Thu, Sep 19, 10:39 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 9:52 pm)

Subject: How do I turn off M3's lashes?

RCT ( ) posted Wed, 13 June 2007 at 4:32 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 8:33 PM

Apologies if this seems a little dumb, but I just can't figure out how to do this... I need to do an M3 character who has no eyelashes, and I can't seem to turn them off or make them invisible. I seem to vaguely remember I could do this in Poser 4 (but I could be wrong), but I'm using Poser 7 now.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Wed, 13 June 2007 at 4:40 AM

Go into the material room and select lashes and then turn transparency up to 1. Specular to pure black and highlight size to 0.

RCT ( ) posted Wed, 13 June 2007 at 4:55 AM

Hi, thanks very much!

RCT ( ) posted Wed, 13 June 2007 at 5:10 AM

Actually, I just tried it, and it didn't make any difference!

Tashar59 ( ) posted Wed, 13 June 2007 at 6:36 AM

Just guessing but do you have a texture connected to the Trans? Disconnect the texture or delete it.

Or did you render to see if the lash are invisable. Will still show a bit untill render.

RCT ( ) posted Wed, 13 June 2007 at 6:48 AM

Hi, no there's no texture. And the lashes are still there in the render, too. What if I made a transparency map that was just all black, and replaced the existing lashes one? That sounds like it would work in theory... but it still seems like a lot of unnecessary work. Surely there's something I can just toggle on and off?

Tashar59 ( ) posted Wed, 13 June 2007 at 2:00 PM · edited Wed, 13 June 2007 at 2:01 PM

"and replaced the existing lashes one"

You said there was no texture. Transmap is what I was talking about when I said texture connected to the Trans dial. Delete that and use the settings I gave you. You don't want anything connected to your trans dials and make sure the next 2 trans dials are set to 0 also.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Wed, 13 June 2007 at 2:08 PM

file_380066.jpg

Here is an image to make it easier. Should have done this in the first place.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.