Thu, Sep 19, 6:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 5:58 pm)

Subject: Did anyone notice? André for M3 for a special price

Arvanor ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2007 at 2:58 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 3:24 PM

Attached Link: AtlantiStyle

I just stumbled over a thread at the Daz boards. Atlantistyles Andre is on a special sale for **9,50$** at his own store. The normal price is **29,50$**, so grab him fast as no one knows how long this sale lasts. I thought i share it because this character seems to be very famous and many want him.😄

If by my life or death I can protect you, I will!

Arvanor ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2007 at 3:21 AM

I bought him a few minutes ago and for 9,50$ this is a real bargain!

vincebagna ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2007 at 6:02 AM

Well, i bought him here when it was on sale, but just after, as the sale was running again, i saw him cheaper at DAZ... merchant policy... i wasn't very pleased...

My Store

kayjay97 ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2007 at 6:39 AM

I am not real pleased about the new price compared to what I paid either.

In a world filled with causes for worry and anxiety...
we need the peace of God standing guard over our hearts and minds.

Jerry McCant

Marque ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2007 at 6:55 AM

I feel your pain, I get this a lot. Buy something then it comes out for free in a magazine or someone sells it at platinum price at Daz ... you know the story. I don't even let it upset me any more.
Marque

Marque ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2007 at 7:01 AM

Having problems with his website. Hope I don't get charged more than once.

Marque ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2007 at 7:07 AM

Charged my card $1 and then added the product to my cart again, if I hadn't noticed I would have ordered 2. As it is he got $1 from my account. NO, I am not happy with this.

Arvanor ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2007 at 7:08 AM

I payed with Paypal and had no problems.

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2007 at 7:41 AM

Quote - Charged my card $1 and then added the product to my cart again, if I hadn't noticed I would have ordered 2. As it is he got $1 from my account. NO, I am not happy with this.

That $1 charge might be just a verification charge to make sure the credit card is valid.

When a company does that they usually take that $1.00 off of the next purchase, which is this case should be the "Andre" one.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

JenX ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2007 at 8:12 AM

When merchants sell on their own sites, the price is usually less, mostly because they don't have to pay a cut of the price to the hosting store, because they are the hosting store. 

As for the $1 charge, it's a normal charge for a merchant bank to test the card to make sure it works and to make sure the information given by the purchaser matches the card (none of the private information is viewable by the business, only by their merchant bank, or the banking entity that gave them rights to use their banking system.  It will fall off within 7 days (it usually only takes 3).  )

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

kayjay97 ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2007 at 8:31 AM

I understand that selling on their own site is cheaper most times but it is in the MP fpr a third of what I paid for it. Yes, I realize it was broke down into 2 sets here at the MP but still, I could have done w/o the poses and lights. Ah well, will really make me think twice

Jerry McCant

hdaggers ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2007 at 8:59 AM

Good for AtlantiStyle! I hope he comes out with more original products. There are so few good male morphs, and Andre proves there's a market for them.

seattletim ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2007 at 9:21 AM

Well, I am glad for all of you that buy him at this price, but I feel really ripped off because I bought him for about twice this.  

seadog ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2007 at 9:50 AM

Wait, was/is this on sale at DAZ for platnum members? I cant find the link.

Glasswren ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2007 at 10:12 AM · edited Wed, 29 August 2007 at 10:14 AM

Link:   forum.daz3d.com/viewtopic.php?t=60782 It is easiest to see if you go to page 9.

And it for anyone who goes to the new store.

