Fri, Sep 20, 3:37 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 8:42 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: New Artist Homepages are now LIVE

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 22 August 2007 at 1:22 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 3:36 PM

http://www.renderosity.com/news.php?viewStory=13722

Please read all the information at the Front Page article link. 

Be sure to go update your homepage and get a little Marketplace incentive while you are at it:)

BAR-CODE ( ) posted Wed, 22 August 2007 at 5:38 PM

it looks so cool Stacey .. it realy does
Now have to put more info on my page... hahaha
Give the thumbs up to the rest for me.... 😉

Chris

IF YOU WANT TO CONTACT BAR-CODE SENT A  PM to 26FAHRENHEIT  "same person"

Chris

My Free Stuff

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 22 August 2007 at 5:40 PM

I'll do it.  Glad you like them. I think they are great as well. 

Yeah fill your pages up. I'm going to be watching......

hewee ( ) posted Wed, 22 August 2007 at 6:28 PM

It is very nice Stacy now and so much more easy to get around and find things.
My profile image was not there but maybe I linked it but uploaded it again because it said hotlinking images are not any good now.
The Featured Image showes up smaller but it is resized to fit the page so that it does not screw up the rest of the page when it is over size like it does in the gallery's I have set to view full image. 
So I love it and don't find so far anything wrong.
Well hope that the 3 Recent Images do show the 3Recent Images because that has not worked right after you did the site upgrade months ago.

hewee ( ) posted Wed, 22 August 2007 at 6:44 PM

Nope the 3 Recent Images is not working right. See Recent Images by Dianthus and then look at her gallery. It is the same with so many members.

http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=3&userid=272714

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 22 August 2007 at 6:57 PM

Actually its the wording that needs changing. Its not the three NEWEST its three the artist can select from their gallery options page. I think if you don't choose one, it does the newest three.

I'll see about changing the wording

Stac

Belladzines ( ) posted Wed, 22 August 2007 at 7:56 PM

stacey with products on the homepage... right now it states your best sellers  etc... is there a way to edit that?

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 22 August 2007 at 8:01 PM

No that is element driven and it pulls each vendors 4 bestselling and 4 new products to display on your homepage

Belladzines ( ) posted Wed, 22 August 2007 at 8:04 PM · edited Wed, 22 August 2007 at 8:05 PM

ok but my 4 latest new products doesnt reflect what my last 4 are...... let me go check again.... but i'm sure they both look the same............

edit: now they do....... they didnt this morning but it must of updated as soon as i started playing around with it..........

thanks stacey!!

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 22 August 2007 at 8:11 PM

Yes we had to tweak that just a bit a go so it should work correctly now:)

Belladzines ( ) posted Wed, 22 August 2007 at 8:13 PM

awesome thankyou!!
i love my homepage!!

StaceyG ( ) posted Wed, 22 August 2007 at 8:23 PM

I'm so glad. I think they are SOOO much better and more professional looking. I like that things are grouped on different tabs and not all scrolling forever on one clumped up page.

And I love love love the stats link..the way it breaks down each tab of your homepage so you can see how many members have clicked on each section of your homepage.

Lord_syphex ( ) posted Thu, 23 August 2007 at 12:34 AM

I hate the new pages.

Belladzines ( ) posted Thu, 23 August 2007 at 12:35 AM

Is there something in particular you dont like about them? or do you just hate them in general?

hewee ( ) posted Thu, 23 August 2007 at 4:09 AM

Quote - Actually its the wording that needs changing. Its not the three NEWEST its three the artist can select from their gallery options page. I think if you don't choose one, it does the newest three.

