Thu, Oct 3, 12:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Poser 7 English Service Release 2 Now Available

efstarlet ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2007 at 8:24 PM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 10:24 PM

Poser 7 English Service Release 2 (SR2) is now available for both Macintosh and Windows. SR2 offers several enhancements and addresses known issues present in the following areas:

• Performance Optimization
  • Rendering
  • Multiple Undo
  • Talk Designer
  • Plus Several Other Areas

In order to receive technical support and application service releases you must have registered your Poser 7 application serial number with e frontier. If you have not yet done so, please register now.

Once you have registered your serial number, you can access the service release for Windows or Macintosh.

Are you a Poser fan?  Show us on Facebook!

equan ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2007 at 9:00 PM

Thanx for heads-up. I didn't have "Check for Updates" box checked.

infinity10 ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2007 at 9:04 PM

Question:

If upgrading only from original Poser 7 release ( that is, without the SR1 and SR1.1), will the SR2 take care of all the intermediate patches as well ?

Eternal Hobbyist

ian_colette ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2007 at 9:07 PM

I presume so, they usually do, & the readme for SR2 lists all the changes made in the earlier ones.

Teyon ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2007 at 9:18 PM

Yes, it includes all updates from previous service releases. Content updates need to be installed separately from it though, so be sure you do that too if you haven't already.

pjz99 ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2007 at 9:30 PM

A pleasant difference - switching to Materials room is much quicker ...

My Freebies

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2007 at 9:44 PM

Thanks for the heads up!  I wish they would put these things in order though!  :blink:  It's like 2/3rd's way down on the list.  That makes no sense to me in the least!

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

Teyon ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2007 at 10:04 PM · edited Mon, 18 June 2007 at 10:07 PM

I'll mention it - I can't promise anything though.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2007 at 10:46 PM

Cool, Thanks for the heads up.

ockham ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2007 at 11:43 PM

Quick feedback:  

One VERY pleasant improvement:  The OpenGL preview is no longer
twitchy.  When I switch cameras or move between frames, the picture 
changes immediately and stays firm.  Previously it waited for a mouse 
move or mysteriously flipped back and forth between views.  
(This improvement wasn't listed specifically in the readme for sr2, or 
at least wasn't listed in any way that I could translate!)

Two things that still aren't fixed:

1. Make movie with P4Render still gives flat black images, no pictures.
  2. Keygraph is still weird; mouse slides out of focus. 

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

cyberscape ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2007 at 1:22 AM

Well, it didn't blow up when I installed sr2!  What's better is the Morph Brush works on V4's head!!! I seem to recall this being a VERY big fiasco recently. I honestly can't say I tried the MB on V4 before this sr, so I don't know if this sr2 fixed it or not.

Anyway, thanks EF and keep up the good work!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 

AMD FX-9590 4.7ghz 8-core, 32gb of RAM, Win7 64bit, nVidia GeForce GTX 760

PoserPro2012, Photoshop CS4 and Magix Music Maker

--------------------------------------------------------------

...and when the day is dawning...I have to say goodbye...a last look back into...your broken eyes.

Casette ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2007 at 2:23 AM

Fear... each new update I think 'Poser will work better with it... or I'll need to reinstall it due a massive crash since the update?

:$

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

Dale B ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2007 at 4:47 AM

Aw, go for it, Casette; Just save your runtimes, first. But so far, P7 seems to be responding well, and at least feels a bit quicker on the startup.

smallspace ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2007 at 6:11 AM

Crap!

All this time...after admitting it was a bug...and they still haven't fixed the, "Inherit bends of parent" function.

I'd rather stay in my lane than lay in my stain!

starfish42 ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2007 at 1:35 PM · edited Tue, 19 June 2007 at 1:36 PM

Cyberscape wrote

*  What's better is the Morph Brush works on V4's head!!!

Hey! you really got me excited then. Unfortunately, there never was a problem with V4, but only with V4.1,  - and  it's still there, unless I'm doing something stupid.

As I understand it one of the new head morphs in V4.1 has a mistake in it , which causes Poser to crash, so it's Vicki who needs the SR! *

"Don't make me angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry!"

Tashar59 ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2007 at 2:37 PM

Yes, Daz tec has finally admitted to the problem of V4.1 and morph brush and said it will be fixed but also admitted they have no idea how long it will take for them to give it to us.

Can we say V5? LOL. 

Teyon ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2007 at 4:31 PM

ockham, I've just rendered a AVI using the Poser 4 render engine in SR2 - no problem. What codec are you using, maybe that's the issue? I used Uncompressed.

ockham ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2007 at 4:35 PM

I never do AVIs, always separate images.  That's where the problem is.
Firefly is OK on separate images, but the P4renderer still goes black.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Teyon ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2007 at 4:46 PM

I'll have a look. Thanks.

