Fri, Sep 20, 5:40 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:01 pm)

Subject: selling on this site

psnoobie ( ) posted Thu, 16 August 2007 at 9:26 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 5:39 AM

why is so difficult to get products uploaded on this site?

bnetta ( ) posted Thu, 16 August 2007 at 9:52 PM

i've done a few but it doesn't seem to me to be much of a problem.
what kind of trouble are you having maybe we can help you.
netta

www.oodlesdoodles.com

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Thu, 16 August 2007 at 11:29 PM

ooo another Noobie Merchant... get the torches....<GrinDucks&Runs>

Dajadues ( ) posted Fri, 17 August 2007 at 12:27 AM · edited Fri, 17 August 2007 at 12:30 AM

What zip format are you using?

KarenJ ( ) posted Fri, 17 August 2007 at 3:40 AM

Attached Link: http://market.renderosity.com/news.php?viewStory=13160

Hi psnoobie,

If you read the downloadable product submission guidelines at the attached link, they should help.

Make sure you check through each point and make sure that your product complies. Also ensure it has been beta-tested before submission, preferably by several people on different systems/versions of Poser.

Hope this helps :-)

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

psnoobie ( ) posted Fri, 17 August 2007 at 7:51 AM · edited Fri, 17 August 2007 at 7:54 AM

Quote - ooo another Noobie Merchant... get the torches....<GrinDucks&Runs>

yeah. another noobie merchant. wasn't everyone who sells something a noobie at one time?
I'm having problems with this site because of the readme file. now i find out that it must be in both zip files, which makes no sense to me. and thanks for the vote of confidence and support. I don't expect you will be buying anything from me.

psnoobie ( ) posted Fri, 17 August 2007 at 7:59 AM

hopefully i have it correct this time. I'd would have been better off giving this away.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Fri, 17 August 2007 at 9:41 AM

Quote - > Quote - ooo another Noobie Merchant... get the torches....<GrinDucks&Runs>

yeah. another noobie merchant. wasn't everyone who sells something a noobie at one time?
I'm having problems with this site because of the readme file. now i find out that it must be in both zip files, which makes no sense to me. and thanks for the vote of confidence and support. I don't expect you will be buying anything from me.

If your lack of sense of humour is any evidence of how you'll be dealing with people around here, you're correct. I won't be buying anything from you. It was a joke which you totally missed. Hence the <GrinDucks&Runs>

Unicornst ( ) posted Fri, 17 August 2007 at 9:48 AM

Quote - > Quote - ooo another Noobie Merchant... get the torches....<GrinDucks&Runs>

**Yep, we all were. They could have been making a play off your user name here.  smiles

As for the readme being in both zips....they have their reasons, which I forget at the moment. That was put in place so long ago that I've forgotten the why of it. If you name your readme the same (which it should be anyways), one will just overwrite the other.

I do wish you the best of luck with the product and welcome you to the MP. Hopefully, if this is your first product and it passes soon, you will be able to access the Vendor Forums to ask questions. Until then, may I suggest using the MarketPlace Customer Support? Deb and Clint (who are in charge of the MP) oversee that forum quite often and can be extremely helpful and understanding. Karen gave excellent advice. And yes, learn to smile. It's very important to customer relations. smiles**

psnoobie ( ) posted Fri, 17 August 2007 at 10:15 AM

I'm sorry for response. I'm just upset as to how to get things on this site for sell I've uploaded this product 3 times already and everytime it's come back for something. As far as my sense of humor. it's fine. i didn't see the humor in the comment. I am very new to this, and a little unsarcastic support would have been nice. thank to those who gave it. And to those who wish not to purchase my stuff (if it ever gets up here), there's nothing i can do about that. Sorry for wasting your time with my thread.

Letterworks ( ) posted Fri, 17 August 2007 at 10:42 AM

psnoobie,

Unfortunately this site has become etremely hard to pass testing in, even more so since I started in the market place over a year ago, and mostly over things people would concider trivia. Some past merchants here are have even complained of the rules being SO strict and yet SO undocumented that they are leary of going thru the trouble of uploading a new product. The management obviously have some reason for these strict rules and have promised that as their schedules clear of other obligations they will be reviewing the procedures and testing processes and publishing updated and specific instructions. Until then I can only say "hang in there" It's not just you, and it;s not necessarily just because you're a noobie.

mike

mrsparky ( ) posted Fri, 17 August 2007 at 10:48 AM

Looking at your join date there Trav - looks like we've been around the same length of time - and I bet you still get stuck and ask for help like I do. 

So don't give up yet psnoobie -  post your questions here and and we'll try and help you.
Thats what community is all about.

Pinky - you left the lens cap of your mind on again.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Fri, 17 August 2007 at 3:38 PM

I can understand the frustration. Been there done that. But seriously, the grin should have given it away that I was kiddin'. 

