Sun, Oct 6, 1:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: Can Poser do this?

cherokee69 ( ) posted Fri, 18 May 2007 at 7:46 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 11:19 AM

file_377974.jpg

I've seen some awesome things done in Poser but I don't recall anyone doing anything similar to this for vehicle taillights. I know it wouldn't be something that would to lifelike, but close enough to make vehicle taillights at least look more realistic that they have been.

Anyone have any idea how to do someting similar to this in Poser..either P6 or P7?

bagginsbill ( ) posted Fri, 18 May 2007 at 8:05 PM

Are you asking modeling or shader? Props that don't need to animate like a figure are easily made in any app and usable in Poser just fine by importing.

As far as shader goes, that's pretty simple. If you actually had a prop with the proper lens shapes and material zones for the red plastic, the glass, and the metallic interior of the bulbs, I could make it look like that in about 3 minutes.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

cherokee69 ( ) posted Fri, 18 May 2007 at 8:14 PM

file_377976.jpg

> Quote - Are you asking modeling or shader? Props that don't need to animate like a figure are easily made in any app and usable in Poser just fine by importing. > > As far as shader goes, that's pretty simple. If you actually had a prop with the proper lens shapes and material zones for the red plastic, the glass, and the metallic interior of the bulbs, I could make it look like that in about 3 minutes.

Probably shader. I'm working on a car that has several pieces for the taillights, but, I've not been able to figure out how to do something like this. My knowledge of shaders is pretty limited.

Here are the 2 pieces that would need a shader for them.

odeathoflife ( ) posted Fri, 18 May 2007 at 9:11 PM

You could always fake it with a texture map

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

bagginsbill ( ) posted Fri, 18 May 2007 at 9:12 PM

Ahhh so you expect the shader to make up for the lack of detail in the model? That would be a lot of work, just about the same or more as doing all the geometry for real. I thought you were asking if Poser could render such a thing materialwise - it can. But you don't actually have the geometry yet.

I'm afraid there are only two ways to go here - either put a couple thousand more polygons in your model, or change the shape to match something that you can photograph and UV map the photo onto it.

Renderosity forum reply notifications are wonky. If I read a follow-up in a thread, but I don't myself reply, then notifications no longer happen AT ALL on that thread. So if I seem to be ignoring a question, that's why. (Updated September 23, 2019)

Miss Nancy ( ) posted Sat, 19 May 2007 at 3:27 PM

the plastic coverings appear to be fresnel lenses. RFPITA to model, but poser does refraction, once all the lens facets are properly modelled in some other app.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.