Mon, Oct 21, 10:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 9:06 pm)

Subject: how to import in to vue from posere

dolly ( ) posted Sat, 26 May 2001 at 8:17 AM · edited Fri, 11 October 2024 at 1:47 AM

yesterday i leart how to make bump maps my ? is how can i export the model and bump map into vue i tried and the model had the bump map on the back i exported it as an obj please help dolly

Calseeor ( ) posted Sat, 26 May 2001 at 8:28 AM

I also use poser and vue 3. I learned how to export with textures, so maybe this will work for bumps as well. I have not tried yet. What I read in 3d artist magazine said this: Export each model in Wavefront OBJ format, seperatly. When exporting figures for use in Vue, use the default export settings in Poser. It MAY be neccassary at this point to process OBJ files through Steve Cox's freeware UVMapper utility as some third-party props and models haven't given special attention to Matrerial Groups. Once all figures are exported, save your work. Open a new poser scene and delete any figures that may be there. Import all your object files you have created. You must Deselected all the options on the import dialog box except "Make Polygons Normal and Consistent". Once all your figures are back in poser, you may export the scene using the default settings once again, to OBJ format. IMPORTING TO VUE: Before importing to Vue, make sure all your textures are in the same folder as the OBJ files you created. Once they are, just import them and you should be all set. Again, I am not sure about bump maps, but I figured that as this deals with textures, it should also work for bumps. If my memory serves me though, bumps in poser use a bum extension?? If so, they need to be changed to .jpg or .bmp for poser to read them. Sorry this was so long of an explination, I was typing it out of the magazine, as I only have a small amount of experience with it. On a side note, all the figures body parts will be named weird (symbols and stuff) but it is actually easy to see what is what. Hope this helps and if not, that it at least helped you waste a little time reading. :) Take care --Eryk

dolly ( ) posted Sat, 26 May 2001 at 8:46 AM

thanks eric i will give it ago cheers dolly

KateTheShrew ( ) posted Sat, 26 May 2001 at 11:51 AM

Dolly, just export the obj file. Then, in notepad or any other text editor, open up the .mtl file that Poser generates to go with the .obj file. Change the references to "bump.BUM" (bump=whatever your bumpmap is named) to the actual name and extension of the bumpmap you want to use (should be either jpg or bmp). Then all you have to do is import the obj into Vue and the bump will apply. You'll likely have to lower the gain on the map though as it will come in reallllly strong. One note, if you have the original .jpg or .bmp file for the bump, use that instead of the .bum file. Kate (who prefers to do things like this the easy way g)

Cheers ( ) posted Sat, 26 May 2001 at 12:36 PM

Attached Link: http://www.zenwareonline.com/vuemaster.htm

The easiest way I know of importing into Vue at the moment is by using Daniel Wilmes' VueMaster...it even converts the .BUM file to a .BMP file, and also gives you an option to flip the transmap so that it is read by Vue correctly. It usually takes me just a minute (if that sometimes) to export a character or scene from Poser, through VueMaster then into Vue d'Esprit with no extra tweaking of the texture maps needed. Cheers

Twitter: Follow @the3dscene

YouTube Channel

--------------- A life?! Cool!! Where do I download one of those?---------------

dolly ( ) posted Sat, 26 May 2001 at 1:17 PM

sorry i have`nt replied but i aint getting any email fromm renderosity so thanks to all for your help dolly

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.