Fri, Oct 4, 5:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Getting Ebot Notifications of Photography Postings?

TallPockets ( ) posted Tue, 18 September 2007 at 7:14 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 3:29 PM

ALL: Hello. For some reason, I just now received 3 email - ebot notifications of people posting in the PHOTOGRAPHY FORUM?  It started with the SIMON thread and then one each ebot for the next two thread subjects.

Would anyone be so kind as to explain WHY I would get such things all of a sudden as I have never gotten any such items before?

In the ebot email it says CLICK HERE to UNSUBSCRIBE. I did not know I WAS subscribed. LOL.???? How does one SUBSCRIBE and WHY is that NEEDED? LOL2!

THANKS, in advance, for any or all help. MUCH appreciated.

My best to you and yours,

TallPockets.

TallPockets ( ) posted Tue, 18 September 2007 at 7:29 PM

Renderosity Forums Radlafx has posted to the Photography forum on Renderosity.com! Tue Sep 18, 2007 3k

babuci ( ) posted Tue, 18 September 2007 at 7:29 PM

Hi T.P ( TallPocket) !

If you not wish to get notification replies on treads you have to unclick the "Notify me when someone replies" box. Find under the big white window where we type comments. And every time you re-visite a tread(s) you have to un- tick it again and again...I know so anoying. Wish it would be other way round. We need to tick if we want notification. Hope this helped, if not ooops sorry.

seeya Tunde

babuci ( ) posted Tue, 18 September 2007 at 7:30 PM

TallPockets ( ) posted Tue, 18 September 2007 at 7:30 PM

I tried copying and pasting the above a few times using my mouse. I kept getting a message saying the dialog box would not open and that I had to make sure all pop up blockers were OFF???

HELP! LOL.

T.P.

TallPockets ( ) posted Tue, 18 September 2007 at 7:38 PM

Babuci: HELLO and THANKS for  the INFORMATION! I understand what you are saying.

But WHY would I even GET these email ebot notifications UNLESS I HAD either REPLIED to a thread or STARTED one??? (Until just now, I have NOT posted a REPLY at the PHOTOGRAPHY FORUM since I can remember! LOL).

Are you telling me that I and everyone will NOW get these email ebots on ALL threads and postings UNLESS we go to EACH thread and UNCLICK those?

Even if I have NEVER posted a REPLY in this forum? LOL.?????

Are you saying that merely by READING a thread posting that I and anyone else will then be subject to these email ebot notifications UNLESS we UNCHECK every READ thread?? LOL.

I could undertstand having to UNCHECK the notification IF I posted a REPLY in any given thread so as to NOT get them.

BTW:  It would be LESS ANNOYING as you so put it (GRIN) to have it set to DEFAULT to MAKE people check the threads THEY WANT ebots emails for or from. LOL.

Thanks, again. TallPockets.

TallPockets ( ) posted Tue, 18 September 2007 at 7:43 PM

BABUCI: I just went to the three threads that I had received said email ebot notifications for and UNCHECKED all three of them.

It appears that merely by READING a thread you MUST UNCHECK that thread after doing so?

I HOPE that is NOT true. SIGH.

THANKS again, KIND SOUL.

My best to you and yours,

TallPockets.

Liam. ( ) posted Tue, 18 September 2007 at 11:38 PM

I think the system here is set so that you get a notification of a first unread post. Therefore yes, just by reading a thread you probably prompt it because each new post will the be "unread" for you.

I don't think you need to uncheck every separate thread, though. If the link in the email doesn't work, try this:

Liam

Radlafx ( ) posted Wed, 19 September 2007 at 12:24 AM · edited Wed, 19 September 2007 at 12:24 AM

file_388407.jpg

this means you are subscribed to "New thread" notifications in the R'osiy forums. Click on the "my forum options" button at the top of this page (it's next to [my forum stats] ) and uncheck the right button next to Photography to unsubscribe. I have attached an image for reference. I hope this helps.

Question the question. Answer the question. Question the answer...

I wish I knew what I was gonna say :oP

TwoPynts ( ) posted Wed, 19 September 2007 at 9:19 AM

Let us know if you are still getting them TallPockets.

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

TallPockets ( ) posted Wed, 19 September 2007 at 9:33 AM

Markablue: Hello and THANKS for your input. MUCH appreciated. When I go to the top of the forum page beginning, I only see a SUBSCRIBE there. LOL. Which SHOULD mean that I am NOT already subscribed, correct? LOL. Which SHOULD mean that I NEED to SUBSCRIBE to the forum IF I WANTED to do so, correct? LOL.

My best, again and thanks! TallPockets.

TallPockets ( ) posted Wed, 19 September 2007 at 9:36 AM

Radlafx:HELLO and THANKS, also, for your input. MUCH appreciated. I went to my forum options as you instructed and to edit forum choices. There are NO boxes CHECKED for ANY forums and there never has been. LOL. There is NOTHING to UNCHECK. GRIN.

TWOPYNTS: Hello. Would you be so kind as to explain how I got these notification ebot emails in the first place? SMILE.  I will let you know IF I get any more NEW ones. THANKS for your assistance. MUCH appreciated. My best, TallPockets.

TwoPynts ( ) posted Wed, 19 September 2007 at 11:36 AM

I honestly don't know. If you did nothing to change your setting and did not visit or comment in the Forum, then I don't see any other explanation than some system glitch.

gradient ( ) posted Thu, 20 September 2007 at 12:47 AM

@TallPockets....welcome to the photography forum.....it's like Hotel California.....you can check in....but you can't check out!  LOL!