I'll see about changing the wording

Stac

Thank you for the reply. I did not know we had the option to show the 3 other images because I was always seeing just what it said and that was the 3 Recent Images. 
Was this added after the upgrade and that is why I started seeing so many member that had 3 Recent Images changed because they edited it. 
So your right then the wording needs to be changed and I see you did that because it now says "More Images by -members name-"

Unicornst ( ) posted Thu, 23 August 2007 at 8:25 AM

**Oh what a sweet surprise I got when I placed an image in my new homepage. big grin

Thanks guys!**

romanceworks ( ) posted Thu, 23 August 2007 at 9:33 AM

The new homepage looks super! In the section where I have added friends, mine only shows the first page with no link to view all friends. Can you advise how I might fix this? Thanks - Carol

romanceworks ( ) posted Thu, 23 August 2007 at 12:42 PM

Disregard my last question about viewing all friends. I figuered out that it doesn't show up like that for me, only others viewing my homepage. :o) CC

Giana ( ) posted Thu, 23 August 2007 at 12:55 PM

is there a way to having the programming tweaked for the "Friends" list?

in trying to familiarise myself to this feature, i noticed that if i wanted to assign "numbers" to people, that when you "update" the page, it only will apply to that specific page.

for example, let's say that i wish to alphabetize my list and i have 10 pages of friends.  if i have friends whose name begins with A on pages 4, 6, 7, and 8, right now i go to page 4, change that person's number to #1 and hit "update".  then i have to go to page 6 and put a #2 next to the next person and then hit the "update" button.  this is a very clumsy & time-consuming way of updating, and i'm wondering if there could be a way to go through all the pages, assign numbers and then hit "update" to process the whole lot instead of page by page?

thanks!

DennisReed ( ) posted Thu, 23 August 2007 at 1:09 PM

I allowed popups for www.renderosity.co, but do not see anything occuring?
What are we suppose to see when we allow popups?
Is there an option for this within the http pages of Renderosity?

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 23 August 2007 at 1:11 PM

Giana

Let me check on this for you..

Seems there is also some confusion about arranging the friendslist and some have accidentally deleted their friends so I think some tweaks on that page may be in order.

I'll get back to ya:)

Giana ( ) posted Thu, 23 August 2007 at 1:53 PM

yes, there are a few strange things happening on that page, like suddenly some folks who have been already approved actually do have numbers assigned to them that i never put there [which is what got me playing around with that whole thing] after you approve a new person...

thanks for all your efforts, Stace :))

Jumpstartme2 ( ) posted Thu, 23 August 2007 at 2:28 PM

Dennis, you have to go to your homepage and click 'edit' then 'submit' and you will see the pop-up 😉

~Jani

Renderosity Community Admin
---------------------------------------

Giana ( ) posted Thu, 23 August 2007 at 9:08 PM · edited Thu, 23 August 2007 at 9:10 PM

since some tweaking might be done for the "Friends" page, i'd like to suggest adding page numbers instead of Previous/Next [similar to how the MarketPlace's pages are set-up]...

in navigating someone's page just now who already has a lot of "friends", there were several homepages of other people i was interested in looking at... so i went through the 4-5 pages of their friends and then needed to navigate back to what essentially was page 2, but had to continually hit the Previous link to do so.  right now whilst lists are still relatively short, that's no big thing, but as people's lists grow & expand, it would be nice to be able to navigate forward/backwards more quickly...

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 23 August 2007 at 9:10 PM

I'll check on that Giana:)

Giana ( ) posted Thu, 23 August 2007 at 9:19 PM

thanks... keeping ya busy, aren't i? :o

and maybe not exactly like the MP so things still keep a relatively sleek look, but something like a "stunted" numbering?    ex:  [1] [2] [3] [4] [5] ... [Next]

hewee ( ) posted Thu, 23 August 2007 at 9:19 PM

I had set the friend list and put the number 0 that was by Store Staff on the friend and then changed the Store Staff to 99. Now after I got another friend added it changed what I already numbered.
The Store Staff is now number 0 and the others are 99.
So why are they changing the order I put them in?
Can you have the same number by more then one friend. Seeing how that is how it is now.

Then looking at our new homepage and from there looking at gallery you see the new look.
If I go up top to the Menu buttons and click Gallery and then My Gallery you go to another layout of your gallery. These two are not the same. Is this going to stay this way or is it going to also change?

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 23 August 2007 at 9:25 PM

I understand about the "ordering" of the friendslist hewee and we will be doing some tweaking on that page. The programmer was out today but hopefully we can look into this more closely tomorrow and get it working correctly.  

I'm not sure what you mean by the second paragraph hewee?  Are you talking about being on the gallery tab in the homepage clicking "browse my gallery" being different than the "my gallery" link from the actual galleries?  Please clarify so I can understand and help you.

