Sat, Oct 5, 10:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 9:59 am)

Subject: Food Fight!!! Wanna collaborate? We want YOU!

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 4:21 PM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 10:29 AM

While we've been playing in that 'wanna fight' thread couple people suggested (and encouraged me via PM's) to post and see if anyone would be interested in collaborating on a fun little project.

We're thinking about making a scene, or a series of scenes us forumites having a food fight with one another. It would be cute to illustrate someone squirting canned cheese on my whiskers, or someone stuffing Xeno's pockets with strawberry shortcakes, or whatever we can think of. (Perhaps we should keep it relatively PG, and not malicious or violent, but cutesy and friendly) Perhaps with a little bit of caricature included about how we see each other, or self caricature... Like I said, we should keep it on the friendly side!!!

First couple of ideas follow:

One way to do it may be for people to create a character of two (of themselves) doing something, save it as a pose, pz3 etc... and then couple of people whom have most of the content (so we don't get into mesh copyrights issues) would pull it together in a scene or two or three... perhaps a food fight in a high school or a college type dining area...  Then people can render various vignettes from it.

Another way would be to have people (one or two or so at a time) take one liner or so from a food fight, and make a rendering of it. Then they could be put together in a sort of a comic strip format.  Perhaps we could all agree on using the same or similar background prop, schoolyard or some sort of a dining hall, or a rendo forum classroom...
Could have animation too.

Anyway, this is all at the idea level, so if this sparks your interest, or gives you more (and hopefully better ideas) please chime in!  We could have some fun making this, and at the same time comparing notes on various technical aproaches and artistic expression... and, I hope "promote community atmosphere' (how's that for sounding like a commercial)

I'm thinking this is likely to be an ongoing thing, without deadlines and obligations to mess up the fun!

lick-lick I'm still licking that cheese off my whiskers...   
meowthinks think I need to slip someone a spoonful of peanut butter as payback!

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

nickedshield ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 5:27 PM

sounds like it could be very funny.

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 5:29 PM

Count me in.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

jjroland ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 5:45 PM

Me too!

I am:  aka Velocity3d 

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 6:25 PM

Let's have a bit of a discussion what we wanna use for a backdrop...
Something that's already been created? A product someone really likes and would recommend ?? Something we want to create/put together ourselves?

It may be tricky with a product, don't wanna make people buy stuff just so they can participate, but who knows, maybe we find a good freebie, or something most people already have...

What do you guys think? What should we have for a backdrop?
And whomever wants to participate... think of making your alter ego character for Rendo (in case you haven't already)... You know, like something in an RPG...

In my case, it'll be some sort of a cat... I think... Fat Cat perhaps ;)

jjroland ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 6:40 PM

Well pjz already made me for me - not sure what else I would be.

There is a hospital cafeteria in freestuff that might work well.  It comes actually with the cafeteria scene and a hospital room.  The props from the room worked well for me.

Just a suggestion.

pakled ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 6:52 PM

I made a ravioli recently..;) obj if you want it...

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

jwhitham ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 6:55 PM

Quote - I made a ravioli recently..;) obj if you want it...

Is the pasta machine included? Will it work with Posette?

nickedshield ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 7:40 PM

The hospital cafeteria sounds good. Just the place one wouldn't expect a food fight :) As far as character, just call me UG.

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 8:14 PM

Hrmmm...Provide links to any content that's free and needed or maybe someone can render a cafeteria backdrop and share that with all the participants? 

Acadia ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 8:25 PM

I can help search out freebies.  But my creativity is pretty non-existent, so I won't be making any renders. I'm actually taking a bit of a break from Poser right now. Haven't opened it up in 3 or 4 weeks.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

stormchaser ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 8:42 PM

Yeah, I'll give it a go, sounds like it could be a really good laugh! We can have fun while creating it, and who knows, we may have a masterpiece at the end of it!

Quote - It comes actually with the cafeteria scene and a hospital room. 

I think we're going to need that hospital room the way you lot carry on!

Just to add. I may have my internet cut off anytime soon, so if at some stage I just disappear, I hope you all understand. It could be a long time before I'm able to come back here, which is probably why I'm spending so much time on here at the moment! Hope this means I can still join in?

OK, enough of my boring news. Regarding our caricatures. I think it's best if the group creates them of each other rather than ourselves doing ourselves, if you understand me. It's late here, LOL!

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 8:48 PM

Maybe a cyclorama type background? I think just about everyone has a cyclorama?
If not, some sort of a polygon amphetheather/backdrop to hold an image can be easily modelled...

