Tue, Oct 22, 3:21 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: Comic characters...

Sabaac ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2001 at 3:39 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 3:20 AM

Hey, I cleared up some hard drive space, so I came here to finally download the awesome comic character files I've seen over the past few months (Wolverine, Hulk, Movie Spider-man, Green Arrow, Colossus and several others) and they're nowhere to be found! What happened to them? Anyone?

Mason ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2001 at 3:40 PM

Try the 3d Comic Collective. The link is on ther side bar.

DraX ( ) posted Tue, 15 May 2001 at 3:44 PM

Sabaac, wish I could tell you where the files went... There used to be links to those files in the freestuff here (yes, they're still at the 3D-CC), but for some reason, all files that were posted to freestuff by the 3D-CC admins has been removed... Noone from Renderosity has told me why and my emails were ignored :(

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2001 at 7:05 AM

Thats because some people are pissing off others by not giving them crdit for the work they did to the poser figure. I think some people deserve credit for what they do but lets remember who really owns the figures even if y9u did morph it up or texture it or add props to it. Some people act like once they do this they suddenly own all exclusive rights to the figure. Sure thanks nice figure I wont post or lay claim to it or sell it, These are the basic rules within repect of what someone does to a poser figure..... But DAMN guys, Marvel Comics,Dc Comic,Image Comics,Darkhorse comics ect owns their characters too, Let not let some people over stipulate what they think they own ok?

Sabaac ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2001 at 7:37 AM

Huh? Does this answer make sense to anyone else? I did start downloading some of the figures from the 3D Comic Collective, at Mason's suggestion. There's tons more there, too! All of the ones I downloaded had a readme file with very extensive credits given to the creators of each individual piece used to create the final character. From DraX's reply above, it seems like the 3D-CC has just pissed off Renderosity's admins, with the end result being the removal of a bunch of awesome, FREE files from the Freestuff section. I for one am glad they are still available elsewhere...

Mesh_Magick ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2001 at 7:42 AM

me too, But thats why they are gone from freestuff here...

DraX ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2001 at 10:57 AM

Mesh_Magick, due to unrelated events, my files are no longer available anywhere temporarily. I don't understand what you are stating as the reason that the files are gone from freestuff. Renderosity admins have not answered any of my questions dealing with WHY our files were removed, but the files that were put up in the 'Rosity freestuff by myself, Doug Sturk, and MaximumImpact, the admins of the 3D-CC, have all been removed from freestuff without our own action and without any contact whatsoever from Renderosity. I believe that is the question that Sabaac is adressing. For my files, it is currently a moot point as I have removed all of my files from distribution anywhere already, but that doesn't change what Renderosity has blatantly done with no explanaytion whatsoever. I have sent an email to the admins, and even to the personal email addresses of one or two of the admins, and each time I got either no answer, or a blocked sender message. Seems that as soon as you bring up copyright concerns to them about store items they declare war on you. VERY unprofessional actions on their parts. They have been acting like children, in my opinion.

amp-three ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2001 at 1:15 PM

is sincerely sympathetic To quote a movie, "Get used to disappointment." Yeah they do tend to have a holier-than-thou attitude on such matters. I'm not debating over the why's in this issue, just that simply put, their methods in dealing with them downright suck. a3-ro.jpg

amp-three ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2001 at 1:18 PM

PS- The work that you do kicks ass. :-)

DraX ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2001 at 1:44 PM

Thanks, Amp :)

DraX ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2001 at 1:50 PM

Actually, it's starting to seem to me as though they are concerned only with the money they can make from the community and not the community itself. Yet, they show blatant disrespect for one of the largest sites out there that serves only the community by disrespecting the people who run it and singling them out. Who pays our server costs? We do. Do we make any money from the site? No. Do we hold monthly contests with insane giveaways for the community? Yes. Once again, do we turn a profit from the 3D-CC? No. We don't. We don't care to. We want this community to thrive, not our wallets to (sure, it'd be nice, but that's not why we started doing this stuff in the first place). I think Renderosity should be more concerned about the community itself, and what they can do to help it, instead of acting like children and getting agitated everytime someone tells them that they're wrong in their actions or that they disagree. Start concerning yourself more with what you can do for the community then what the community can do for you. That's what the 3D-CC and others do, why can't they?

amp-three ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2001 at 1:54 PM

Because mom and dad get their jollies out of setting our curfew? ;-) a3-ro.jpg

DraX ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2001 at 2:03 PM

LOL!

Sabaac ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2001 at 3:55 PM

Bwahahahaha!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.