Giana, between you and hewee I may not ever get any rest, heehee. J/K.. I really appreciate you both tactfully and respectfully bringing issues to me:):)

Giana ( ) posted Thu, 23 August 2007 at 9:38 PM · edited Thu, 23 August 2007 at 9:51 PM

ok, one last note to pass along & then i'm done [hopefully]...

when i am on my own Homepage on the "Bio" tab, i see the junk i've typed and i see the first however many friends...  down in the right hand corner is the Manage Friends link.  when viewing another person's "Bio" page, down in the right hand corner is "View All Friends" [or whatever it says].  i am wondering why i do not have the option on my own tab to "View All Friends" so i can clearly see how the next pages look the way that everyone else will?

i mean if i wanted to visit a 'friend's' homepage that is not on view in that initial list/view, the only way i can do it is to go through the 'Manage Friends' link, which makes it more difficult to keep up to date with those on my list, if you see what i mean?

StaceyG ( ) posted Thu, 23 August 2007 at 9:49 PM

I'll check on that too Giana.

I will make a list tomorrow morning to talk over with the programmer everything brought up so far so we can get it all sorted out.

Again thank you for the input.

hewee ( ) posted Thu, 23 August 2007 at 11:01 PM

Quote - I understand about the "ordering" of the friendslist hewee and we will be doing some tweaking on that page. The programmer was out today but hopefully we can look into this more closely tomorrow and get it working correctly.  

I'm not sure what you mean by the second paragraph hewee?  Are you talking about being on the gallery tab in the homepage clicking "browse my gallery" being different than the "my gallery" link from the actual galleries?  Please clarify so I can understand and help you.

Giana, between you and hewee I may not ever get any rest, heehee. J/K.. I really appreciate you both tactfully and respectfully bringing issues to me:):)

Thank you as always Stacey. :) not a big deal for me or not right now because the friend list is small so you can see them all easy on one page. Well only 3 so far so really does not matter what order they are in but if you got a option to change it then it should work and stay that way.
No sure when mine was changed but it may of been after I clicked to add a friend and they said yes and it then got added to my list and that was when the order changed.
So my guess any new friend gets a 99 so goes to the end by default till we change it.
Seeing how what had happen and I had two friends both with 99 can you give more then one friend the same number and if so how does it list those friends with the same number?

Yes I am talking about the different between the two.
My Gallery http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/member.php
and
http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?page=3&userid=133066
Sorry the My Gallery link I don't think will work or it will work but if you go there it will take you to your My Gallery page and not mine.
But still you can look at both of yours.

On mine the My Gallery page has...
Art Gallery

Lots of links

My Galley and more links and then a "My Most Recent Upload" with a big thumbnail.
Then "My Recent Uploads" with 3 thumbnails.  This one I guess you should change also to "More Images by ..." like you did in the new Gallery.
Then it has My Favorite Images
Then it has My Recent Views

The newer Gallery has...
The big Featured Image
More Images by with 3 thumbnail images.  These 3 are not the same because the 1st thumbnail here is the "My Recent Uploads" in the My gallery.
Then you have on the left "Favorite Artists" and on the right "Favorite Images by Other Artists"

DennisReed ( ) posted Thu, 23 August 2007 at 11:32 PM

There seems to be some functions missing that I really miss and they were present in old flow: 
I used to go to another users Homepage and see their Favorite Artists & their Favorite Images.
Will this feature return?

hewee ( ) posted Fri, 24 August 2007 at 4:52 AM

DennisReed,

It is still there by you have to click on the users home page and then on there gallery and you see it listed down the page.
On the left "Favorite Artists" and on the right "Favorite Images by Other Artists".

StaceyG ( ) posted Fri, 24 August 2007 at 10:50 AM

Okay hewee, you really have me confused now.. Sorry

Can you email me with all this about the gallery links and I'll try and sort it out to see if I understand exactly what and where you are talking about?

I know I'm just missing something key here but I am confused:(

DennisReed ( ) posted Fri, 24 August 2007 at 11:50 AM

Thanks everyone for pointing out how to navigate the new site layout to this old Blind  F_RT!  ;)

While I'm at it:

Is there any easy way to go from my Inbox site mail From User, directly to their Homepage or Gallery? I often get email from Members I have no clue who they are! (This may also be right under my nose too! LOL!)