I suppose someone can set up a scene, and then render a series of images to put into a cyclorama for other participants to use?

Everyone is welcome!

Yea, making caricatures of others can be a lot of fun too :D

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 8:51 PM

There's the free Cyclorama that came with Poser 6 & 7. 

jjroland ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 9:08 PM

Stormchaser I vote you to make mine then - with the characters you make Im sure to be happy with it!

Good luck with the internet stuffs, hope that works itself out.

stormchaser ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 9:17 PM

Thanks JJ. I'm hoping my stay away won't be too long, I'll miss the laughs we have here.
I'll be happy to make your character. I promise to not have you tied to a post though. Unless you want me to! 😉

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 9:23 PM

oh, no, stormchaser!  Well, I hope you don't have to leave, but if you do, you're welcome back any time... and we'll miss you while you're gone! :(

stormchaser ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 9:31 PM

Thanks Connie, that means alot. I'll miss this place. I've come on here most days since I joined in Feb 06. I never thought I'd be having a laugh with like minded people thousands of miles away. None of my friends are into art, well, some are p!ss artists, but that's another story, LOL!

My mind's busy now thinking of some of these scenes. It's 3-30 in the morning & the dog won't let me have a lie in!

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 9:38 PM

Hope you get your net connection sorted out soon, mate.  I was offline for a year and only recently got back.

My Store

My Gallery

stormchaser ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 9:41 PM

Thanks. Sam, that's a long time to be away. Was it big life changes that got in the way? Sorry if it's personal.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 9:52 PM

Well, kinda.  Money, or the lack thereof.  Had to have me phone disconnected.

My Store

My Gallery

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 9:55 PM

Someone's gotta do a render of Acadia the queen of links sitting in a bucket full of ice cream and ice cubes, fanning herself off, and flicking links at unsuspecting food-fighters... to keep them in line :)

stormchaser ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 9:56 PM

Sorry about that, I know what it's like. Money problems here too. It's a good job I don't watch tv anymore because the rented telly will probably have to go as well.

stormchaser ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 9:58 PM

Connie - We'll also have to throw buckets of water over Acadia as well as if she's on a boat, LOL!
Read Acadia's movie thread to understand this one.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 10:10 PM

Maybe the bucket can float around a large stormy pool (with bad water special effects) with couple of cabana boys showering her with chilled bottled water ;)

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 10:23 PM

And there's a lot of really nice shaders by bagginsbill (wood, water drops, cloth, cataloupe skin) that I can't wait to try on this.   I wonder if BagginsBill can make a strawberry skin shader, together with the little seeds!

stormchaser ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 10:27 PM

"strawberry skin shader"

Is that what SSS really stands for?!!

drifterlee ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 11:34 PM

remember the food fight in Animal House?

jjroland ( ) posted Fri, 27 July 2007 at 11:49 PM

""I'll be happy to make your character. I promise to not have you tied to a post though. ""

Purrfect!  Now to decide who I am going to make.

vincebagna ( ) posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 12:33 AM

All of this sound like a sort of therapy, but hu... aren't we all virtual psychotic? lol

My Store

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 2:50 AM

LMAO!  You guys are a riot!

Stormchaser, I hope your internet works itself out. I know since I've been off work on disability that funds have been tight and there are times I've come close to losing my DSL.  If you do vanish, I hope you make it back to us really quickly :)

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 2:57 AM

Not sure I wanna know who's gonna make me. :scared:

stormchaser ( ) posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 6:15 AM · edited Sat, 28 July 2007 at 6:19 AM

jj - I don't know if it's just that picture in your avatar but you seem to have quite large & dark eyes. Not quite like the bad kitty that roams around on this forum (the guilty one knows who I'm talking about) but aside from your brilliant red hair & freckles these do stand out to me. Could I expand on this feature in your caricature? I just thought I'd ask in case it's a feature you wouldn't want me to enhance. Shall I just get on with it & then you can tell me if it's OK or not?

Vince - What do you mean "virtual psychotic"? I actually am!

Thanks Acadia.

vincebagna ( ) posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 8:52 AM

Quote - *"Vince - What do you mean "virtual psychotic"? I actually am!"

*I had no doubt on it... ;)
I think there are numerous 'virtual psychotics' hanging around here... (i may be part of them... ahum... i guess).
BTW, doesn't this project looks a little like "mini SecondLife"? And deeper, it's about some people who are virtually gossiping here at Rendo, and who make a virtual avatar of their virtual presence at Rendo... Is it complicated? lol
I hope no psychatrist is a member of Rendo, or i can't imagine the huge amount of virtual rendez-vous he will have to book...!!