Marque ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2007 at 10:31 AM

He fixed it for me, ($1). I was nervous that it came out and then the product was added again but he dealt with it immediately and I got the product. I almost bought it here but decided to wait a bit until my card cooled off. Been using it a lot. When I found some products at Daz that I had paid a ton for here for $1.99 I was upset, and there were a lot of folks here who slammed me for it. I don't worry about it now, I just figure it happens and I let it go.
Marque

elzoejam ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2007 at 11:07 AM

I am curious about what you bought at DAZ that was also here. I didn't think Daz let sellers sell the same product at their store and elsewhere, so now I want to know :-)

seadog ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2007 at 11:14 AM

Ok, so they don't sell this character at DAZ, it was just on their forums, right? I bought the basic pack here at rendo today, but I guess I could have got a better deal if I bought it at his own site (added poses/lights). But that's ok, if it's just poses and lights, I can deal with that loss.

kayjay97 ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2007 at 11:16 AM

Marque is talking about Plat Club bye outs. They bought stuff  like from Thorne and Dark Whisper just to name a couple and the items that were going for anywhere from 15 to 20 dollars when they were here ended up 1.99 at DAZ. I remember griping about that when t happened and was told basically to live with it...shrug.... so I did LOL

Jerry McCant

elzoejam ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2007 at 11:22 AM

AHhh. Well I agree that sucks. I must of missed all that though, or it was before my time LOL. Thanks so much for clarifying!

-Sarah

jeffnlkpt2 ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2007 at 12:21 PM

OK I am more of a lurker than a talker but I am sorry, I just feel ripped off.  I bought this product at about $25 "special price" and used my $5 coupon about a month ago.  Then the new sale price was lowered to about $20, I thought that stinks but hey I saved the $5 with my coupon.  

But now when he drops it $9.95, that just sucks.  If this was in the real world, I would just return it for a refund.  This is no way to build a loyal following.  I doubt I would ever buy from him again no matter how good his product is.

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2007 at 12:24 PM

I'm trying to think what celebrity he looks like. He reminds me of someone famous.

Arvanor ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2007 at 12:55 PM

Looks a little bit like the younger brother of Daniel Craig to me.

vincebagna ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2007 at 3:07 PM

Whit this thread running as it runs, he will become famous, but not for his face... :glare:

My Store

KarenJ ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2007 at 3:13 PM

Daz has a money-back guarantee, so if you bought it at Daz within the last 30 days, you can ask for a refund if you feel unfairly done by.

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

kayjay97 ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2007 at 3:27 PM

It wasn't sold at DAZ :-) It was at PP however so I need to check my purchase date

Jerry McCant

KarenJ ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2007 at 3:43 PM

Ohh I see. Not sure on their policies, sorry.

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

Peelo ( ) posted Wed, 29 August 2007 at 9:50 PM · edited Wed, 29 August 2007 at 9:56 PM

Quote - I'm trying to think what celebrity he looks like. He reminds me of someone famous.

Yeah. Me too. It's like I've seen someone who looks like him in a movie. I'm allmost certain of it.

Edit: Come to think of it, he reminds me of that one pilot/soldier in Galactica. I can't remember the characters name..Crash..maybe? It was in season two when Balthar crashlanded with chief on Caprica.

-Morbo will now introduce the candidates - Puny Human Number One, Puny Human Number Two, and Morbo's good friend Richard Nixon.
-Life can be hilariously cruel

hdaggers ( ) posted Thu, 30 August 2007 at 7:06 AM

Quote - Edit: Come to think of it, he reminds me of that one pilot/soldier in Galactica. I can't remember the characters name..Crash..maybe? It was in season two when Balthar crashlanded with chief on Caprica.

Ohh, is it Helo? He is sooooo good-lookin.

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 30 August 2007 at 7:51 AM

Quote - > Quote - I'm trying to think what celebrity he looks like. He reminds me of someone famous.

Yeah. Me too. It's like I've seen someone who looks like him in a movie. I'm allmost certain of it.

Edit: Come to think of it, he reminds me of that one pilot/soldier in Galactica. I can't remember the characters name..Crash..maybe? It was in season two when Balthar crashlanded with chief on Caprica.

