Sun, Oct 6, 2:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: My new passion ... lookalike morphs

Ariah ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2007 at 12:31 AM

file_378059.jpg

:) Not necessarily, no...

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2007 at 12:44 AM

oh, I'm sorry I meant, I'd love to see a Freddie Mercury lookalike morph :)

...But what you posted is one very handsome face :D He's beautiful!

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

thewishmaster ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2007 at 1:48 AM

Ariah..Is it George Michael..?

Rendergirls

ClawShrimp ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2007 at 7:59 AM

It's clearly Ryan Reynolds! Great work too!

He was in incredble shape in Blade III. My wife never gets tired of watching that movie for some reason ;).

Over at CP forums Anton and others are working on both Bruce Willis and Vin Diesel morphs for Apollo. They're coming along really well too!

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards...checkmate!

Ariah ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2007 at 8:01 AM

Yes, ClawShrimp -- you're absolutelly right!

And I understand your wife with all my heart ;)

Ariah ( ) posted Sun, 20 May 2007 at 3:03 PM

file_378128.jpg

Oh, and I've started work on a ceratin 'Lost' girl...

Though there's still a lot of work to be done, certainly.

ClawShrimp ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2007 at 12:45 AM

Looking good, and certainly recognisable as Evangeline Lilly...even ignoring your HUGE hint :).

Would love to see some profile and 3/4 shots of these heads too, and if possible some sans texture to see just how big a part the morph plays.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards...checkmate!

Ariah ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2007 at 1:07 AM

file_378166.jpg

For now I can give a 3/4 look, still with textures (as it comes from the stock of renders I did yesterday;) and I'm off to work.

Regarding morph sans textures -- for me, they don't look half as good, it's still a marriage of the two that gives likeness to the figure...

Though with the Apollo Project it's more the morph. 

I treat the FaceRoom morphs as a starting point, but I really appreciate what the application does with textures. A bit of work in Photoshop and a semi-resolution face texture is done.

ClawShrimp ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2007 at 1:37 AM

Looking really good!

Sorry, to clarify...is this Poser's Face Room or the third party application Face Shop Pro?

urbanarmitage ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2007 at 4:09 AM

The first impression that lept out at me was Ed Harris? :)

Ariah ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2007 at 4:48 AM

I mis-spelled. The 3rd party application -- Face Shop. Though I use that for textures , mainly.

grichter ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2007 at 8:18 AM

I have been following this thread and find the work here fascinating. Just thought I would make a passing comment. I did a test render late last night using the Razored Moffitt hair from Daz on a character I was messing around with on an older V3 texture set I own. Didn't turn out like I expected. But for this thread people might like to know, I took one look at my character after it rendered and yelled, Oh my Gawd, it's Bob Keeshen! Just needed a mustache and some bushy eyebrows and it would have been near perfect. You might have to be as old as dirt like me to appreciate the likeness. But if anybody on this thread wants to do Captain Kangeroo, that hair is close to perfect.

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

egaeus ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2007 at 9:22 AM

file_378189.jpg

My attempt at an Angelina Jolie.  I'm not particularly fond of her, but I think her face is interesting.

Mike

bine ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2007 at 12:46 PM

@ariah:

i love the series: lost very, very much.

wonderfull looking like kate.
congratulation.

bine

ClawShrimp ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2007 at 7:06 PM · edited Mon, 21 May 2007 at 7:07 PM

Your results with Face Shop are really impressive Ariah. I've had absolutley no luck with the program, but then I haven't really put in the effort.

For morphs I'd rather 'dial' them myself, and considering I mainly use Apollo this isn't a problem. But for textures it could provide a good starting point at least. They'd require a fair amount of Photoshop fixing, and the obligatory complex shader tree, because as it stands it's simply a photograph pasted onto a UV map, but it could work!

I'll have to give it another try.

mathman ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2007 at 8:03 PM

egaeus, pretty good. My observation would be though that she looks a bit haggard - ie maybe Angelina Jolie in about 25 years time.

