Tue, Oct 1, 12:32 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 30 7:03 pm)

Subject: Poser 6 - empty scene save ????

dstephany ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2007 at 1:06 PM · edited Tue, 01 October 2024 at 12:27 PM

I created a file in Poser 6 and have saved it four different times but now whenever I try to save the same file again its empty when I reopen it! Can somebody please explain what might be happening or should I just contact tech support ? Actually I probably will anyway I just thought if someone here had any ideas it might be alittle bit faster. Thanks!

dstephany ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2007 at 6:04 PM

Ok...I'm posting this just in case anyone else ever has this problem. Maybe this will help. Basically it seems that its being caused by something in the preferences folder and possibly the other runtimes I was using from versions 4 and 5 and links to content there etc. etc.

Here is a cut and paste from tech support I got today. Again, I'm no expert in this so if your having a similar problem and your reading this I suggest you contact e-frontier directly rather then me but this may serve as a starting point. Good luck!!!

I'm not suggesting that yet (though it may help). I would first suggest
deleting your Poser preferences and see if that resolves the issue.
When Poser has been running successfully for a while, but then starts
behaving badly, often it's because the preference files have become
corrupted.
This is especially likely if Poser has crashed or been forced to quit,
as then the preference files aren't closed properly. Corrupt
preferences can lead to all kinds of misbehavior on Poser's part including
frequent crashes. This is annoying but easily fixed- in short, you navigate
into the prefs folder inside the Poser Runtime and delete the preference
files found within; the process is described and illustrated in our
Knowledge Base, here:

[http://www.e-frontier.com/article/articleview/1761/1/595/

Sincerely,
Teyon Alexander
Technical Support](http://www.e-frontier.com/article/articleview/1761/1/595/)

ClawShrimp ( ) posted Tue, 22 May 2007 at 9:17 PM

Thank you for sharing this dstephany.

This has been a problem on and off for me for a while now. As a result I started just saving poses, figures and props indivudually as I couldn't rely on saving scenes (far from ideal).

I've now moved on to Poser 7 and haven't had this problem yet, but if I do I'll be certain to try this.

If we can hit that bullseye, the rest of the dominos will fall like a house of cards...checkmate!

dstephany ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2007 at 4:44 PM

Well I hate to burst my own bubble but I might have spoken too soon because oddly enough the SAME thing starting happening AGAIN believe it or not soooo back to the drawing board!! I already contacted support and thank god so far they have been VERY responsive so if and when I find out any new information I'll be sure to post it here for all to see.

nruddock ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2007 at 5:42 PM

It is quite likely to be something in your scene that's causing the problem.
Something else that we need to know is whether you are using External Binary Moprhs (some items e.g. V4, are known to cause problems with these in P6).

dstephany ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2007 at 7:21 PM

nruddock...thanks for the feedback. I saw the option for saving external binary morph targets under General Preferences and that box is checked, which I think is the default setting, however I'm not sure thats whats causing the problem.

I am using V4 and she is wearing the Jersey Dress by Hongyu. But again I suspect thats not whats causing the problem. I can't prove this and its only a hunch but I suspect it has something to do with Laura. She was wearing TamiL's Wild Laura and the Short Bob by Kozaburo and both of those items were originally located in the Poser 4 runtime. Again, it may mean nothing or it may mean everything. I'm just not sure.

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2007 at 7:28 PM
Site Admin

I had that problem with one sence. I ended up saving the poses and backing up to a copy that I new was good. I always number each save (ghost1, ghost2, etc.) so if something goes wrong, I don't have to start over.

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

dstephany ( ) posted Wed, 23 May 2007 at 7:55 PM

Oh yeah...I've done all that believe me!! lol But thanks for the suggestion RedPhantom. The problem now really is since I don't know exactly whats causing this its difficult to say how to work around it. As I said before, I followed the advice given by e-frontier tech support and then it started happening again so I'm rather puzzled.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.