Tue, Oct 22, 3:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Why is it?

PeeWee05 ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2007 at 8:52 AM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 3:35 PM

That the views in the photography gallery have dropped so much over time?

Some one like Jinet: excellent work, used to get over 100 views per shot, and he deserved them where as now days he's lucky to hit 50?

And you get people who have been here for a month or so getting over 100 views for something this is lets be honest, pretty poorly.

What's happening, when most of our STUNNING and talented artists left did they take good judgement with them.

Look I'm not moaning, I'm just fansitated at the way the whole mentality is changing...

Rights Come With Responsibilities VAMP'hotography Website VAMP'hotography Blog

cbender ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2007 at 10:21 AM

no idea...
but that "summer hole" is quite common... i know this from other sites too...
normally i keeps getting better in autumn again...  :)

apart from this... no idea...

cheers,
christian   

L8RDAZE ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2007 at 10:34 AM

You have to remember that RR is primarily a  3d Arts site!  Because of this,  there are now  ALOT of 3d artists here who have digital cameras.  Since many of the artists  have a "following" on the 3d side, it overflows to the Photo-gallery too. 

There are other reasons probably too. For many vacation/holiday time/real world commitments are a factor.   Gettin wrapped up in view/comment count is counter productive (pardon the pun)  as there will always be images you personally feel deserve more attention but don't....while the image posted right next to it with a nudity or content advisory racks'em up (y'know the T&A factor)  Hey, its just the nature of the beast!

Just enjoy and learn from those that INSPIRE YOU!!! 

My 2 cents...and some pocket lint 8)
Joe

PeeWee05 ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2007 at 11:03 AM

Well the 3D artists spilling ove makes a lot of sense as they would spend more time in the 3D galleries.

I know about the summer hole, but the less views where they should be have been over a long tie not just with the good weather, but I hear you.

awjay ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2007 at 12:07 PM

*im pleased with any views .... :)......
ive never had masses and i never expect any so im pleased with the ones i get....

james*

viper ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2007 at 12:21 PM

Viewings  and comments never really make much sence to me, its all really in the eye of the beholder, oh and the clicks.

PeeWee05 ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2007 at 2:56 PM

It bothers me that people who should be recognised are not.

cbender ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2007 at 3:05 PM

well... it's sad but you won't change that i guess...

e.g. is someone starts to make "complicated" pics - or pics that are "unusual" in some way...  not easy to look at... however - different from the mainstream it's getting hard...
so some people are nor regocnized... in spite they maybe are brilliant photographers...

danob ( ) posted Sun, 15 July 2007 at 3:08 PM

Hmm I agree that many members dont get the recognition much of this is due to the same reasons that therehas been a lull in the forum.. If people are not looking they are not commenting which perhaps is more value to the member than looking at the work.. I always try to comment at deserving work regardless... I  agree with what Joe had to say

Danny O'Byrne  http://www.digitalartzone.co.uk/

"All the technique in the world doesn't compensate for the inability to notice" Eliott Erwitt

olivier158 ( ) posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 2:39 PM

it's always the same problem ....

I'm working really hard on my last serie of pic, and i have just some comments.

It's hard to admit that :os But if you post nudity, yes you will have plenty of comments. Human is like that lol

I agree with cbender & danonb - we cannot change anything about it... just wait better days !

Did you see the number of artists Peewee ? 4 hours ago, it was more than 4250 ! i never saw this before... ..

yep... i think you're right, there is somethnig a little bit strange :o?

see ya ;o)

girsempa ( ) posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 3:10 PM

It's strange, because I noticed something:
Not so long ago (last year), in the 'good old days', the number of artists online fluctuated between 1600 and 2400.
Now, in spite of the 'calm summer period', the number of artists online goes from 3600 to 4500... that's about the double.
And yet there are less views..? Could this indicate a change in attitude..?
More artists online and yet less views... certainly something to ponder about...

I also noticed something else... a dramatic and steady drop of artistic quality in the photography gallery... and the few noteworthy images aren't being noticed or recognised as such... maybe that has something to do with it..? Let's face it, apart from the overpowering 'buddy visits', the photography gallery has lost much of its appeal to any serious lover of fine and creative art. As for me, I can only find a handful of images a week that are both (moderately) creative and decently photographed... if I'm lucky. That's not much to attract interested visitors.

Another thread, started by Kort, mentioned that the activity in the photography forum has dropped dramatically. Speaking for myself, I can only say that I spend much less time on Rendo than I used to... simply because I don't find it that much interesting, attractive or inspiring anymore. And I know, and we all know, that there are a lot like me...

