Mon, Jul 8, 1:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Jun 25 7:29 pm)

Subject: Vue using terrain from Terragen?

TheJediMaster ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 4:50 PM · edited Thu, 19 October 2023 at 5:20 AM

Hi,

How I export a terrain made in Terragen 2 to use in Vue?

bobbystahr ( ) posted Tue, 25 September 2007 at 8:06 PM · edited Tue, 25 September 2007 at 8:10 PM

Can't be done. Old Terragen allowed  .lwo export as I recall, but as these are actually part of a planet the become less or actually non exportable....sorry. If you made your terrain originally in Old Terragen and use it in TG2 then you could export it from OldTerragen  for use in both apps if you are thinking of doing comparisons.. ...

Once in a while I look around,
I see a sound
and try to write it down
Sometimes they come out very soft
Tinkling light sound
The Sun comes up again

chippwalters ( ) posted Wed, 26 September 2007 at 12:11 PM

I don't know about TG2, but in TG1 you export your terrain as RAW, open it up in Photoshop, convert to 16-bit, then save it as a 16-bit TIF and use it for your terrain. Check out the Terragen vs Vue thread a bit earlier in this forum where there's a diagram on how to import 16-bit terrains in Vue.

gillbrooks ( ) posted Wed, 26 September 2007 at 12:19 PM

I always save BMP out of TG1 using the F.E.O. plugin and they work a treat in Vue

Gill

Darthmagus ( ) posted Wed, 26 September 2007 at 1:04 PM

Attached Link: Geocontrol

I use GeoControl to convert my Terragen files. Load your terrain.ter with GeoControl, then convert it into terrain.tga. Open Vue, create a standard terrain, change the size, choose picture mode then load your terrain.tga.

GeoControl is a shareware terrain editor. You can use it free for 30 days.

TheJediMaster ( ) posted Thu, 27 September 2007 at 2:01 AM

Thanks, I will try every suggestion

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.