Tue, Oct 22, 5:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Challenge Arena

Welcome to the Challenge Arena Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Challenge Arena F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:31 am)

Welcome to the

Challenge Arena

This forum is dedicated to learning, creating and pushing yourself to meet the
challenges that have been posted by other members of Renderosity.

Hope to see you here!

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: July/August Challenge Theme - CHAOS

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2007 at 2:24 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 5:28 AM

Attached Link: CHAOS

Since we had peace in June, I thought a little CHAOS might be in order for the next two months. Anything related to what you find at the link would be good, but here are the top definitions in case you don't want to click on it: 1. a state of utter confusion or disorder; a total lack of organization or order. 2. any confused, disorderly mass: a chaos of meaningless phrases. 3. the infinity of space or formless matter supposed to have preceded the existence of the ordered universe. 4. (initial capital letter) the personification of this in any of several ancient Greek myths. 5. *(Obsolete)* a chasm or abyss.

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

koosievantutte ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2007 at 3:16 PM

will try my hand at this one when i'm back from vacation in two weeks - and congratulations to you - ebots on peace gave up the ghost somehow :-(

"The light at the end of the tunnel may be an oncoming train"

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2007 at 3:23 PM · edited Fri, 06 July 2007 at 3:24 PM

Thanks. I know, I am not sure where they went to...

koosievantutte ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2007 at 3:29 PM

chaos?

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2007 at 4:00 PM

Hey, you may have hit on something there... ;'D

tresamie ( ) posted Fri, 06 July 2007 at 5:48 PM

Thanks, TwoPynts, for giving us a terrific new challenge!  This is a wonderful topic, it has so much potential, everyone can come up with something.

The Challenge begins immediately and will close to entries on August 27, 2007 at 11:59 PM Renderosity time.  Voting will begin then and last until August 30, 2007 at 11:59 PM Renderosity time.  I will total and announce the results on August 31, 2007. 

You may enter an existing work if you like, but we would prefer to see a new work created for this challenge... it IS a challenge after all, lol!  You may enter more than one work, but remember that in the voting, each entry will be judged separately.  You can use any software, pen, pencil, crayon, colors of any sort, words... anything that you wish.

OK, now go... and CREATE!!!

~Viv

Fractals will always amaze me!

alida ( ) posted Sat, 07 July 2007 at 5:38 AM · edited Sat, 07 July 2007 at 5:39 AM

file_382104.jpg

chaos?i ma not sure what you mean by it....some think it is  order:)

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sat, 07 July 2007 at 8:33 AM

Chaos?

I might be able to find some excess chaos around here!

;^)

gunsan ( ) posted Sun, 08 July 2007 at 2:48 PM · edited Sun, 08 July 2007 at 2:51 PM

file_382251.jpg

"The chaotic clock-time" As a happy retired lady of no time, I just look at what my image shows....and shiver ;LOL

Robin9058 ( ) posted Sun, 08 July 2007 at 4:46 PM

Attached Link: Recycle

Chaos in the recycle bin. 

If it isn't broken, don't fix it. 

http://www.fractalartnest.com 

TwoPynts ( ) posted Mon, 09 July 2007 at 12:41 PM

file_382376.jpg

**Rainbow Serpents** A little something new, just for this challenge. I thought long and hard about what would best embody chaos and eventually came up with this. It is a Dale Chihuly glass sculpture (yes, again) that I photographed and then tweaked the photo a bit more in Photoshop. Great entries so far!

alida ( ) posted Mon, 09 July 2007 at 4:34 PM · edited Mon, 09 July 2007 at 4:42 PM

file_382406.jpg

chaos has several forms.another entry

tresamie ( ) posted Mon, 09 July 2007 at 10:59 PM

Wow!  These are some great entries to start with!  Very creative  :)

~Viv

dragonsgate ( ) posted Tue, 10 July 2007 at 9:53 AM

file_382501.JPG

This is a painting on canvas I did a few years ago and just tweeked it in Corel Photopaint 8.  Funny thing is the name I gave the painting was Chaos

First entry for me.  Thanks. Pogo

TwoPynts ( ) posted Tue, 10 July 2007 at 10:33 AM

Superb work everyone!

kansas ( ) posted Wed, 11 July 2007 at 9:07 AM

Wonderful entries so far. I'll have to get busy and think up something.
Marion

hauksdottir ( ) posted Wed, 11 July 2007 at 12:46 PM · edited Wed, 11 July 2007 at 12:49 PM

file_382611.jpg

It's been so long since I've uploaded a gallery image that I got caught by the advisory question....  Are there naked singularities flirting in the starfields?  Would a violence tag protect one from the after-effects of the Big Bang?

