Sat, Aug 3, 2:47 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 31 8:13 pm)

Subject: making arm tattoos?

blau ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2001 at 12:02 AM ยท edited Fri, 02 August 2024 at 1:43 AM

Does anyone know how to do this? using a plain texture map is impossible to line up.

whoopdat ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2001 at 12:51 AM

I was going to try that a while ago, but, I didn't have the time to sit down and make test marks on the texture and then render to see if they lined up. I ended up having to settle for other locations, so suffice it to say, I'm just as curious as you about doing it.

Wizzard ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2001 at 1:13 AM

I belive it was snowsultan that made up a set of templates with alignment marks.... what I do is set the tatt.. then render, adjust the tatt, render... re-adjust the tatt.. re-render... until it's placed and lined up 8 ) same with side of the thigh tatts

Stormrage ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2001 at 1:43 AM

I remember a discussion somewhere where someone used the grouping tool to create a new material where the tat was to go then remapped the figure. I have been toying with the idea and have some prototypes but nothing definate

Photopium ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2001 at 3:12 AM

That would be me. Open up grouping tool and line up the arm to camera view where you want the tat to go. Type in a new group name and select the polygons that cover the area of the tat. Then click "create perspective UV's" then assign material. Should work from there. be sure to texture the tat on the same color as your body texture map to avoid edges. -WTB

DonnyD ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2001 at 8:31 AM

Has anyone tried using uvmapper to just create a new section for the upper arm in a cylindrical map? I've been meaning to, but my PC is in pieces right now (at work :)). DonnyD

blau ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2001 at 11:00 AM

I tried that last night Donny, it didn't work. That's why I posted this message lol.

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Mon, 21 May 2001 at 3:10 PM

Attached Link: http://silvermage.net/3d/buckrogers/squad1.jpg

Tattoos, shoulder badges on clothes, and anything else like it: all run into the same problem :: in stardard Poser figures the front and the back of the body including the arms are in T layout and the arm is divided into front and back and a shoulder badge is impossible because of mapping distortion around the shoulders. That is why in my models each arm is texture-mapped in one piece, vertical, split along the underside only, and thus shoulder badges are much easier (see attached link, Sea Patrol men sorting out some unauthorized scuba divers).

With patterns round the wrist, as with "scrambled eggs" on naval officer uniforms, there is another problem, as that area gets twisted when the wrist twists in Poser models but not in eal people.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.