Tue, Oct 22, 3:46 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 3:28 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Notification Upon Removing A "Favorite Artist" ?

kathym ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2007 at 9:54 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 3:43 AM

I know when someone adds you or a pic you've done to their favorite list - you get a nice little ebot that notifies you. I was wondering if when you are removed from a favorite's list, if you get an ebot for that too?

I think that would be a useful ebot to get - especially if you had to leave feedback as to why you removed them.

I recently removed two of my favorites b/c they seem to be repetitive posters (meaning each "new" piece they post has too much of the same ole same ole in them).

Just enjoying the Vue. :0)

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2007 at 9:56 AM

So .. you removed Me ... snifff ... now im so unhappy .....

But to test the ebot  ..just ad yourself to yourself :} and remove it again 😉

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT BAR-CODE SENT A  PM to 26FAHRENHEIT  "same person"

Chris

My Free Stuff

thefixer ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2007 at 10:03 AM

It's unfortunate that "same old, same old" gets most comments and hits and those that try to do something different in their images are overlooked!

In answer to your query, I don't know [LOL] but I agree it would be an excellent idea!!

Injustice will be avenged.
Cofiwch Dryweryn.

kathym ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2007 at 10:12 AM

Quote - So .. you removed Me ... snifff ... now im so unhappy .....

But to test the ebot  ..just ad yourself to yourself :} and remove it again 😉

It won't allow me to add myself as a favorite artist  to test it out - but that was a great idea Bar-Code. And no - I didn't remove you Bar, you're safe from the delete button :).

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2007 at 10:17 AM

I have added myself to myself ... 😉 
I think i did it with a image from me ..and did it there ..

but im happy now :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:    yeah that happy ...

okay im back to my Vue 

Chris

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT BAR-CODE SENT A  PM to 26FAHRENHEIT  "same person"

Chris

My Free Stuff

SndCastie ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2007 at 10:32 AM

I will add this to our suggestions list thank you

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

Unicornst ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2007 at 6:25 PM

There isn't an ebot sent when you remove someone. I know. I had a someone remove me and found out accidently by looking at their homepage. I was never notified by ebot.

vikinglady ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2007 at 6:52 PM

Quote - There isn't an ebot sent when you remove someone. I know. I had a someone remove me and found out accidently by looking at their homepage. I was never notified by ebot.

They could have put you on private instead of public display.  It shortens the length of the homepage, by putting some as private.

Acadia ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2007 at 7:45 PM

This would also help facilitate the "Critique Group". Those who want to leave can delete people in their favourite list and give the reason "leaving critque group" or something like that.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Unicornst ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2007 at 8:34 PM

**I didn't know you could do that.

But considering other factors that I don't want to go into publically, I highly doubt it was placed in a private listing. I'm 99.99% sure it was removed completely. Which is fine by me if that's how they feel. It's their list, after all.**

kathym ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2007 at 8:47 PM

Personally, I'd like to know why I was removed. Have I done the same subject matter too many times, etc. Have i bored my audience? It could prove very useful.

Unicornst ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2007 at 8:55 PM

**As I said...this particular one is a private matter that I won't go into. I'm not that great at art, but I do know it wasn't my art that got my name removed on this one.

I only said anything simply to let you know that ebots are not sent when an artist is removed from a list.**

chimera46 ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2007 at 10:02 PM

I like to keep a relatively lean list myself and from time to time delete artists who haven't posted in a while (say, a year), though I've never gotten any PMs asking for an explanation.

I'd prefer not to give them an e-bot when I remove them, as I'd rather not have to tell them:  "No No, I still like you, I just happen to have a personality quirk that makes me want to only list artists who are CURRENTLY posting" since it seems like a shoddy excuse, despite being true.

While it would be nice to get the feedback when/if someone removes me from their list, I would find it difficult to trust as someone may not want to say "You've lost your edge" to avoid hurting someone's feelings/making an enemy. This could be fuelled also by an artist looking up who remains on someone's list after they've been removed, and thinking "i'm better than artist X, why weren't they deleted instead of me?"

Finally, sometimes someone may just want to trim up their fav images list (which in some ways it like a personal mini gallery), and won't want to say "you're good, just not THAT good" to someone they take off the list.