Mark@poser ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2007 at 9:10 PM

file_378444.jpg

I noticed the "Lost" girl, so I thought I would show my attempt. A humble tribute to a show I enjoy. I don't usually post pictures, so I hope it comes thru.

Thanks

Ariah ( ) posted Fri, 25 May 2007 at 1:55 PM

Nice work! Have you used FaceShop or in-build dials?

Ariah ( ) posted Fri, 25 May 2007 at 2:25 PM

file_378484.jpg

I worked a bit on my Kate;)

The FaceShop morph was just a starting point, I mainly used V4's dials. The texture needs correction round the jaw-line, but I'm generally satisfied with theresult...

Mark@poser ( ) posted Fri, 25 May 2007 at 7:15 PM

Mine was V3 with all the face morphs I could get from Daz, and a few I made, with some magnets thrown in. I couldn't tell if I captured her well or not, so I walked away from her for awhile. Since the show ended for the year, I thought I'd post a shot. I'm still experimenting with V4, so your model looks far beyond my ability with her.

Thanks

Ariah ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2007 at 4:03 AM

file_378578.jpg

I actually really like what you did with V3. I once tried that, but failed -- I did a pretty face, but nothing much like Evangeline.

Actually, yesterday I lost all my Kate data. Poser corrupted the file, as I saved it with IBL lights (a bug, I guess). I had to recreate my Kate, and the pic I'm posting is a recreated version...

Though on this shot she really does look similar;)

Mark@poser ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2007 at 7:48 AM

Oh yes, That looks quite good. Is that V3 or are you still using V4? I like the skin and hair. That looks like "Freckles" for sure. Is the skin and hair commercially available? The hair is quite nice.

Ariah ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2007 at 8:17 AM

file_378591.jpg

That's V4, the skin and hair comes from a texture map, created within FaceShop...

From the side she looks almost perfect, but 3/4 and en face lacks something -- I think the problem lies in the lips. 'Freckles' has very nice and unique lips ;), hard to recreate, but I'm not giving up.

The pic shows where the texture ends, and a regular V4 (Danae's Milan) begins....

CeeBee84 ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2007 at 11:01 AM

file_378604.jpg

Here's a Facegen version of Evangeline

AmbientShade ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2007 at 1:02 PM

file_378616.jpg

Where do you get this face shop program?

I've been wanting to do a morph of Sanaa Lathan for a while now, to use with V4, but I haven't had much luck dialing her morphs. I've gathered over 60 reference photos of her off the net, but it doesn't seem to matter since I can't get even reasonably close.

Sanaa Lathan, for those who aren't familiar with her, starred in Alien Vs Predator, and more recently played Michelle in Season 4 of Nip/Tuck. She was also Blade's mother in the first Blade movie, and has been in a handful of other films and tv shows.

Personally I think she's by far one of the most beautiful african-american women in hollywood. (I'm REALLY hoping she returns as Michelle on Nip/Tuck next season).

laslov ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2007 at 1:46 PM · edited Sun, 27 May 2007 at 1:47 PM

Quote - Where do you get this face shop program?

I've been wanting to do a morph of Sanaa Lathan for a while now, to use with V4, but I haven't had much luck dialing her morphs. I've gathered over 60 reference photos of her off the net, but it doesn't seem to matter since I can't get even reasonably close.

Sanaa Lathan, for those who aren't familiar with her, starred in Alien Vs Predator, and more recently played Michelle in Season 4 of Nip/Tuck. She was also Blade's mother in the first Blade movie, and has been in a handful of other films and tv shows.

Personally I think she's by far one of the most beautiful african-american women in hollywood. (I'm REALLY hoping she returns as Michelle on Nip/Tuck next season). 

YOU can buy FaceShop and FaceShop Pro at DAZ (http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/shop/itemdetails/-/?item=5259&cat=362) or soon here at Rendo.

Laslo****

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.