Casette ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2007 at 4:57 PM

Now I ask: if my browser has cookies enabled, WTF I need to put my Registered Serial Number one more time !!! 

One more time... and one more... and one more... and zillions more... :cursing:

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

ockham ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2007 at 5:07 PM

@Cas:  They would be smarter to just leave out the registration entirely!
Customers don't really notice when an optional feature is absent, but
customers are outraged when a feature doesn't work.

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Tashar59 ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2007 at 5:40 PM

Any one else not able to Save the rendered background to tiff? Use to work before the SR2.

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2007 at 5:52 PM

Quote - Now preserving selection when adjusting camera position while editing spherical fall off zone.

Thank you.  That bug was a PITA while I was rigging Krystal.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2007 at 6:19 PM

Excellent.  Great to hear.  Thanks for the heads up on this one.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

Kaji ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2007 at 6:45 PM

This update forced me to reinstall Poser from scratch... somehow one of the XML files got corrupted and it doesn't say which one.

uli_k ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2007 at 7:35 PM · edited Tue, 19 June 2007 at 7:36 PM

Quote - This update forced me to reinstall Poser from scratch... somehow one of the XML files got corrupted and it doesn't say which one.

This really should not happen. Was your Runtime/heads/knownFaceRoomHeads.xml modified in any way? Most likely that's the file that caused you trouble. Please contact tech support via http://www.e-frontier.com/go/emailtech and send them your broken version of that file (if you still have it, if not please explain whether or not your version of that file was likely to be modified).

Kaji ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2007 at 8:17 PM

No, I didn't. This was a from a clean install... the only thing I did do was install the G2 super bundle, Miki 2, and Jessi 2 before the SR2 update.

operaguy ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2007 at 8:34 PM

The V4.1 vs. Poser7MorphBrushTool on head actor is not a Poser bug...it is a V4.1 bug.

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Tue, 19 June 2007 at 11:34 PM

As far as I'm concerned, V4.1 is a bug. ;)  The gratuitious use of readScript (132 of them - with multiple readScripts from these) - which is an 'undocumented and unsupported' feature is not professional.  Reliance upon such a feature could at any time turn into a disaster - even if unlikely.  Not that e-frontier will pull such support but it is a gamble and one upon which the entire figure is constructed!

And to prove the problem, I see that V4.1's catastrophe is rippling across every extra-Poser support system.  GestureMax - probably will never support it.  Carrara plans tp support it eventually.  I already have added said support. ;)  Who knows who else will bother.
The more esoteric the constructs, the more likely they will not be stable - this is already evidenced in Poser7 with V4.1.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2007 at 12:02 AM

SR2 installed fine here.  No muss, no fuss.  Smooth as silk.

P7 runs faster now.  Things load quicker.  I don't have any other detailed observations yet -- just overall impressions.

I am very pleased with what I've seen so far.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2007 at 12:19 AM

Has anyone tried saving a background render in .Tiff?

Darboshanski ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2007 at 8:02 AM

Well I hope this SR has fixed the using binary morphs option I don't care what anyone says it worked fine for me until this SR1.1 update. Now when I have them turned on I get an error when ever I save a scene I have to turn them off and that's a pain cause it takes forever for a scene to save. IT used to be SRs were good things now everyone looks at them like they are looking at a
le guilotinne!

My Facebook Page

mylemonblue ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2007 at 8:40 AM · edited Wed, 20 June 2007 at 8:47 AM

Quote - Well I hope this SR has fixed the using binary morphs option I don't care what anyone says it worked fine for me until this SR1.1 update. Now when I have them turned on I get an error when ever I save a scene I have to turn them off and that's a pain cause it takes forever for a scene to save. IT used to be SRs were good things now everyone looks at them like they are looking at a
le guilotinne!

le guilotinne ? Hahahahaha......  P7 worked(sic) better without the last service packs so I have to admit to being afraid of another one myself. x_X

LG2.0 ( le guilotinne 2.0 )? ROTFL.  I hope not. m(_ )m  inches closer to trying it  <<

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

Darboshanski ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2007 at 11:20 AM

Well I  installed the SR2 update and still V4.1 throws fits. Now before you all start with the "It's not poser it's V4.1" stuff on me I know this. This is what happens when V4.1 is in a scene with other characters half of the morphs on her OR the other characters will not work. You can turn dials until yer blue in the mug and nothing happens.

