Mon, Sep 23, 3:15 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 2:16 pm)

Subject: Loosing geometries in P 6 --V4

santolina-sailor ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2007 at 8:49 AM · edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 1:33 PM

Hello to you all.
I have worked with Poser 5 for quite a while and recently I thought iI would try out Poser 6 which came along as part of A package I bought from E-On (Vue 6).

I have only installed the V4 figureand after creating a pose with the V4 I save it into a file dedicated for poser 6.

Problem is that when i try to open the file againin P6 I get this;

(1) Poser opens but will not display the scene.and just asks me if i want to save the previous )scene(no image at all)Ive tried just about all but it seems that the file is corupted and wont load.
(2) Poser wll open the v4 figure but the head geometries have been lost ,so no morphs.
Poser will load the v4 but tells me it cant load textures--either short of memory or cant find.
Ive spent some time today looking in the forum to see if others are experiencing the same Issues but cant find any.so I suppose its must be some thing Im doing wrong???
Stange though it works fine 40% of the timeso i wondered if im missing :

(1) latest patch.
(2) Files are not correctly loaded?

Ive put the text files into Poser 6 textures!

So if any one could help me on this issue i would be most gratefull.

Pete

Valerian70 ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2007 at 8:57 AM

As far as I can recall there have been 3 Service Releases for Poser 6 so I would check by eFrontier and download and install those to be on the safe side.

You need to uncheck use Binary Morphs (this in the general preferences ???  I think that's what it is called) menu.  Saving a pz3 with binary morphs checked tends to cause the pz3 to be corrupt.

When you say you have put the text files into Poser 6 Textures what do you mean by this?  I'm just a little confused as to which files you've put where.

Have you tried reinstalling V4 to your Poser 6 Runtime and then not relocating any of those files and see if that clears your problems up with the missing head morphs and texture files?

santolina-sailor ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2007 at 9:13 AM

Hi.
Thank you for looking at my Issues.

With reference to textures i was referring to third party clothing textures and 3rd party skin textures(using a third party skin textures some times wont load onto V4)

Ive unchecked the Binary Morphs 
I will try reinstalling V4 back into Daz studio and see.
I will install the patches.do I need all three or will the latest take care of it??

Thanks for your help and if i may will come back to report.

Have a good one 

pete

Valerian70 ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2007 at 9:21 AM

Is it just in Poser you are having problems with V4 and the textures or do you have the same problems in Daz Studio as well?

I think you should be okay with just SR3 for Poser 6 to be honest, that is all I downloaded and installed when I upgraded last summer to Poser 6 and I haven't had any problems to speak of with it.

santolina-sailor ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2007 at 9:36 AM

Hi.
No only Poser 6.
I still have installed poser 5 and all works well there.I dont have Daz Studio installed
If it helps I have 1 Gigabyte of RAM
plenty of free space on main drive
recently I did a disc clean and a defrag.

Pete

Valerian70 ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2007 at 10:17 AM

It's just with you saying you'd try reinstalling V4 back into Daz Studio it confused me.

I would reinstall her into P6 just in case something got corrupted somewhere along the line but I would do it after you have done the last service release for P6.

Hang on a sec.  Your V4 works correctly in P5 but has issues in P6?
If this is the case I suspect the problem is with your P6 Runtime - potentially even your P6 installation.  
Now you have unchecked binary morphs the scene issue should be rectified for you nicely.
Once you have got you P6 updated I would link the P5 Runtime to your P6 as an external Runtime and try V4 from there and see if you have the same problems or if they are miraculously ironed out.

Dizzi ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2007 at 10:31 AM

The problem is the "External Binary Morphs" introduced with Poser 6 and the way V4 is constructed. The problem has been fixed in Poser 7 SR1 - but of course not in the old P6. So in order to use V4 with Poser 6 you need to disable the use of external binary morphs. And that will only help with new scenes of course. Poser 5 will open those files as it doesn't know anything about the PMD files there the morphs are stored when external binary morphs are enabled. Also deleting the .pmd file will also make the file readable with Poser 6. Both Poser 5 and 6 won't display the V4 morphs then, though.

santolina-sailor ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2007 at 10:52 AM

**Valerian70

Hi.
Ok Ive installed the latest patch and rebooted.
disabled the binary morphs.

Now how do i "**link the P5 Runtime to your P6 as an external Runtime "??Im not so technically minded so I would appreaciate some help there please.(such a dummy with those things)
I f rerinstall P 6 over the top of the present instalation will that be OK.?

Thanks again for your time,I will creat  some -P6 --Vic 4 scenes tonight and let you know of the out come.

Pete

Thanks to Dizzi

Valerian70 ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2007 at 11:33 AM

When you open Poser and you have your library pallette open (the one down the side in a fetching shade of beige :o|) you will see a big + in a circle left click on this and a screen will pop up that allows you to navigate through your PC to add additional content.  You will, on a typical installation, navigate to C:/ProgramFiles/Curious Labs/Poser 5/Runtime left click on the Runtime folder under your Poser 5 installation and then hit okay.  You will now find that your main menu (keep clicking up on your libraries palette until you can go no further) now shows Poser 6, Downloads and Poser 5. This is your Poser 5 Runtime and you can access anything installed to that Runtime directly through Poser 6.

santolina-sailor ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2007 at 12:15 PM

Hi.

Thank you.

OK so I open Poser 6 and on the right hand side of the interface I open Libraries,The problem is I dont see "a big + in a circle left "  all I see now is a circle with a bent arrow.is this correct(Itold you Im a dummyLOL
Pete

Valerian70 ( ) posted Wed, 16 May 2007 at 1:50 PM

It is right at the bottom of the libraries palette.  And no, you aren't a dummy, you just haven't done it before ;o)

santolina-sailor ( ) posted Thu, 17 May 2007 at 2:43 PM

Hi,

Now I see(the light)LOL.

thats a very cool feature,Im sure ill get the hang of it.! LOL

Thank you for your Time and most of all your Patience.

Pete

BillyGoat ( ) posted Thu, 17 May 2007 at 3:17 PM

And people laugh at me for using P4 & ProPack...

Valerian70 ( ) posted Thu, 17 May 2007 at 3:28 PM

You are more than welcome - I don;t know how to do much so when I do think I can help I leap straight in to pass on the information patient people passed onto me.

Of course it would help if I could tell my left from my right because clearly that + is on the right and not where I told you rolls eyes

santolina-sailor ( ) posted Fri, 18 May 2007 at 5:42 AM · edited Fri, 18 May 2007 at 5:43 AM

Hi.
Non of us are perfect esp(LOL) me.but you had me going for a while LOL,LOL

Thanks agian.

Pete

Hi to BillyGoat

Valerian70 ( ) posted Fri, 18 May 2007 at 7:54 AM

Shoudl see me giving people directions on the phone so they can get to our office - I have to flap my arms about so I can be sure I get it right.  I've always been poor at that and on my driving test I had a piece of black duct tape round my left middle finger so I knew which was left by glancing at my hands - appalling isn't it!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.