My entry is "Window into Chaos".  I'll post the thumbnail here, with full sized image at the link.

I was undecided between 2 approaches, but will put this one into the Challenge and upload the other image tomorrow. 

Hi, Pogo!  Welcome to the Forum.  I'm glad that you found your way and decided to join in.  I couldn't nudge you without doing something myself, so thanks for that!

Kort, that's a lovely bit of glass... exuberant and cheerful and I surely hope it isn't hungry! ;^)

Some dancing fractals, too.  Nice! 

Is anybody going to try chaotic poetry?  I can't photograph my fridge, because all the words are grouped by type.  There must be some way to make them random, but strangely attractive.

Carolly

Hmmm... I can't see the link.  It's http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1479018

gunsan ( ) posted Wed, 11 July 2007 at 12:47 PM

file_382614.jpg

Too many in one place,(at least for me, the hermit)

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Wed, 11 July 2007 at 2:44 PM

Thanks you TwoPynts, looks very interesting challenge !!! I'm go to work that :)))
And very nice entry to all !!!

gunsan ( ) posted Wed, 11 July 2007 at 4:23 PM

file_382629.JPG

LOL  A little peek inside my head. Talk about chaos!!!

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Thu, 12 July 2007 at 11:09 AM

file_382684.JPG

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Thu, 12 July 2007 at 11:26 AM

file_382688.jpg

alida ( ) posted Thu, 12 July 2007 at 4:37 PM · edited Thu, 12 July 2007 at 4:40 PM

Attached Link: chaosdialida

another chaos  in apo

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 13 July 2007 at 3:27 PM

file_382787.jpg

**Violet Violence** I was thinking, 'what is more chaotic than an exploding firework?' 'Not much,' was my conclusion. Captured with my C8080wz on a tripod, clean up and enhancements in PhotoshopCS.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sat, 14 July 2007 at 7:12 AM

Attached Link: Birth of the Universe

file_382819.jpg

Kort,

I. Will. Not. Strangle. You.

Or maybe we'll just have to accept that great minds think alike.  Or something.

: sigh :

I finally finished the other version... after blurring and recutting the pieces, I had to resize them before recoloring.... which is closer to my original concept, except that red does seem chaotic whereas glorious cosmic purple just enfolds me with warm fuzzy feelings.  It is now in the gallery at the link (which might work this time (the forum software has certainly changed in the last year).

Chaos is now officially, well, and truly robed in purple explosions.

All,

One of these versions will make it into my cafepress store, replacing the snowflakes (it is summer, after all).  If you prefer racing stars to crisp stars, or radiant reds to soft purples, please leave a comment in the gallery, because I really don't know which approach is better.  Thanks!

Carolly

babuci ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2007 at 5:25 AM · edited Sun, 15 July 2007 at 5:28 AM

file_382917.jpg

Interesting entries, mine is a soft one, but stil a chaos, I think.

seeya  Tunde

TwoPynts ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 2:06 PM

Great additions Tunde, those feathers are indeed chaotic. :o) Sorry about that Carolly, heheheh. FWIW, I love the purple star. I agree that chaos should be robbed in regal purple. ;']

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sun, 22 July 2007 at 4:23 PM

Attached Link: playing with chaos

Last night I put up a mini-tut demonstrating how to turn an innocuous photograph of a quiet brown rock into wild and chaotic disruption of pixelated space.  True photographers might be outraged, but some photographs are more useful as stepping stones (pun intended).

I wouldn't feel quite right entering that gallery image into this contest, even though it truly fits the theme (and I'm certain that the missing ebots of the first comments followed the mysql butterfly into the ether).  However, the thread might help inspire someone who hasn't yet created something.  THIS is a great excuse to play with the bolder filters.