Not that on the balance of things Ebots for a favourites cancellation is a bad idea, but there's some issues to consider that haven't been raised in this thread.

Just my 2 cents.

The strong do as they can while the weak do as they must.

kathym ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2007 at 8:44 AM

Quote - ... While it would be nice to get the feedback when/if someone removes me from their list, I would find it difficult to trust as someone may not want to say "You've lost your edge" to avoid hurting someone's feelings/making an enemy. This could be fuelled also by an artist looking up who remains on someone's list after they've been removed, and thinking "i'm better than artist X, why weren't they deleted instead of me?" ....

For me, that wouldn't be a bad thing. I'm tired of having to sugar coat the truth. I'd rather be told that I've lost my edge then some sugar coated politically correct BS that doesn't even come close to the matter at hand.

lundqvist ( ) posted Thu, 24 May 2007 at 9:07 AM

I suppose am IM would be nice, if you wanted to take the time to tell the formerly favorite artist why you weren't interested in their stuff at the moment. I only chime in to defend the "repeat" offenders because in my case because I work with a specific set of characters, world and storyline. To everyone else my stuff gets repetitive. Couple that with the endless WIP pics and... Well, I can see where it could get boring :)

kathym ( ) posted Fri, 25 May 2007 at 8:08 AM

Quote - ..... I only chime in to defend the "repeat" offenders because in my case because I work with a specific set of characters, world and storyline. To everyone else my stuff gets repetitive. Couple that with the endless WIP pics and... Well, I can see where it could get boring :)

Working with a storyline is one thing - and following the adventures or progression of the characters attached to it is usually entertaining. But posting simular models, with simular dynamic clothes over the same white or black bacj ground day in day out & the likes is what I'm talking about as being repetitive.

The IM would be a nice way of telling them why - but I'm sure some will either promptly tell you off or go crying to the PTB that you've "personally attacked them".

Dajadues ( ) posted Fri, 25 May 2007 at 11:41 AM · edited Fri, 25 May 2007 at 11:42 AM

What's with all the fake backgrounds anyway? I thought the idea of 3D was to do your own backgrounds in Poser not just add fake ones but real props. I dont even look at those anymore in the galleries.

3dvice ( ) posted Wed, 30 May 2007 at 11:30 AM

I'm with chimera46, I'd prefer not to give them an e-bot, because a) it's not possible to edit comments/notes. Let's say you include a comment to tell a lil bit about the artist/gallery/image and want to change that comment later, because you misspelled it, or the theme of the gallery changed or you feel your comment didn't express it right, you have to delete the favourite and put him/her/it on your fav list again. So the artist receives FOUR ebots. I think this is a bit annoying. BTW, as far as I know it has been handled like that (at least with fav images). That's why I do not include comments anymore to my favorites. b) you can easily find out who favorited or 'unfavorited' you by using the 'who favorited me' feature in your gallery options. When somebody drops you, you can see it in the statistics.

Le cinéma substitue à notre regard un monde qui s'accorde à nos désirs. - André Bazin

vikinglady ( ) posted Wed, 30 May 2007 at 12:36 PM

Quote - b) you can easily find out who favorited or 'unfavorited' you by using the 'who favorited me' feature in your gallery options. When somebody drops you, you can see it in the statistics.[/quote] 

You do see when someone removes you from Public view.  You still may be in their Private view, having not been deleted.  This is an option to put the Favorited Artist in Private Listings, instead of public.  Just like the Wish List and Favorite Images section. 

I am still waiting for them to put back the option to edits our comments in the Favorite Artists section. like we had with the .ez format. So we don't have to delete and re-Favorite. Thereby leaving the possiblity of interuption and not getting back to the re-favoriting until the next day or next month.

3dvice ( ) posted Wed, 30 May 2007 at 1:23 PM

Would be very nice to have the editing option back. btw. I'd also appreciate, if there would be an option to sort the display of favorite images, because the thumbs may be very different in size, style, category and genre and you can easily end up in a mess with everything mixed. But I assume this feature would be to complicated or maybe impossible in respect to the database.

Le cinéma substitue à notre regard un monde qui s'accorde à nos désirs. - André Bazin

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.