Wed, Sep 18, 1:01 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 7:39 am)

Subject: Would a remapped V4 to V3 be a commercially viable proposition?

dphoadley ( ) posted Wed, 13 June 2007 at 11:17 PM

file_380094.jpg

For those who haven't seen my latest finished figure, the P4Duke3, here he is; I've posed him with a scene from my homeland Israel in DAZ Cyclorama.

The face is the Duke morph is by BastBlack for the P4NudeMan (available here in Freestuff).

The skin texture is the Heike for Michael 3 by XTX. It used to be available here in freestuff, but the link has gone dead. Maybe somebody can fix it, because this is a very good texture.

Hair is from Kozaburo.

The loincloth is a leapard texture applaid to P4DukeM3's now remapped alternate hip. (I've given it, its own material zone, so that one can use it in a more natural way than before, for those more decorous renders, and without having to do major surgery to the texture maps).

The knife is a Questor freebie available in Daz's freestuff.

I've really gotten to like this figure, since I've worked so hard on him

Yours truly,
David P. Hoadley

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

nickedshield ( ) posted Wed, 13 June 2007 at 11:25 PM

Looks very nice, you made Dork a highly useable figure.

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

Faery_Light ( ) posted Wed, 13 June 2007 at 11:38 PM

I think it's a great idea. I am a texture maker and I really don't want to go and re-fit my V3 textures to V4 as a retail product. I prefer to make all new textures. But if someone wants to swap back and forth, I'd either have to make them as a product or David's remapped set would work fine. Do I think it will lose me sales? No, I think people will still buy what they like and more so if they can swap easier. So... Go David, go!!! :thumbupboth:

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

Latexluv ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2007 at 2:38 PM

I think its a great idea! I'd also be interested if someone swapped out V4's head for V3. V4 has a lovely body (so did Aiko 3), but I'm not happy with the head, it's morphing seems limited to me. Same case was with Aiko, the "Realistic" Morph just really doesn't do what it says. Head swapping would be great for both figures.

"A lonely climber walks a tightrope to where dreams are born and never die!" - Billy Thorpe, song: Edge of Madness, album: East of Eden's Gate

Weapons of choice:

Poser Pro 2012, SR2, Paintshop Pro 8

lkendall ( ) posted Mon, 18 June 2007 at 6:54 PM · edited Mon, 18 June 2007 at 6:55 PM

6/18/07

David:

How about Victoria 423?

LMK

Probably edited for spelling, grammer, punctuation, or typos.

dphoadley ( ) posted Fri, 13 July 2007 at 12:41 PM · edited Fri, 13 July 2007 at 12:42 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_382778.jpg

Half of V4.1's body remapped. DPH

dphoadley ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 3:47 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity, profanity

file_383002.jpg

Right Collarand breast remapped.  Looks like some adjustment is need as to the exact placement of the nipple.  Progress is slow, but steady. DPH PS: For those who want to know, the texture is Mariny's Adela 2nd skin for V3.  She gave it away this last Christmas as a freebie.

kobaltkween ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 4:39 AM

go, david, go!

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 5:12 AM

Looking good!  Keep up the good work!

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!   

PabloS ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 7:32 AM

I'm watching this thread with great interest!  Somehow, the current "inventory" of V4 textures aren't doing it for me ... I'd sure love to be able to use some of my V3 favorites!

Thanks David for the monumental effort!

dphoadley ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 8:23 AM · edited Mon, 16 July 2007 at 8:24 AM

Quote - I'm watching this thread with great interest!  Somehow, the current "inventory" of V4 textures aren't doing it for me ... I'd sure love to be able to use some of my V3 favorites!

Thanks David for the monumental effort!