It was hard to concentrate (I'm a migrained-out dyslexic who can't touch-type), and the headache is hitting back today, so if there are any typos left, please ignore them.  I hope the sense of adventure and experimentation came through and perhaps a few more people will post entries.

Carolly

Robin9058 ( ) posted Mon, 23 July 2007 at 1:13 PM

If it isn't broken, don't fix it. 

http://www.fractalartnest.com 

Gog ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2007 at 6:18 AM

"As I watched the sorcerer he released from his hands the seeds of chaos. As they flew from his glowing palm they grew and spread across the universe, out to combat law, to create growth and change, or so I believed at the time...."

Background is NASA wallpaper, everything else is topmod and blender no post other then border.

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

Gog ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2007 at 6:20 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1487128

file_383720.jpg

"As I watched the sorcerer he released from his hands the seeds of chaos. As they flew from his glowing palm they grew and spread across the universe, out to combat law, to create growth and change, or so I believed at the time...."

Background is NASA wallpaper, everything else is topmod and blender no post other then border.

Bigger version in my gallery - smaller one here due to file size restrictions...

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

koosievantutte ( ) posted Tue, 07 August 2007 at 5:27 PM

somehow i missed a lot of chaos :lol: hope ebots behave better in future.
very fine images - thinking still about an image (a photo of my working space?)

babuci ( ) posted Tue, 07 August 2007 at 5:31 PM

file_384886.jpg

Here is my other Chaos entry.

seeya   Tunde

alida ( ) posted Wed, 08 August 2007 at 2:16 AM

file_384910.jpg

this theme  is interesting and stimulating

koosievantutte ( ) posted Wed, 08 August 2007 at 2:40 AM

file_384911.jpg

decided to add this to the chaos 😄

nexxus ( ) posted Mon, 20 August 2007 at 4:03 AM

Several photos of chaos in nature, overlayed and then filtered.

From chaos natural to chaos digital?

Love the other posts, not sure if mine is up to same standard as you guys but hey you never know if you don't try :)

Dick Cavett: "Do you consider yourself a disciplined guy? Do you get up every day and 'go to work'?"
Jimi Hendrix: "Well, yeah. I try to get up every day."

koosievantutte ( ) posted Mon, 20 August 2007 at 4:06 AM · edited Mon, 20 August 2007 at 4:07 AM

hard to judge, where is the picture? :lol:

nexxus ( ) posted Mon, 20 August 2007 at 4:11 AM

file_385817.jpg

Oops file size :) Ok here it is, really.

Dick Cavett: "Do you consider yourself a disciplined guy? Do you get up every day and 'go to work'?"

koosievantutte ( ) posted Mon, 20 August 2007 at 4:18 AM

ah, there it is. i like it very much, fine colours, makes me think of an opal.
and don't worry, posting it later just added to the chaos :biggrin:

hauksdottir ( ) posted Mon, 20 August 2007 at 5:48 AM

Neat!  That could be anything: bacterial colonies, space radiation, or indeed an opal. :)

jstro ( ) posted Tue, 21 August 2007 at 5:02 PM

E-mail Poetry
J. M. Strother

SEXUALLY-EXPLICIT: Re: Pictures of your ex wife        Shawn

Wow. I didn't even know I had an ex wife.
That Shawn guy must be something,
Knowing strange things about my life.
The things you learn via e-mail.        Amazing.

And then from Delores Horne I get:
Your friend has prepared for you to meet up with another friend.
Just go to this web site and see.
The FREE dating web site
CREATED BY WOMEN

Well, if it's created by WOMEN it must be good.
I'll ask my wife if I should sign up.
She'll know whether or not I should.
I think she'll say no.

Then Delores goes on to say:

Intrusive melvin corralled pulley
Harvest australia desist calla
Accipiter stocky barbarian airfoil
Typeset catharsis dolomite barge canny
Election bracelet any grain of sand
Sun concave polytechnic placid
Performance eerily draftsmen cartilage
Adele Rufus and I took vacuum cleaner
Moraine lester delicatessen.

Hmm, delicatessen sounds nice.

