Tue, Oct 22, 12:40 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 11:57 pm)

Subject: Poser Movie: Star Trek Aurora, Part 2 now available

tvining ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2007 at 6:31 AM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:31 AM

file_383420.jpg

Part 2 of Star Trek: Aurora, a fully CG-animated movie created in Poser & Cinema 4D, is now available at: http://www.auroratrek.com Check it out!--Tim

Penguinisto ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2007 at 9:12 AM

It's a cool idea and all, but I'm curious... how d'ya avoid the trademark police? (Paramount Studios owns the franchise, IIRC). /P

tvining ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2007 at 9:24 AM

There are actually a bunch of Trek fan films out there (New Voyags, Exeter, Hidden Frontier, Farragut, etc.)--Paramount is cool as long as you don't profit from your work.

jonnybode ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2007 at 9:42 AM

Hi Tvinning!

At last its here :-)

When you released part 1 (whom I like very much) I was able to get it at a higher resolution and in .mov, do you have that for part 2 as well?

Regards / Jonny

tvining ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2007 at 9:49 AM

Thanks! Yes, it's available in mov, wmv, iPod & Flash--so many choices! (What was the resolution you got it in before? I think I moved that around a little.)--Tim

jonnybode ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2007 at 9:52 AM

Hi Tvining!

I cant tell what resolution as my player VLC wont tell me, the file is 209Mb in size if that helps ;-)

Regards / Jonny

tvining ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2007 at 9:56 AM

Yowch, that must be full size! I may make that available later--right now I'm getting a lot of traffic, so I think I should limit the file size a little. I'll let you know when I make it available. As is, the mov and wmv files are 480x288, which is pretty good size.--Tim

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2007 at 10:02 AM

Attached Link: http://www.auroratrek.com

Just making the link Clickable:

tvining ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2007 at 10:15 AM

Thanks, LostInSpaceman--I didn't notice my link wasn't clickable--d'oh!

Mogwa ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2007 at 11:20 AM

Commercial quality work. Well done. Want more!

scanmead ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2007 at 12:05 PM

The story just gets better and better! The detail in facial expressions is wonderful to watch.. and for those who haven't seen it, the last bit is just incredible in animation, lighting and textures. Bravo!

jonnybode ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2007 at 1:44 PM

Hi Tvining!

Thats quite understandable, ill wait some time and see if you release the high resolution version.

When watching something good I like the quality as nice as possible, and your film rocks :-)

Regards / Jonny

Dale B ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2007 at 3:47 PM

Excellent work.

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2007 at 10:04 PM

"I LIKE it!" - Bad guy, Robocop...;)

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Fri, 20 July 2007 at 10:44 PM ยท edited Fri, 20 July 2007 at 10:49 PM

Hrmm... What am I doing wrong? Once again, I can barely hear the vulcan chick's dialogue in the frist couple of scenes. Does she suffer from larengitus? I hear her captain and all the sound effects just fine but I have to blast my speakers up to hear her. Everything else is WOW! ๐Ÿ˜‰

The Bar scene was hilarious! "Soak in the atmosphere!" :blink: :lol:

hdaggers ( ) posted Sat, 21 July 2007 at 10:02 AM

I'm totally sucked in.

Great pacing...
Many nice looking scenes in this installment. Very inspiring work.

tvining ( ) posted Sat, 21 July 2007 at 10:09 AM

Thanks, all! I'm glad you liked Part 2.

Lostinspaceman: I've heard from a few other people that some of the Vulcan's dialog is hard to hear, particularly in the first part--I think it's due both that her voice is low-pitched, so some speakers lose some of that, and also I pushed some of the sound left and right to give a "stereo" effect. It seems to work better on headphones, and less good on some speakers. I may need to adjust that at some point.

Thanks again--Tim

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Sat, 21 July 2007 at 10:21 AM

That's weird. My speakers are stereo. I would think I'd hear her from one side or the other. It was just the first two scenes I think. After that no problems. All in all though? I'm hooked! Hurry up on the next installment! ๐Ÿ˜‰

PapaBlueMarlin ( ) posted Sat, 21 July 2007 at 12:39 PM

This part of the video seems to be skipping for me.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.