Tue, Sep 24, 11:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser Technical

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

Poser Technical F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 7:30 pm)

Welcome to the Poser Technical Forum.

Where computer nerds can Pull out their slide rules and not get laughed at. Pocket protectors are not required. ;-)

This is the place you come to ask questions and share new ideas about using the internal file structure of Poser to push the program past it's normal limits.

New users are encouraged to read the FAQ sections here and on the Poser forum before asking questions.

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Where does poser 7 save my work?

Roberto_Segate ( ) posted Thu, 12 July 2007 at 6:46 AM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 11:28 AM

Hi All,

I loaded up P7 today and went to open recent files and, nothing there!!! Have I lost all the work I'd done recently? I've done a search for the filename of the scene I was working on but onlt found shortcuts to the files!? So have they gone? Where does P7 save my work?

Hope someone can shed some light

Rob

factor ( ) posted Thu, 12 July 2007 at 10:54 AM

Where does P7 save my work?
Well... as far as i know YOU save your Poserwork whereever YOU want!
It would be new to me if Poser saves automatically....

Instead of searching for a Filename like "MybeautyV3" do a complete Harddisk-search for .pz3
Sorry, can`t help.
Factor

Roberto_Segate ( ) posted Thu, 12 July 2007 at 10:58 AM

Hi,

Yes, I see what you mean. I wondered whether there was a default location. But a good idea to search for all .pz3 files, I'll give that a try now.

Thanks, sorry for the confusing post.

Rob

grichter ( ) posted Thu, 12 July 2007 at 12:31 PM

Before P7 Sr2 (I have not tried this since I upgraded) when you save a new figure or .obj file on a Mac it places in the root runtime using windows directory structure or / instead of :. You get some really really long file names as a result that include the / in the file name. Then you have to go back and place the .obj file where it needs to be and then edit the cr2. Not related to your problem it sounds, but others might have the same issue I had. Poser for some reason seems to place things were they should not go, at least on a Mac under P7 SR1.

Gary

"Those who lose themselves in a passion lose less than those who lose their passion"

Roberto_Segate ( ) posted Thu, 12 July 2007 at 1:08 PM

Yes, I see. The thing is I've checked over the whole PC and the last couple of things I worked with have simply vanished! Oh well, at least doing the stuff again helps me learn!

Thank

Rob

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.