We do not see things as they are. ǝɹɐ ǝʍ sɐ sƃuıɥʇ ǝǝs ǝʍ

TwoPynts ( ) posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 3:32 PM

The artists online counter also counts the number of unregistered visitors to the site I believe. I could be wrong though, but I am fairly sure they are included. Unregistered visitors can't leave comments. Just checking the Who's Online link in the Features tab, it shows 3415 visitors on Renderosity at the moment.

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

girsempa ( ) posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 3:51 PM

3415... That's still about the double amount of last year's visitors, Kort...

TwoPynts ( ) posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 3:54 PM

Double what I saw online last week as well.

girsempa ( ) posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 3:58 PM · edited Tue, 17 July 2007 at 4:00 PM

Maybe the numbers got messed up... :unsure:

Edit: that smilie looks kinda weird on the new background..;o))

PeeWee05 ( ) posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 4:12 PM

I totally agree with Gert, there has been a HUGE drop in artistic talent and quality.

WHat can we do to ge that back?

TwoPynts ( ) posted Tue, 17 July 2007 at 4:23 PM

I started a new thread that may hopefully spark some ideas. Yes, the smilies now look like they are breaking throug the surface of the web page. ;']

babuci ( ) posted Wed, 18 July 2007 at 3:58 AM

I totaly agree with Geert. Not many FINE art here, I noticed a quality shifting downwards in a whole gallery. Unfortunatly great photographres not posting daily  to keep a quality of the gallery in ballance. 
About a summer holiday thing. Some artist receive 45+ comments others hardly any and they thumbnail next to each others. This thing nothing to do with summer I can tell you that.
This was my 5cent

seeyus  Tunde

Onslow ( ) posted Wed, 18 July 2007 at 5:01 AM · edited Wed, 18 July 2007 at 5:03 AM

I wonder if others find it as insulting as I do to have their postings here referred to as a falling standard and be regarded as having little or no merit.

What a pity some photography members seem to have forgotten about the mission statement above, maybe that is the reason for the falling viewing figures, or maybe it is the elitist attitude of some that puts people off posting or commenting.

And every one said, 'If we only live,
We too will go to sea in a Sieve,---
To the hills of the Chankly Bore!'
Far and few, far and few, Are the lands where the Jumblies live;
Their heads are green, and their hands are blue, And they went to sea in a Sieve.

Edward Lear
http://www.nonsenselit.org/Lear/ns/jumblies.html

olivier158 ( ) posted Wed, 18 July 2007 at 5:01 AM

i confirm ....

difficult today to find really great art photography... and always the same : some members receives tons of views and comments, others just few view and comments. But this does not reflect the real quality of the pic !
from a pic posted this morning, i've got 3 views :'o(

it's really not pleasant and motivating... i'm not sure RR is still the best way to work hard on art photography....

c ya
oli

Gog ( ) posted Wed, 18 July 2007 at 5:26 AM

Quote - Well the 3D artists spilling ove makes a lot of sense as they would spend more time in the 3D galleries.

Sorry, but although my main vent is 3d 😊, I'm not going away :biggrin: , I'm gonna keep bugging you guys on how to make my photo's better too

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

TomDart ( ) posted Wed, 18 July 2007 at 7:15 AM

Gog, you will still find plenty to hear your bugging and assist.  It has not failed once for me.  That is one true value of this site.

Another true value is that there ARE many fine photographers here and a few who are truly outstanding by all rights.   I miss many of their images when viewing, sometimes catch one..that is how it goes.

awjay ( ) posted Wed, 18 July 2007 at 8:33 AM

i try my best  ..... honest ...... :(

babuci ( ) posted Wed, 18 July 2007 at 7:12 PM

@Richard...You actualy belong to the "great photographers whos not uploading daily" I don't see how insulting is that? but you know you a pro photographer ....and a happy snappers knows their image blury. I am not mentioning composition or pick a cool subject  it is something what need to learn. Sure we all here to share our photographs,it  doesnt mean some poorly taken will not effect a " Photography Galery " quality. I know it is not required to post daily  to be a member here  I just wish to see more realy good photos than a holiday snaps. 

sorry if I was insulting anybody and for any discomfort

seeya  Tunde

Ionel ( ) posted Wed, 18 July 2007 at 8:27 PM

Why the world is not perfect!?!  

awjay ( ) posted Thu, 19 July 2007 at 8:29 AM

well that should encorage people to improve and post more....
no different than any other photo posting room i come across....

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.