I like a good deli sandwich.
And my wife would go for that.
But just what is an  accipiter?

And then my good friend JeannieD
(I'm sure you know her too) says,

For example, near mortician indicates that near mastadon reach an understanding with
about chain saw.

Ooh, a mastodon with a chain saw.
Now that's a scary thought.
Fills me with shock and awe.

I have to ponder these wise words,
For I'm sure there is deep meaning here.

Why else would she send them?

~jon
My Blog - Mad Utopia Writing in a new era.

Gog ( ) posted Fri, 24 August 2007 at 9:20 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/index.php?image_id=1506904

file_386155.jpg

Another play with topmod to make 'Chaos Sphere'. linked image is larger res.

----------

tresamie ( ) posted Sat, 25 August 2007 at 11:42 PM

OK everyone, last call for entries!!  Let me know if you need more than 2 days.

~Viv

tresamie ( ) posted Tue, 28 August 2007 at 1:42 PM

What an amazing group of entries we have this month!  Thanks everyone for joining in to make this a terrific challenge.  It's now time to close the entries and let the voting begin!    You get to choose your 3 favorite entries, giving each of them 3, 2 or 1 points.  Remember, you are choosing an entry, not an artist.  If someone has posted more than one entry, you need to should look something like this:

Mandelbroindicate which is your choice. 

Your vote t - "Worlds of Chaos" - 3 points
Julia - "Spirals!" - 2 points
Whirled - "Peas" - 1 point

Feel free to nominate Honorable Mentions or make comments.

~Viv

Gog ( ) posted Tue, 28 August 2007 at 5:04 PM

Gunsan - Chaotic Clock - 3 points
Alida - final entry - 2 Points
TwoPynts - Rainbow Serpents - 1 Point

Great entries folks! HMs to babuci, Valerie and dragonsgate although every entry is good, tough choices to make

----------

koosievantutte ( ) posted Tue, 28 August 2007 at 5:19 PM · edited Tue, 28 August 2007 at 5:20 PM

valerie-ducom - 3 points
gunsan - chaotic clock time - 2 points
gog - chaos sphere - 1 point (for creating order from chaos :-)

honorable mentions to all, i love the entries and especially to babuci for the beautiful yellow/brown entry, but you do have to choose.

jstro ( ) posted Tue, 28 August 2007 at 8:20 PM

3pts – to babuci for “Here is my other Chaos entry.” A crisp image of chaos, as found in nature.

2pts – to gunsan for “The chaotic clock-time.” Interesting concept and great use of subtle tones.

1pt – to Valerie-Ducom for the untitled piece posted Thu, Jul 12, 2007 11:26 am. Great contrast and vivid coloration. The more you stare at this, the more it appears to be alive.

I enjoyed them all, but a tip 'o the hat to “Window Into Chaos” by hauksdottir, and “another entry” by alida. I love the stained glass effect over the background of Window Into Chaos, and the title simply ties it all together beautifully. The free flowing spirit of “another entry” just appeals to me. It is almost what I would imagine a fire sprite to look like.

Just one general suggestion to all. Titling your piece really helps, if for no other reason than identification purposes during voting. But more than that, a good title can actually be part of the work, as in “Window Into Chaos.” But then, I'm a writer, so I like titles. ;-)
~jon

~jon
My Blog - Mad Utopia Writing in a new era.

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Tue, 28 August 2007 at 8:36 PM

Babuci : 15/07m 5:28 am
Gunsan : the Chaotic Clock-time
Gog "Chaos Sphere"

nexxus ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2007 at 6:38 AM

babuci " my other chaos entry " - 3 points
valerie-ducom "untitled - Posted Thu, Jul 12, 2007 11:26 am" 2 points
gog " chaos sphere " - 1 points

I'm blown away, all these entries are incredible work, I feel a little like a small child in the land of giants :)

Desiderius ( ) posted Fri, 31 August 2007 at 7:45 PM

valerie-ducom 3 points
gog 2 points
twopynts 1 point

Valldi ( ) posted Sat, 01 September 2007 at 1:57 PM

valerie-ducom 3 points
alida "final entry" 2 points
gog 1 point

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.