So far I haven't gotten any of those PMD errors when saving a scene now. So the binary morph targets are switched back on for now. Seems to load the libraries from external runtimes faster.
Seems to render faster too.

I seriously think it was V4.1 that was causing the PMD errors...I hope!! LOL! IF not well I say to those at EF.... "S'ils n'ont plus de pain, qu'ils mangent de la brioche!"* * LET THEM EAT CAKE!!
Sort has that guilotinne sort of feel eh?

"Guilotinne we've got the sharpest little guilotinne
it cuts so nice and clean, guilotinne.
Its real sharp you bet it even beats Gillette!
I'm talking 'bout my little guilotinne!!"

My Facebook Page

svdl ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2007 at 11:41 AM

It looks like SR2 also fixed a VERY annoying Python/Tkinter bug, at least, Tkinter scripts with scrollbars don't crash Poser to the desktop anymore.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2007 at 11:48 AM

The problems that some others are reporting with V4.1 ring oddly to me -- because I haven't had a split-second's worth of trouble out of that figure.  Admittedly, I haven't attempted to use the morph tool on V4.1's head, so I can't address that issue.  But I will say that I haven't seen ANY of the other V4.1 problems which a few people have been describing in the forums.  Please note: I am not saying that those problems are imaginary: just that I haven't experienced any of those issues myself.  And I've been using V4.1 regularly for awhile now.

BTW - P7 SR2 is working out great for me, too.  So far.  No problems: only improvements.  I don't have anything negative to say about it.

metabog ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2007 at 11:54 AM

Quote - Carrara plans to support it eventually.  > Quote -  

Heehee! 
Yes and well they should since Carrara is also a DAZ product. That support should be forthcoming at some point later on in this century, probably in 2017, their unannounced secret release date for M4. But dont tell, no one should know this. DAZ doesn't announce even an approximate target date for forthcoming releases. They have a hungry, addicted. captive client population that will gleefully take all the disregard they can dish out to them!

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2007 at 12:10 PM · edited Wed, 20 June 2007 at 12:23 PM

As far as pre-announcing release dates go, DAZ is in a "damned if they do, damned if they don't" type of situation.  If DAZ were to make some approximate-time statement like "M4 will be out in the Fall of 2007" -- then certain parties would start complaining about how come M4 wasn't out in the middle of August.  While others -- possessed of greater self-control -- would patiently wait until the official first calendar day of the Fall season -- and then they would promptly start ripping DAZ a new one in the forums for not having M4 out yet.  "Well......Fall's here!  Where's my M4?!  Wahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

So, DAZ is left with a choice between two PR evils -- pre-announce a release date: and then risk running into unforseen issues which prevent a release in that time period.  In which case they'll be hammered in the forums.  Or else DAZ can choose to remain silent on pre-announcing even an approximate release date for the new figure.  In which case they'll be hammered in the forums.

Perhaps it's merely a choice over which action results in less hammering.  Perhaps it's better to remind the kids that Christmas comes but once a year -- and that it'll get here when it gets here.  Because otherwise, the kids might throw a temper tantrum when the first hints of the cooling temperatures of "in the Fall" begin to evince themselves.

operaguy ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2007 at 12:27 PM

I am not having any problems with V4.1 -- except the famous morphbrushtool on head for which we have the work-around until there is a V4.2.

So much so does the lady work well, and so uncertain is the M4 arrival....I have begun morphing her into a guy.

::::: Opera :::::

ockham ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2007 at 1:20 PM

@svdl:  By golly, I think you're right.  It's hard to spot the disappearance
of a bug, and I'd modified most of my scripts to get around the scrollbar
problem anyway. 

It didn't seem to happen when the listbox was long and wide
enough, but there was no firm way to know how much was "enough"!

I tried shortening some listboxes back to the height that had caused
problems, and then zoomed the little thumb-bar up and down fast,
which would have guaranteed a crash before.  It doesn't crash now.

[Crossing fingers.]

My python page
My ShareCG freebies

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2007 at 4:42 PM

I'm noticing some weirdness with the reflections of raytraced shadows, but at least it appears that they've finally fixed the reflection-culling bug.

stewer ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2007 at 5:31 PM

L_D, what kind of weirdness are you seeing? Can you post an example?

uli_k ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2007 at 6:27 PM

Quote - Has anyone tried saving a background render in .Tiff?

