12 GB
Windows 11 Pro

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.