Wed, Oct 2, 10:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: Stitching Together Failed Network Render

Kaji ( ) posted Mon, 23 July 2007 at 12:10 PM · edited Sat, 04 November 2023 at 9:01 AM

My Vue likes to complete a network render but sit at 100% and not stitch together the tiles it generated... It's getting rather annoying. Is there a way to put them together to make a completed image? I tried opening them up in Photoshop but it doesn't seem to recognize the file format.

bruno021 ( ) posted Mon, 23 July 2007 at 12:25 PM

What's in your scene? Is it a big render? With a spectral atmosphere?
I don't think you can stitch the tiles together in a paint program, because they are not an image yet.

chippwalters ( ) posted Mon, 23 July 2007 at 2:08 PM

I think HyperVue does some post processing of the image (aka "Lens Blur") after the tiles are stitched together. On my machine it does take longer to process the tiles if I've added post proccessing. On a very large image, this can take a few minutes.

HTH, Chipp

Kaji ( ) posted Mon, 23 July 2007 at 2:12 PM

I think it's a bug. It's happened on an image that was only about 1000x1000 and I left it running over night... after 9 hours it still said 100%.

This particular one was 1920x1200 with a standard atmosphere and standard illumination, took 38 minutes and sat there for an hour at 100%.

chippwalters ( ) posted Mon, 23 July 2007 at 2:32 PM

Yup, sounds like a bug to me. You might try sending in a bug report to e-on with the file in question.

best,
Chipp

Jonj1611 ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2007 at 3:09 AM

Are you running Vista? If so make sure you are running Vue in Administrator mode before starting any Hypervue renders.

Jon

DA Portfolio - http://jonj1611.daportfolio.com/

Kaji ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2007 at 6:04 AM

Yeah... I have Vista on the rendering box. I turned off UAC so it wouldn't bother me anymore, but it was already set to run as administrator.

Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't, so my guess is it is a "feature"... I mean bug ;)

Kaji ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 6:04 PM

From our good friends at e-on, this is how you do it:

To recover .tmp tile files, please run Vue with the following command line option:

Vue 6 Infinite.exe -t"[PATH TO YOUR DIRECTORY HOLDING TMP FILES]"

for example, if your tmp files are in "c:/TmpFilesDir", you have to launch Vue with:

Vue 6 Infinite.exe -t"c:/TmpFilesDir/"

Make sure you have a trailing slash on the directory name or it will not work! It took me about five times to get it right.

chippwalters ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 7:00 PM

What do you mean "recover .tmp files"? Does this stitch them all together? With or w/out post effects?

Kaji ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 7:06 PM

This is making the HyperVue tmp files into bmp files. You'll have to put them together in Photoshop yourself. I don't use post effects so I'm not sure what happens with those.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.