In youth, we learn....with age, we understand.

Liam. ( ) posted Thu, 20 September 2007 at 1:32 AM

LMAO!

Liam

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Thu, 20 September 2007 at 7:44 AM

Well, Since some several hours, I don't received ebots, not by forum and not by galleries... Something happens no?

Liam. ( ) posted Thu, 20 September 2007 at 9:10 AM

Something's apparently not working well with the ebots. For the last week or so I haven't been notified of all my favorite artists' works and it seems I'm getting less and less of them as days go by...

Liam

TwoPynts ( ) posted Thu, 20 September 2007 at 10:34 AM

The newsletter just went out and that always makes things a bit funky for a day or two. I've been getting my ebots just fine, though they were delayed a little yesterday. No un-asked-for notices though.

TallPockets ( ) posted Thu, 20 September 2007 at 4:32 PM

GRADIENT: THANKS for the SMILE!! .... GRINS.

TWO PYNTS: HELLO, again. I have NOT gotten any more NEW such ebots. Just that ONE TIME BLIP. (I came into this forum last week to READ ONLY. I do that every few months. Yes, that puts to rest the theory that Grumpy TallPockets CAN , indeed, read. GRIN.)

I was searching for dbgrafix. I used to always admire his photographs and postworks, etc. When I searched in the search field, it came up saying NO such person existed? So, I came to the Photography Forum to see if I could locate him here.

Do you or anyone know his site addys or whereabouts? Thanks, in advance, for any or all help. MUCH appreciated.

IF it is true that by merely READING a thread in this forum that will trigger such (?), I guess I will not be reading the forum here. GRIN.

Is THAT the case? READING only will trigger such ebot email notifications? IF so, are ALL other FORUMS so similarly set up now here?

THANKS, again. MUCH appreciated. My best to you and yours,

TallPockets.

TwoPynts ( ) posted Thu, 20 September 2007 at 4:38 PM

Just reading should not cause ebots to be sent to you. As your surmised, probably a one time blip. I am not sure how to find Doug.

TallPockets ( ) posted Thu, 20 September 2007 at 4:45 PM

TWO PYNTS: THANKS, again! MUCH appreciated. It was just  kinda ODD that these email ebots appeared out of nowhere. LOL.

Then, I try to find and search for dbgrafix and it does not even list him? Usually, when someone deletes a gallery, they still list that person at least? SIGH.

My best, TallPockets.

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Thu, 20 September 2007 at 6:38 PM · edited Thu, 20 September 2007 at 6:39 PM

Quote - Then, I try to find and search for dbgrafix and it does not even list him? Usually, when someone deletes a gallery, they still list that person at least? SIGH.

You can search him but without result... The best you can make is forget him...

Radlafx ( ) posted Thu, 20 September 2007 at 7:50 PM

dbgrafix is now known as DJB. You can find more username changes here - http://www.renderosity.com/news.php?viewStory=13369 Here is his home page http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php?userid=242904 He is no longer active here do to personal reasons (Family loss) :sad:

Question the question. Answer the question. Question the answer...

I wish I knew what I was gonna say :oP

TallPockets ( ) posted Wed, 03 October 2007 at 8:42 PM

Posted Thu, Sep 20, 2007 6:38 pm, Edited Thu, Sep 20, 2007 6:39 pm

Quote - " Then, I try to find and search for dbgrafix and it does not even list him? Usually, when someone deletes a gallery, they still list that person at least? SIGH.

You can search him but without result... The best you can make is forget him...

VALERIE-DUCOM: Hello. I am not sure what to make of your above reply? I only knew of dbgrafix within his photography works posted in his gallery in past days. I had no other conversations or dealings with him.

I was simply trying to locate him to ask him a few technical questions regarding photography and postwork involved. What he used, etc.

From my simple perspective, one has the right to say anything about another person. However, if I am going to degrade someone publicly, as it appears you just did, I would hope I also would publicly state why I feel such?

My best, TallPockets.

TallPockets ( ) posted Wed, 03 October 2007 at 8:49 PM

Radlafx: HELLO and THANKS for the info. I just did a search and found his empty gallery. It says he started in 2004 and had 121 people name him a favorite artist. Seems strange that someone so popular would just disappear without a trace? Oh well. My best, T.P.

TallPockets ( ) posted Fri, 05 October 2007 at 6:24 PM

OK .... Old T.P. has never claimed to be the brightest bulb in the room.  It appears that, for some unknown reason, no one seems to know the whereabouts of dbgrafix? Or won't pass such info along?  Even dumb old T.P. can't figure that one out?

A former moderator and staff member here and one favorited by over 120 members? Who all of a sudden just ups and vanishes without a trace?

I was  simply trying to contact him to ask about how he did a few certain things in his photography works and postwork.  When he was here, he was always informative to my questions.

I have been here a few years. Every so often, I have posted, as others have done, to find out where someone had gone to. Without fail, even with much lesser known members, etc., I have always been sent to such person I was looking for.

I find this puzzling, to say the least.

IF anyone here knows of dbgrafix's whereabouts, please leave word here or IM me. THANKS, in advance.

Much appreciated,

TallPockets.

TallPockets ( ) posted Mon, 08 October 2007 at 7:10 PM

THANKS to the two who have contacted me. MUCH appreciated. My best, T.P.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.