In anycase, have you considered asking the community if they're interested in your product? A nice test render to show it off maybe? Even if you do get it all zipped up properly, you'll still need to have had it tested by some beta testers before it will be accepted by the market place according to the rules. Beta Testers would even have helped getting it set up properly for the market.

psnoobie ( ) posted Fri, 17 August 2007 at 9:12 PM

I'm having problems getting it online here at renderosity. I keep submitting it and i keep getting an email stating i did something wrong. Like I didn't know that if a package is 2 zips long, that the readme and the licence must be in BOTH zip files. I thought they mean 2 different packages, not a package broken down into 2 zip files. It's very frustrating. I'm sorry i snapped at you. that was stupid of me. I snapped when i got the email from here stating i did something else wrong. I have been submitting this one package for the past month now. Hopefully this time it's right, or i'm just gonna upload it to freestuff and give it away. Money is not the issue, i just want to see if my stuff would actually sell. thanks for the reply.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Fri, 17 August 2007 at 9:20 PM

That's cool. I'm sorry my humour was out of place. I understand the frustration of getting packages ready for the Market Place here. I've been there. I went back to just doing free stuff myself. 

You might want to ask in the Merchant forum if any merchant's would be willing to check out your zips before you upload them again. Last time I checked, if a product has been rejected three times you have to wait a certain period before resubmitting them anyway.

Unicornst ( ) posted Fri, 17 August 2007 at 9:26 PM

**If you want, I'll check out the readme and the zips. Depending on what the product is, I'll also make sure it works as it should.

I know firsthand as well the frustration of getting your first product in the MP here. I think all of us have been through it.

LostinSpaceman...you're correct. Here's the ruling on failed products:

**If a product does not pass the testing process, the vendor may resubmit the item twice. If, after the second resubmission, the product still does not pass the testing process, the item will be removed.

The vendor may resubmit the item after 30 days and must submit names of 2 beta testers that have beta tested that specific product.

Dajadues ( ) posted Fri, 17 August 2007 at 11:00 PM

Seeing an my response got ingored I wont bother next time. I asked what zip format you used to zip up your files. You have to make sure you packaged it right before you upload.

psnoobie ( ) posted Fri, 17 August 2007 at 11:04 PM

I'm sorry Dajadues. I'm trying to keep up with this. I used Winzip to zip my files. the complete zip is about 30 something megs so i had to create 2 zip files. i just didn't know that the readme and licence had to be in both zip files since they are both needed inorder to have the entire package. I thought that it only has to be in one of the two.

psnoobie ( ) posted Fri, 17 August 2007 at 11:06 PM

maybe i should make my next package smaller so it fits the required meg size.

psnoobie ( ) posted Fri, 17 August 2007 at 11:23 PM

Quote - **If you want, I'll check out the readme and the zips. Depending on what the product is, I'll also make sure it works as it should.

I know firsthand as well the frustration of getting your first product in the MP here. I think all of us have been through it.

**If a product does not pass the testing process, the vendor may resubmit the item twice. If, after the second resubmission, the product still does not pass the testing process, the item will be removed.

The vendor may resubmit the item after 30 days and must submit names of 2 beta testers that have beta tested that specific product.

How would i go about doing this?

Letterworks ( ) posted Fri, 17 August 2007 at 11:31 PM

psnoobie,

Since Mrsparky seems to think that I in some way was trying to disuade your from submitting your product, (NOT my intention!) here are a couple of specific suggestions that MAY help...

As Karen1573 said first read the vendor submission guidelines thoroughly!! Probably more than once (I know I keep re-reading them everytime I try to submit something, if only to check for recent changes). 

If you come across a question in the guidelines, ask about it, BUT try to be as specific as possible, otherwise many people will just assume you are venting off stream. See my note below the vendor's forum in reference to this as well. 

If at all possible find one or more Beta Testers that are familiar with the MP here on Renderosity and have them check you product before submission, and most of them work for a free copy of the product! I can;t tell you the number of problems my testers catch for me, and yes even that can be fustrating at time, but it's well worth the effort to do this BEFORE submitting your product and having it fail. For one thing a good beta tester will test everything and give you a good detailed report of needed corrections for the ENTIRE package. Renerosity's store testers onely test UNTIL they encounter a problem then stop testing. So if you have multiple problems you'll have multiple rejections. Unicornst up there offered her services, take her up on it!! She can be of great help, and is a vetern merchant

Finally, if it;s any consulation, once you get a product accepted you'll have access to the vendor's forum here. That's where I tend to ask my questions on subjects like this.. Since it is a vendo specific forum the people there have been thru the mill as well and can almost always help. Not to forget and mention the ADMINS in that forum are great! Clint and Debbie bend over backwards to help sort out problems and Karen is allways a great help as well.

Couple of side notes:

@Mrsparky, not sure why I made you think I was trying to discourage psnoobie. It wasn;t my intention. I was trying to point out the even old hands here find the market place submission rules and regs. fustrating and confusing at time, and that he shouldn't give up. Hopefully this post will help redeem me.

