Sun, Oct 6, 4:25 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: New freestuff item - Flak88 Opinions wanted

Touchwood ( ) posted Tue, 07 August 2007 at 6:04 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 2:21 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?message_id=3044789&ebot_calc_page#message_3044789

I currently have the above item illustrated in the Freestuff forum. While not yet completely finished, I am asking how people would like this item packaged before assembling and have been advised to post here to obtain more opinions. Would this item be of more use as a smart prop or as a figure? Details of the differences are detailed in the thread. Thanks in advance for any opinions offered.

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Tue, 07 August 2007 at 8:30 AM

First i think it looks extreem fine..
About package ? im not sure what you mean.. but i have some ideas
Can you make it so that some parts can be moved ..not only the barrel
that way "we" can make it like its being hit and all smacked up..

I think its realy cool people take time to make such detailed things and give it away..
one thing i do hope is that the ZIP file wil be inthe right order of levels..
Hope this helps!

Chris

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT BAR-CODE SENT A  PM to 26FAHRENHEIT  "same person"

Chris

My Free Stuff

Touchwood ( ) posted Tue, 07 August 2007 at 11:33 AM

Barcode About package. What I mean is this. If I put it together as a smart prop, the following things will be poseable. The side legs will be raised or lowered independandly, or simultaeneously, depending on what people would like. The turret will rotate through 360 degrees. The gun/barrel bed will be able to lift from rest to upright. The gun will be able to recoil. The protractor mechanisism will not work as intended, so will not suit everyones needs if they are after realism. Plus the shock absorber mechanisime would need to be manipulated to maintain the realism. As a figure, the same would apply, but the gun bed would be raised by using the appropriate handle. The breech would open and close by using the appropriate handle. The protractor mechanism would work as intended. i.e. raising the gun bed would move the degree indicator. The shock absorber mechanism would be taken care of, hopefully, by ECM. This is assuming I can rig it in the first place of course........ What I am asking really is this. Would this item be more use to the community as a poseable prop or as a figure, where realism is the the most paramount. What would the community find most useful? I don't mind giving it away as I am still learning to model. The mesh is not the most elegant or efficient. If someone can make use of it, fair enough and it is freely given. The one thing I don't understand though is 'right order of levels' in the zip file. Can you explain what you mean? Thanks for your input..

ranman38 ( ) posted Tue, 07 August 2007 at 2:22 PM

I gave suggestions on the linked thread. I say make it a figure.

xantor ( ) posted Tue, 07 August 2007 at 3:52 PM

I would say a figure as well, it is easier to use a figure than a load of props.

Mechanical figures are generally easier to rig than humans or animals.

artbyphil ( ) posted Tue, 07 August 2007 at 4:46 PM

It looks really good to me, will be a great freebie cheers in advance :)

freyfaxi ( ) posted Tue, 07 August 2007 at 4:49 PM

I'd say figure as well. This is a great piece of work..either way. I'll sure be looking out for it. Ahh..one question - will there be an 'anti-tank'  version with  with some of the crew protection shields that I've seen in photo's ?

bakapo ( ) posted Tue, 07 August 2007 at 6:03 PM

ooooh, it looks good...
however you decide to set it up, would be fine with me :)
I'll be waiting for it!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.