Thu, Sep 19, 4:17 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: OT: Guess where I'm working now?

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Sat, 26 May 2007 at 3:39 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 10:47 AM

I think I posted around 6 months ago when I became un-employed.  Well 6 months later, I setup my own company and guess where I'm contracting now??

Yup back to where I was working before... it seems they let go of too many people and dont have anyone to do the work.  So I'm back as a contractor.  hehehehe.

dvlenk6 ( ) posted Sat, 26 May 2007 at 3:50 PM

I hope you are making them pay through the nose for your experience!

Friends don't let friends use booleans.

tom271 ( ) posted Sat, 26 May 2007 at 4:13 PM

@ Analog:  I'm glad to hear you are working...  I'm still working on finding a logic board for my drive.. I have not forgotten.. 

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

aprilgem ( ) posted Sat, 26 May 2007 at 4:34 PM

That's happened to me a couple of times. I think the companies think it's cheaper to do business that way. Feel free to charge them extra -- after all, you have your own overhead and benefits to pay for now, now that they no longer have to do that for you.

Death_at_Midnight ( ) posted Sat, 26 May 2007 at 7:31 PM

Way to go Analog-X! Charge them through the nose!

pakled ( ) posted Sat, 26 May 2007 at 8:52 PM

same place you were?...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

skiwillgee ( ) posted Sat, 26 May 2007 at 9:36 PM

Hope you are not victim of corporate ploy.  I've seen large companies layoff workers then hire them back as contractors before.  Looks okay on surface especially if it included a small pay increase.

The hook is they are now an outside contractor and aren't entitled to benefits and when there is a slow down they get dropped like a hot potato, no severance, no unemployment, no vacation, no sick days, etc.

I don't think this is the case for you since you are employeed by another firm.  Get'um!

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Sat, 26 May 2007 at 11:22 PM

Well since you're now your own company and your own boss, Charge them through the wazzoo!

Zhann ( ) posted Sat, 26 May 2007 at 11:26 PM

Good for you, don't forget though you now have to save and pay your own taxes, soc sec (if in the US) state taxes etc. It's a headache sometimes working for yourself, but rewarding.

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

TheBryster ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2007 at 9:16 AM
Forum Moderator

Way to go! Good luck with this!
My son just started his own company and is doing good so far!

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Rayraz ( ) posted Sun, 27 May 2007 at 9:25 AM

Hahaha what did u tell 'em? "pay-up bitch!" hahahaha always good to get back at the peeps that screwed ya over.
Similar stuff happened with me with my school, me teachers bitched last time I did a project in my own time when I wasnt happy with their work-pace, 4 months of work resulted in no study points at all! So now I got back at 'em, I told my teach I had to delay my project 3 weeks because I got the oppertunity to do a project for UEFA and TomTom. After blinking a few times in disbelieve this one teach wanted to see my programming code on the project. Once he did he was happy they'd have 3 weeks to find a new teacher, cuz non of the ones on my study were qualified enough to understand the code! LOL If u know ur good enough for the job, dont worry if someone screws u over, u'll always get other possibly better opertunities, and if ur lucky u'll end up makin 'em sweat!
Btw, now that u have ur own company, be prepared to be creative with it! Running your own business can provide u with a lotta oppertunities that are economically very beneficial! For instance, u could buy ur electronic devices such as tv, sound systems, computers, etc on name of ur company, instead of ur monthly paycheck. It can save u quite a bit of money!

(_/)
(='.'=)
(")
(")This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

TCsolar ( ) posted Mon, 28 May 2007 at 4:05 PM

haha way to go! make them pay you a lot ;)

--- www.brycedownloads.com ---
Free downloads just for bryce
--- www.artartica.net ---
My personal work, right here

Gog ( ) posted Tue, 29 May 2007 at 4:17 AM

It seems to be a really common thign, lay staff off then hire them back at a $1000 a day.....

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

Ang25 ( ) posted Wed, 30 May 2007 at 9:32 PM

Congrats on finding a solution to your unemployment. I hope things continue to work out well for you.

UVDan ( ) posted Mon, 04 June 2007 at 5:05 PM
Forum Moderator

Congratulations.

Free men do not ask permission to bear arms!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.