Sun, Oct 6, 5:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:40 pm)

Subject: Poser 4 (gasp). Problem with memory I think.

lemur01 ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2007 at 9:33 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 3:37 AM

Yes, some of us old farts still use P4. Anyway, opened it up as usual and three quarters of the working window is white. When i try to render i (eventually) get the old 'out of memory' message. I've played around with increasing the virtual memory but still no joy. I've even installed P4 onto a seperate drive but i get the same thing. Any gurus out there got an idea as to what's going on?

Jules53757 ( ) posted Tue, 24 July 2007 at 10:38 AM

Look at e-frontier for the memory update for more then 1 GByte of memory (RAM and virtual). May be this solves the problem.

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

EnglishBob ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 6:32 AM

Attached Link: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/FileAndDisk/PageDefrag.mspx

Have you changed anything on your PC (I assume it *is* a PC)? Check out the memory updater if you've added RAM. The other thing that seems critical is the health of your virtual memory page swap file. I eventually put mine on a separate partition to everything else; how you do this will depend on your version of Windows. I do hope it isn't '95. ;P Whether or not you move your page file, I'd recommend Sysinternal's pagedefrag. Normal defragmentation doesn't touch the page file, or several other essential bits of disk space. Pagedefrag will keep your PC healthy.

Nance ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 7:38 AM

Cool app.  Can't believe it is not INCLUDED with XP.   Thanks for the link EBob.

EnglishBob ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 8:24 AM

Sysinternals used to be an independent site, but I think Microsoft took them on board because they apparently know more about how Windows works than Microsoft do. :D Mark Russinovich was the man who identified the "root kit" on some Sony CDs' copy protection.

lemur01 ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 11:00 AM

Thanks folks, i'll try any and all of it... once i get 5 mins to myself sigh.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.