My Store

jjroland ( ) posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 9:23 AM · edited Sat, 28 July 2007 at 9:26 AM

"" Could I expand on this feature in your caricature? I just thought I'd ask in case it's a feature you wouldn't want me to enhance. Shall I just get on with it & then you can tell me if it's OK or not?""

Fine by me.  I'm  pretty easy to please.

Lostinspaceman,
""Not sure I wanna know who's gonna make me.""

If going by avatar you seem the easiest - though honestly Im not too clear on what these characters are suppose to look like - waiting on an example or two.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 11:00 AM · edited Sat, 28 July 2007 at 11:04 AM

file_384110.jpg

> Quote - "" Lostinspaceman, > ""Not sure I wanna know who's gonna make me."" > > If going by avatar you seem the easiest - though honestly Im not too clear on what these characters are suppose to look like - waiting on an example or two.

Oh you can't go by my current avatar. James from Poser 6 playing Superman has nothing to do with Lost in Space! Here's something to go on. I'd imagine for this exercise, any nutty toon in a space suit with a robot tagging along behind him would do for me.

jjroland ( ) posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 12:00 PM

I shall do you then!!!

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 1:33 PM

Quote - All of this sound like a sort of therapy, but hu... aren't we all virtual psychotic? lol

Why yes, and I'm rather enjoying my psychosis. Never a dull moment ;)

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 1:36 PM

Stormchasr, you may need one of Thorne-Sarsa morphs to make JJ's eyes... Then again, you're quite the virtuoso with your own... Can't wait to see what you come up with.

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 1:38 PM

Quote - I shall do you then!!!

Um, missy, does your hubby know about this?
                                                                                   [ducking and running.....]

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 8:24 PM

Quote - > Quote - I shall do you then!!!

I already have one straight girlfriend who's hubby thinks we're doin' it behind his back! It ain't happenin'! :tt2:

stormchaser ( ) posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 8:30 PM

Quote - > Quote - I shall do you then!!!

I thought the same thing. You have to be careful what you say around these parts!!

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 8:31 PM

Quote - I thought the same thing. You have to be careful what you say around these parts!!

I haven't seen JJ around here all day... maybe her honey grounded her!  ;)

stormchaser ( ) posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 8:32 PM

Quote - I already have one straight girlfriend who's hubby thinks we're doin' it behind his back! It ain't happenin'! :tt2:

I had the same thing once. Oh, wait a minute, I was guilty!

stormchaser ( ) posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 8:33 PM

Quote - I haven't seen JJ around here all day... maybe her honey grounded her!  ;)

There's no way on earth any man is capable of grounding jj, she'll have 'em for dinner!

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 8:44 PM

But he can have fun trying ;)
LOL, looks like she's got you wrapped around her pinky ;)

stormchaser ( ) posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 8:46 PM

Quote - LOL, looks like she's got you wrapped around her pinky ;)

jj can have me wrapped round anything she wants.
Whoops, am I thinking out loud?

Faery_Light ( ) posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 9:25 PM

Sounds like fun, but how can you do a "BluEcho"? Stormchaser, I know how you feel. I almost had to give up my INet recently due to lack of funds. Was getting kind of hungry and food seemed more important. But my two brothers came through with a couple of shopping sprees for me. Just finished one today and got loads of goodies. :) My Inet is my only form of relaxation now and I sure would miss it!

Let me introduce you to my multiple personalities. :)
     BluEcho...Faery_Light...Faery_Souls.

stormchaser ( ) posted Sat, 28 July 2007 at 9:31 PM

BluEcho - It's amazing how much we use & rely on the net now. Some days I use it very little & some days far too much. I can't imagine not using it at all.

vincebagna ( ) posted Sun, 29 July 2007 at 2:43 AM

It's always like that: some things that are here only for our comfort an easy life (at first), quickly become essential, and we can't live without them. Did is say we're net slaves??

My Store

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 29 July 2007 at 3:18 AM

Quote - BluEcho - It's amazing how much we use & rely on the net now. Some days I use it very little & some days far too much. I can't imagine not using it at all.

Earlier this year when my computer died, I contemplated even bothering to replace it because of the expense. I soon realized exactly how much my life has come to depend on computers: email correspondence, bill paying; banking; shopping sometimes; information; and social contacts which have become even more important due to health problems and the fact that I don't get out as often as I used to. 

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.