@LostinSpaceman, carefuly reccomending showing a render of the product and polling the market place. Since that's agains the ruls on this forum (it's restricted to the lesser trafficed Product Showcase forum). No sense having psnoobie do that here, only to have his thread moved to that forum, and cause him even more fustration ;*)

mike

Unicornst ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2007 at 12:50 AM

Quote - > Quote - **If you want, I'll check out the readme and the zips. Depending on what the product is, I'll also make sure it works as it should.

How would i go about doing this?

**Doing which one, Sweetie? Finding a beta tester or having me check it out for you?

If it's beta testers you are wanting, then make a post. I think it's okay to do it here. I'm really not sure, but I'll bet Karen can say for sure.

In your post, state what the product is, which programs it is for, and if possible a render of it would be good so people interested in testing for you can see what they are testing beforehand. Be sure to state that you would prefer testers who know the rules of the MP. Also...once you have your two testers....make sure you announce on the same post. Very important to say you have your testers.

I don't know what the product is, but if it's made for Poser5, or Daz/Studio, I can test it in both. I have about a week free right now before I start my next one. If you were asking about that, we'll find a way to do a transfer and do the arrangements through private messaging.

TRAV..... Thank you for the compliment. That was a really nice thing to say!**

Letterworks ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2007 at 2:27 AM

Unicornst,

***"TRAV..... Thank you for the compliment. That was a really nice thing to say!"

Simply the truth, and nothing but. He would do good to have you test his item.

I'd have offered but I'm so backed up right now I'm cheating to type this! LOL.

mike

mylemonblue ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2007 at 5:06 AM

I just want to say hang in there psnoobie Maybe the next one will get through. 

Here's party popper for good luck. ---->

My brain is just a toy box filled with weird things

psnoobie ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2007 at 8:37 AM

Unicornst, having you check it out for me

mrsparky ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2007 at 9:07 AM

*Since Mrsparky seems to think that I in some way was trying to disuade ...

Trav-  you risread my post there.  My point was that even us oldies get stuck sometimes and ask for help - the same point you're making.  I'd never try to dusade anyone and I know you wouldn't either.

Letterworks ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2007 at 11:01 AM

mrsparky,

Absolutely no offense was taken, I figured my own fustration with the "system" here probably came thru on my post and that was what you might have picked up, so I wanted to put a more positive light on thisngs and offer some solid suggestions. So, misimterpreting your post was a good thing in the long run.

psnoobie, great to hear your working the problem with uniconst, I'm sure she'll be able to help.

mike

Unicornst ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2007 at 12:30 PM

Quote - Unicornst, having you check it out for me

Got your IM and have responded. Perhaps if you say what the product is here, someone else will volunteer to test it as well? Maybe....hint, hint....MrSparky? :m_tongue2:
TRAV...I still say it was sweet of you to say that.** :a_kiss:

Conniekat8 ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2007 at 1:37 PM · edited Sat, 18 August 2007 at 1:41 PM

yeah, Psnoobie, often people in here make a new post with a pic and a short description of it, and say in the title, 'beta testers needed'  Most of the time you'll get more people then is needed.

You can see examples of what people have done in the past here: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/search.php?query=beta+testers&forum_id=12356

Becoming a vendor and getting it all done isn't the easiest thing.  Lot of people start off with releasing a few freebies first to get the feel for how it all works, and whether people like their stuff, before trying to sell things.
It doesn't mean one has to do things that way. It's much harder starting off with trying to be a vendor, and unfamiliar with the site and the rules and many other little details.

Hi, my namez: "NO, Bad Kitteh, NO!"  Whaz yurs?
BadKittehCo Store  BadKittehCo Freebies and product support

mrsparky ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2007 at 2:53 PM

Trav - no problems there mate.
Easy to misread things - I do it all the time! :)   

Unicornst - how can I resist such a subtle hint :) 

Seriously if you or psnoobie would like to IM lets see what we can all achive together.

Looking at the posts above the issue seems to be size ? Please correct me if wrong.

Unicornst ( ) posted Sat, 18 August 2007 at 5:16 PM

**Ah...I knew you were a gentleman. grin More contact by IM.

psnoobie ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2007 at 9:46 AM

how do i change an item in the vendor control room to delete one and replace it with another?

SamTherapy ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2007 at 9:57 AM

Quote - how do i change an item in the vendor control room to delete one and replace it with another?

Contact the Marketplace Admins for assistance.  Your questions will be better addressed in the Vendor's Support forum.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

psnoobie ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2007 at 10:24 AM

thanx SamTherapy

Unicornst ( ) posted Sun, 19 August 2007 at 11:05 AM

**Keith,

Just send an email to DebM or Clint asking your pending to be removed since you can't get into the Vendor's Support forum at this time.**

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.