I'm not surprised.  The advantage of the V4 mapping is that the thighs, arms, and nipples, can be rendered in greater & higher detail, but it is at a terrible price in my opinion.  What has be sacrificed is the trerritorial integrity of the texture itself.  Instead, it's been broken up into little automonous fiefs, disjointed from each other.  I can't even begin to imagine making a comprehensive texture under such conditions.
David P. Hoadley

Rodma_Hu ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 11:42 AM

Yes.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 11:49 AM

Simple answer, David, yes, I'd buy it.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

kobaltkween ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 1:54 PM

Quote - I think its a great idea! I'd also be interested if someone swapped out V4's head for V3. V4 has a lovely body (so did Aiko 3), but I'm not happy with the head, it's morphing seems limited to me. Same case was with Aiko, the "Realistic" Morph just really doesn't do what it says. Head swapping would be great for both figures.

ooops, just really noticed this.  kamilche's free Shapeshifter script (bottom of the page)  will swap heads with figures that have the same mesh.  so, all the unimesh figures can exchange heads, v1, v2 and the mill kids can exchange heads with each other,  etc.  so you can put v3's head on aiko's body, and transfer the morphs over, if you want.

drifterlee ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 2:51 PM

I think it's a great idea. I hardly ever use the male charcters but I have lots of V3 character textures I would love to use on V4. A real money saver, too.

RAMWorks ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 3:04 PM
Online Now!

I totally agree with you David.  Getting my very first full texture pack out for Vittorio was a nightmare in the beginning figureing out the seams.  What a pain in @SS that was!! 

Looking better and better and looking forward to the final product!!! :-)

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

crucibelle ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 5:34 PM · edited Mon, 16 July 2007 at 5:35 PM

I will definitely be buying this when it becomes available.  Samildanach's V3 textures are among my favorites and it will be great to be able to use them with V4! :biggrin:

drifterlee ( ) posted Mon, 16 July 2007 at 5:53 PM

I will buy it, too!!!! Good luck, Dave!

dphoadley ( ) posted Sat, 21 July 2007 at 3:41 PM

file_383528.jpg

V4.1's body three quarters remapped. DPH

JOELGLAINE ( ) posted Sat, 21 July 2007 at 5:41 PM

Are the hands all that's Left?  It looks pretty finished from the picture!

I cannot save the world. Only my little piece of it. If we all act together, we can save the world.--Nelson Mandela
An  inconsistent hobgoblin is the fool of little minds
Taking "Just do it" to a whole new level!   

dphoadley ( ) posted Sat, 21 July 2007 at 9:13 PM

Hands, Head, lower Right Leg, Finger and Toenails, Eyebrows (?) and Lashes, Teeth.
DPH

RAMWorks ( ) posted Sat, 21 July 2007 at 9:18 PM
Online Now!

WOW!!  Really coming along David.  Very excited!!! :)

---Wolff On The Prowl---

My Store is HERE

My Freebies are HERE  

crucibelle ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2007 at 9:07 PM

I'm really excited, too.  Way to go, David! :)

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2007 at 10:17 PM

shhh - don't interrupt him. let him work

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

dphoadley ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2007 at 4:40 AM · edited Thu, 26 July 2007 at 4:42 AM

file_383921.jpg

Remap of main body complete.  Now remains the Head, the Hands, Fingernails, Toenails, Eyes, Eyebrows, Tongue, and Teeth. Still a way to go, but hopefully the worst is behind us. DPH The 2ns skin is Mariny's Adela for V3.  It was a christmas freebie that I downloaded for Neja, and have since used on PosetteV3.  Now I use in on Victoria 4.1.

dphoadley ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2007 at 4:43 AM

file_383922.jpg

The garter is a little rough, but I think that that is something that we'll have to live with.  V4.1's mesh is vastly different from wither Posette or V3.  It isn't a just a series of regular, rectangular polygons.  Rather it has eddies and swirls through out. DPH

dphoadley ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2007 at 4:43 AM

file_383923.jpg

Here's a closeup of the troublesome garter.  I'll try to even it out some more, but I'm afraid that it'll be a case the more that it's improved, the worse it gets. DPH

dphoadley ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2007 at 4:44 AM

file_383924.jpg

Details of stockinged legs. DPH

dphoadley ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2007 at 4:44 AM

file_383925.jpg

Details of breasts. DPH

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.