StaceyG ( ) posted Fri, 24 August 2007 at 12:12 PM

Dennis,

Unfortunately no there isn't right now but that is on the list to make it take you to their homepage if you click on the username:)

StaceyG ( ) posted Fri, 24 August 2007 at 12:14 PM

Just an update that the programmers fixed the issue with the 'ordering' of friends where it was jumping around priority numbers.

Also to clarify, when you approve someone they get a default priority of 99 and any "99's" are sorted by the date they were added to your friendslist.

DennisReed ( ) posted Fri, 24 August 2007 at 12:24 PM

Thanks Stacey! It looks like this transition has been a great success, even though a few of us are Old, and hard put to change ;)

Bravo to the team, and I look forward to the final touches! :)

Lord_syphex ( ) posted Fri, 24 August 2007 at 2:50 PM

Quote - Is there something in particular you dont like about them? or do you just hate them in general?

I just hate change in general. Which really sucks, because it seems life is all about change.  LOL

hewee ( ) posted Fri, 24 August 2007 at 6:17 PM

Quote - Okay hewee, you really have me confused now.. Sorry

Can you email me with all this about the gallery links and I'll try and sort it out to see if I understand exactly what and where you are talking about?

I know I'm just missing something key here but I am confused:(

OK I PM you Stacey and your have links to screen shots I uploaded.

Thanks for the update and fix on the 'ordering' of friends.

hewee ( ) posted Fri, 24 August 2007 at 6:39 PM · edited Fri, 24 August 2007 at 6:45 PM

OK I just found out also that the My Gallery link and the new Gallery I have are not the same and had me also confused. But if you go to the New Gallery page and then above the 3 thumbnail you click on the browse my gallery link your see things again in another way.
It has me very confused.

After clicking around I see in the "Favorite Artists" and "Favorite Images by Other Artists" that we have and others can see if we click Edit that we can "make private" so others don't know but I got nothing to hide so it's ok.
But on the new Friendslist you don't have the "make private" option.
Should that also be a option on the friendlist?

StaceyG ( ) posted Fri, 24 August 2007 at 7:41 PM

We are discussing the friendslist having something to make it private for your eyes only or public..

I mailed you back hopefully explaining things a bit. I think I get what you were saying now, lol

hewee ( ) posted Sat, 25 August 2007 at 12:50 AM

Thanks so much Stacey.
He he I hope you get what I was saying better then I do. :p

Georgie-o ( ) posted Mon, 27 August 2007 at 8:44 PM

I updated my new artist page and got a Rendo Coupon...awesome!  Can anyone tell me once I use this coupon is it gone after one purchase or can I use it over and over again (until September 7) as long as I order $15 or more each time?

Thanks!

StaceyG ( ) posted Mon, 27 August 2007 at 8:49 PM

Use away Georgie-o. Its not a one time deal:)

happy shopping

StaceyG ( ) posted Mon, 27 August 2007 at 8:49 PM

Use away Georgie-o. Its not a one time deal:)

happy shopping

Lord_syphex ( ) posted Mon, 27 August 2007 at 9:46 PM

Stacey,

Anyword on the animations for homepages?

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 28 August 2007 at 9:47 AM

Hmm, did I miss that as I don't have it on my list of suggestions/questions?

StaceyG ( ) posted Tue, 28 August 2007 at 11:58 AM

FYI,

The "View All Friends" link is now on everyone friendslist so you can see your pages exactly as someone else views them. The "Manage friendslist" link has been moved beside the title "CURRENT FRIENDS" on your own homepage.

Lord_syphex ( ) posted Tue, 28 August 2007 at 8:46 PM

Quote - Hmm, did I miss that as I don't have it on my list of suggestions/questions?

I don't see why that would not be as I suggested it to you via IM some time back. I guess you were busy with other things at the time too though so........maybe next time.

netvampire ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2007 at 9:22 AM

Can i ask what has happened to my homepage ? No extra picwith tex, no tabs along top. actually liked the way it looked now its gone ???now just looks like my gallery ..

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.