Mon, Jul 8, 9:39 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jul 08 7:07 am)

Subject: yet another clothroom question from a newbie

RedPhantom ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 10:06 PM · edited Sun, 23 June 2024 at 12:21 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

I'm wanting to have a sheet cover furniture. I figure the best way to do this would be to use the cloth room but I'm doing somehting wrong and I'm too much of a newbie to figure it out.  What I'm doing is 1. create a new simulation  2. I clothify 3 run calculations attached are the settings I used.

I've tried having the the chair move into the sheet. The sheet move into the the chair. Both move into each other. Neither moving.  When the props were moving I've tried setting the draping start frame before and after the the posing frame. I've checked the checked the collision detection and its all on.

Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong?

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

Today I break my own personal record for the number of days for being alive.
Check out my store here or my free stuff here
I use Poser 13 and win 10

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 25 July 2007 at 10:15 PM

Have you tried checking "cloth self collision" and having the sheet collide against the table?

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

RGUS ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2007 at 1:23 AM

You also need to select the object to collide with under "Add/Remove" select the object to collide with.

urbanarmitage ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2007 at 3:08 AM

OT I know but RGUS, just gotta love your avatar! Classic! :lol:

RGUS ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2007 at 3:13 AM · edited Thu, 26 July 2007 at 3:14 AM

Well thanks mate.. it really comes from being a bum man at heart... but back to the simulation... um... dunno what else but maybe it isn't gravity.. maybe the earth sucks!!!

EnglishBob ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2007 at 4:35 AM

Just position the cloth directly above the chair, and allow it to fall under the influence of gravity - nothing needs to be moved during your simulation, but do make sure you have allowed enough time for things to happen. What does actually happen when you run the simulation? Cloth doesn't move, or not enough? - try adding more frames, or reduce the cloth density so it will fall faster. Cloth falls through chair? - check your "collide against" settings. Something else? Post a screen shot of the results, and someone will come up with an answer!

RetroDevil ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2007 at 9:08 AM

file_383934.jpg

sorry to butt in! i have a cloth room problem also and thought it best to post it here rather than a new thread!

Ive tried different seetings on this simulation but i kep getting a simmilar effect does anyone know what this might be so i can concentrate my efforts in the correct area!?

My Gallery

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2007 at 9:18 AM
Site Admin Online Now!

Here is what happened when I don't have anything moving and am using 100 frames. The one corner stays up in the air.

The chair is selected under the add/remove for colision...it's called winger (i didn't name it) adding more frames caused the cloth to start flying away and the simulation fails at 154 frames.  Checking "cloth self collision" doesn't help either.  Any other suggestions?

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader Monster of the North and The Shimmering Mage

EnglishBob ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2007 at 9:22 AM

The cloth looks curious - is it the Poser hi-res square, or some other prop - and if the latter, is it double sided? The cloth room doen't play well with double sided objects. I'd also check that corner to make sure it isn't constrained, or choreographed, or... (waving my arms a bit, here)

SYNTRIFID ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2007 at 10:16 AM

Definitely looks double sided, the dark areas generally come from opposite normals occupying the same space. And the hanging point indeed looks like it made it's way into a constrained group.

Hit the grouping tool in the cloth room, with "default group" in the window, click "Add All". see if that helps any..

Hey! His nose is dry! ... Someone should lick it,  just in case. - Diego

RedPhantom ( ) posted Thu, 26 July 2007 at 7:58 PM
Site Admin Online Now!

OK I tried a onesided square from poser. That worked sooo much better. Thank you all sooo much for your help.

svdl ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 3:25 AM

RetroDevil: The cloth of the sleeves gets bunched up in the crooks of her elbows.
A few tips that might help:

• make sure that there are enough frames between zero pose and final pose. 30 should do the job.
  • Don't "drape from zero pose", start with the figure in zero pose (all morphs at zero too) on frame 1, the final pose on frame 30 (plus morphs). Play the animation slowly, check for self-intersection of limbs. Set tye number of drape frames to zero.
  • Set the collision depth and collision offset to low values, 0.2 each should do the trick
  • Set the static friction to 0.2, the dynamic friction to 0.05.
    -  Check "object vertex against cloth polygon" and "object polygon against cloth polygon"
  • Increase the number of steps per frame to 5

And if nothing helps, unckeck "Cloth self-collision).

Hope this helps.

The pen is mightier than the sword. But if you literally want to have some impact, use a typewriter

My gallery   My freestuff

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.