Fri, Sep 20, 10:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Won't buy Wardrobe Wizard because the demo doesn't work-help please

Colin_S ( ) posted Wed, 08 August 2007 at 12:12 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 10:28 AM

Downloaded the WW demo  to see if it worked - none of the tutorials or other ways of using clothing in Poser work for me- and it converted a well fitting colonial dress on P4 to P5Judy very badly, one arm miles away and the dress top nowhere near the neck, shoulders and chest (all instructions carefully followed). 

Closed down and tried again and the demo will not even open- a Poser window comes up saying 'until a service release from e-frontier, import any OBJ with all options OFF, then delete the model. Then open the script window'. 

I am now looped; following these instructions or trying any other figures brings this window back again. Even if I shut down and reopen Poser 7, I cannot open the demo any more. 
I am up to date with service releases- v.7.0.2.127.

SoulTaker ( ) posted Wed, 08 August 2007 at 1:04 PM

have you tried asking at phils site?

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 08 August 2007 at 1:45 PM

I absolutely love WW and won't ever go back to using Poser without it.  When I got my new computer earlier this year and had to reinstall everything, the first thing I installed after Poser was WW. I freaked when I couldn't find my registration key and wrote to Phil in a panic.

I don't know why you are having problems.  As suggested, try posting at Phil's site. He does check here, but he checks his own forums first.

http://www.philc.net/forum/viewforum.php?f=4

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Colin_S ( ) posted Wed, 08 August 2007 at 1:51 PM

will do.

nickedshield ( ) posted Wed, 08 August 2007 at 2:37 PM

Colin_S, Sounds like Phil didn't change his demo when the python error in P7 was fixed. The purchase version has been corrected. As Acadia suggested, post this question on his forum.

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

SAMS3D ( ) posted Wed, 08 August 2007 at 6:07 PM

I also love my WW....it is a definate must have for tools for Poser.  Sharen

bnetta ( ) posted Wed, 08 August 2007 at 7:10 PM

philc's python scripts are the only reason i even open poser anymore...lol
netta

www.oodlesdoodles.com

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 08 August 2007 at 8:01 PM

Quote - philc's python scripts are the only reason i even open poser anymore...lol
netta

Amazing how much more fun Poser can be when you can actually fit clothing to figures that are morphed or to totally different figures, without jumping through hoops to do so, or having to resort to having your figures standing nearly vertical,  LOL

WW opened up a whole new world for me with Poser and I can honestly say that without it I would have given up on Poser because it was just too tedious to do something that should be basic...fit clothing to a figure.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

SoCalRoberta ( ) posted Wed, 08 August 2007 at 10:59 PM

I get that message too, and I've had WW since it came out.
When that message comes up, just hit OK. Then go to the Windows tab and use the drop down menu to bring the script up.

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Thu, 09 August 2007 at 2:53 AM

I have had bizarre things happen with some conforming clothing in Poser, with and without WW. A lot of the old (P4 and P5) clothing provided with Poser has hidden/invisible mesh. Do a conversion, and you have to reset the material to fully transparent. Usually it's called "Skin". It's doesn't need to be there at all. There are other awkwardnesses, but that was the big WTF moment for me.

Colin_S ( ) posted Thu, 09 August 2007 at 5:33 AM

I have got out of the loop by accident.

After several more bad-tempered attempts Poser crashed and wouldn't restart from the desktop shortcut. I restarted it from the .exe file on the P7 folder and it launched to the Factory State. 
WW had vanished from the Window/Scripts dropdown, but if I click on one of the empty slots at the bottom of thedropdown it will let me start WW by browsing to the folder and clicking on the WW Menu.py file. Carefully reset to my Preferred state and it is still going (cross fingers).

AntoniaT's point ; I wondered about the clothing being the problem. Now it is working again I will follow this up with pieces from different sources. From everyone's comments it seems likely most will work and I will be off to PhilC's site to see about getting it.

Thank you all

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.