Works fine for me here. There is one change in SR2 though - by popular demand, Poser now does not discard the alpha channel any more when rendering with FireFly over a background image. So depending on what software you use to view the TIFF, it might look like the background is missing. The reason would be that that software applies the alpha channel before viewing (Microsoft's built-in viewer does that for example, whereas ACDSee and Photoshop hide the alpha channel)

silverthornne ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2007 at 6:56 PM

Well, this is the first time P7 (even the no-SR-right out of the box P7) actually crashes on me. I had V4.1 on scene, did a render, and when I hit the tab to go back to the Preview window, the desktop greeted me. It hasn't happened to me again, but then again, I haven't used V4 again either. The more I play with V4, the more I find myself going back to A3...

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 20 June 2007 at 11:02 PM · edited Wed, 20 June 2007 at 11:05 PM

file_380737.jpg

> Quote - L_D, what kind of weirdness are you seeing? Can you post an example?

Basically, the reflection shows shadows that aren't there.

I've attached a pic of test renders in P6 and P7.  Two square props, meeting at a perpendicular angle, form my mirror object.  Three shadow-casting light sources.

Note that in P7, the reflected figures show shadows extending away from the mirror, even though these shadows aren't being cast in the "real world".

Tashar59 ( ) posted Thu, 21 June 2007 at 12:43 AM · edited Thu, 21 June 2007 at 12:45 AM

"The reason would be that that software applies the alpha channel before viewing (Microsoft's built-in viewer does that for example"

Yep, that's what it was. Looks fine once I put it into one of my paint apps.

Thanks.

That is wierd LD.

metabog ( ) posted Thu, 21 June 2007 at 5:59 AM

Quote - As far as pre-announcing release dates go, DAZ is in a "damned if they do, damned if they don't" type of situation.  If DAZ were to make some approximate-time statement like "M4 will be out in the Fall of 2007" -- then certain parties would start complaining about how come M4 wasn't out in the middle of August.  While others -- possessed of greater self-control -- would patiently wait until the official first calendar day of the Fall season -- and then they would promptly start ripping DAZ a new one in the forums for not having M4 out yet.  "Well......Fall's here!  Where's my M4?!  Wahhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

So, DAZ is left with a choice between two PR evils -- pre-announce a release date: and then risk running into unforseen issues which prevent a release in that time period.  In which case they'll be hammered in the forums.  Or else DAZ can choose to remain silent on pre-announcing even an approximate release date for the new figure.  In which case they'll be hammered in the forums.

Perhaps it's merely a choice over which action results in less hammering.  Perhaps it's better to remind the kids that Christmas comes but once a year -- and that it'll get here when it gets here.  Because otherwise, the kids might throw a temper tantrum when the first hints of the cooling temperatures of "in the Fall" begin to evince themselves.

So then...avoiding "getting hammered in the forums" is a... marketing strategy? So its better not to communicate with the customer population? Ok I see thanks fro setting me straight?
(shakes head and leaves)

icprncss2 ( ) posted Thu, 21 June 2007 at 7:44 AM

Quote - Any one else not able to Save the rendered background to tiff? Use to work before the SR2.

Same problem.  Maybe this is another one of their fixes.  After all, according to UliK, all previous versions of Poser were not handling the alpha channel correctly when rendering over background and saving to TIFF.  The Render Police strike again.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Thu, 21 June 2007 at 12:11 PM · edited Thu, 21 June 2007 at 12:19 PM

Quote - So then...avoiding "getting hammered in the forums" is a... marketing strategy? So its better not to communicate with the customer population? Ok I see thanks fro setting me straight?
(shakes head and leaves)

Oh, no.....not in the least.  I'm sure that DAZ realizes that they'll get hammered in the forums no matter what they do.  Because regardless of what 'it' is: somebody out there won't be happy about it.  Sure, they "communicate with the customer population" regularly.  But nowhere nearly as loudly as various members of the "customer population" communicate with them.

And of course: companies would never do anything so gauche as to engage in developing marketing strategies for themselves.  Because as everyone knows: they're always better off, business-wise, to fly in blind.

uli_k ( ) posted Thu, 21 June 2007 at 12:53 PM

Quote -
Same problem.  Maybe this is another one of their fixes.  After all, according to UliK, all previous versions of Poser were not handling the alpha channel correctly when rendering over background and saving to TIFF.  The Render Police strike again.

Read this thread again, especially the last posts of beryld and me. Thanks.

Terry Mitchell ( ) posted Thu, 21 June 2007 at 4:47 PM

Are any of the Content updaters necessary to download if I already had the last patch installed?

Intel Core I7 3090K 4.5 GhZ (overclocked) 12-meg cache CPU, 32 Gig DDR3 memory, GeoForce GTX680 2gig 256 Bit PCI Express 3.0 graphic card, 3 Western Difgital 7200 rpm 1 Tb SATA Hard Drives

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.