Never saw that show, so unless the actor was in something else, that's not where I have seen him.

tivao ( ) posted Thu, 30 August 2007 at 10:55 AM

Hello, as far as I can tell from looking at the product page the $9.95 package is just the character and a few lights. Its not the whole deal. Its pretty much Andre "Lite"

wolf359 ( ) posted Thu, 30 August 2007 at 6:24 PM · edited Thu, 30 August 2007 at 6:25 PM

Quote - **OK I am more of a lurker than a talker but I am sorry, I just feel ripped off.  I bought this product at about $25 "special price" and used my $5 coupon about a month ago.  Then the new sale price was lowered to about $20, I thought that stinks but hey I saved the $5 with my coupon.  

But now when he drops it $9.95, that just sucks.  If this was in the real world, I would just return it for a refund.  This is no way to build a loyal following.  I doubt I would ever buy from him again no matter how good his product is** .

Just curious
Why do you run out and buy some flashy  new "product"
knowing full well that it was garnering a certain price in the market
and you willingly handed over the amount of money that was being asked for said "product"

A merchant has the right to lower his prices

many impatient people EAGERLY paid $90 USD for "Apollo Max"

"Ohh He's SOOO gorgeous I must have him Now!!!

Many patient people got  the model free of charge 1 year later

these  non-tangible "idols" have the shelf life of a bowl of shrimp salad in July.
no one owes you any commitment to maintain a price level  just because you had no patience and rushed to be an early buyer .

My website

YouTube Channel

gagnonrich ( ) posted Wed, 05 September 2007 at 4:11 PM

Quote - I bought this product at about $25 "special price" and used my $5 coupon about a month ago.  Then the new sale price was lowered to about $20, I thought that stinks but hey I saved the $5 with my coupon. 

And I bought Victoria 2 six years ago for $49.95 and the figure was being given away as a Platinum Club bonus last year.  I'm old enough to have paid $200 for 64K RAM, $400 for a 100 Mb hard drive, and $500 for a CD burner.  I've gotten used to prices dropping over time.

Rest assured that a merchant would prefer to keep selling a model for $30 instead of $10.  When sales drop off to next to nothing, a price drop is usually warranted. I rarely spend much more than $10 for a Poser product. I've got enough that I'm willing to wait for bargains.

This character reminds me a bit of Devon Sawa from "Final Destination".

My visual indexes of Poser content are at http://www.sharecg.com/pf/rgagnon

Acadia ( ) posted Wed, 05 September 2007 at 4:16 PM · edited Wed, 05 September 2007 at 4:18 PM

Quote - many impatient people EAGERLY paid $90 USD for "Apollo Max"

Many patient people got  the model free of charge 1 year later

Yep! I am in the prior category having paid for him when he was released. Though I think I took advantage of the sale price at RDNA but I also bought lots of additions for him at the time too.

He's  nice figure and I don't regret having spent money for him. And I don't begrudge anyone who can now get the same figure free.  That's just how life goes sometimes.

byAnton ( ) posted Thu, 06 September 2007 at 10:02 AM · edited Thu, 06 September 2007 at 10:05 AM

**Of over 1000 happy people, I have the list of the dozen or so people that paid over $50 for Apollo.
I do NOT want to see any more forum threads about the MANY, supposed, people who paid full price for Apollo. K?

If you don't know, don't speculate. K calm now. Have a nice day,

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

drifterlee ( ) posted Thu, 06 September 2007 at 12:09 PM

I paid $4,000 for a State of the Art Dell PC - 10 years ago. Saw the same one at a thrift shop last year for $5.00, LOL!

bigjobbie ( ) posted Thu, 06 September 2007 at 12:32 PM

The Andre product has two versions - the texture and morph which is currently at the $10 price and then there's the $20 + package which has extra poses and fancy lighting and what-not.

Which one did you get?

Anyway, sometimes it's worth getting in early and paying a bit more than you would 6 - 12 months down the track if you like/appreciate what the creator is doing. I suspect they find it encouraging when people actually pay for their work...but I could be mistaken! ;-)

Cheers

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.