Fri, Sep 20, 10:44 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Freestuff

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, RedPhantom, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Freestuff F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 4:48 pm)

Welcome to the Freestuff Forum. The Freestuff Forum is intended for all  freestuff related postings within our community. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review, announce and give feedback in greater detail on various freestuff items offered.  Members can also post wishes of freestuff items they would like to see.

Notice: Links to offsite 'For Sale' items will be removed

Renderosity Free Stuff Area

Free Stuff Gallery

Free Stuff Guidelines

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: a *master chief*outfit?

grylin ( ) posted Sat, 29 September 2007 at 12:26 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 10:42 AM

from halo?? i cant fford to buy any lookalikes like from xurge. .(hes got great outfits)

soooooo.. im wondering could it be done?

Angel_Natavi ( ) posted Sat, 29 September 2007 at 2:28 PM

If anyone has armor that looks like it, as a wearable for V3 and M3, I would definatly want it.  But, it is a trade marked and copy written image, so... it would be probably illegal to distribute it. 

In order to go forward, one must often times look to the past.

stardust ( ) posted Sat, 29 September 2007 at 10:28 PM

Here is Major Cache - could be retextured to look similar to Halo outfit - this is sold at Daz3d :)

http://www.daz3d.com/i.x/shop/itemdetails/-/?item=3486
By utilize for $32.95

Far from free, but if you HAD to have it, you know where to find it :)

grylin ( ) posted Sun, 30 September 2007 at 8:18 AM

i know about that one:P hehe. but too expensive for me.:P

Mestophales ( ) posted Sun, 30 September 2007 at 1:37 PM

I think I may have what you need will be posting it soon (For FREE)

grylin ( ) posted Sun, 30 September 2007 at 1:38 PM

oh .??? cool:D i look forward to it:D

Angel_Natavi ( ) posted Sun, 30 September 2007 at 6:57 PM

You are refering to the Mjolner armor, correct?

Mestophales ( ) posted Sun, 30 September 2007 at 11:30 PM

Attached Link: TEK By Design

Is this what you are looking for a poser prop set for M3?

Believe

Angel_Natavi ( ) posted Sun, 30 September 2007 at 11:53 PM

Got anything with a little more... um... details?  More polys and textures?  But, generally, yes.  That is what we are looking for.

Angel_Natavi ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2007 at 12:52 AM

Or better yet, something that actually fits and has all the parts included?  (Its missing the left boot.  Still, I know its a work in progress, and looks good so far.  If the other downloads there are any indication, this one will turn out very nicely.

Lord_syphex ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2007 at 12:55 PM

Anyone have an image of what the master chief looks like?

Thanks.

Angel_Natavi ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2007 at 12:57 PM

All you have to do is google it.  Its nearly everywhere.

Mestophales ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2007 at 12:59 PM

Here ya go ![](http://www.tekbydesign.com/images/masterchief.jpg)

Angel_Natavi ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2007 at 1:02 PM

Mes, is that your render, or a pic from the net?

Mestophales ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2007 at 1:22 PM

Sorry I did not specify that came off the microsoft site - oh sorry about the missing boot I will update the zip file and include the texture maps - when I have some more time I will create a higher poly count version

Angel_Natavi ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2007 at 1:23 PM

Cool.  Thank you very much.  May I suggest maybe making a version for the V3 female as well?

Mestophales ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2007 at 1:23 PM

Oh that image is also low poly roughly 3-5k

Mestophales ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2007 at 1:24 PM

Absolutely, M3 and V3 versions

Angel_Natavi ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2007 at 1:27 PM

Sweet.  Cause I have some characters that I have been planning on putting into Mjolner armor for a long while now.  Oh, and I know I am already asking a lot, but perhaps different colors for the armor as well?  And the midsection as well.

Lord_syphex ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2007 at 2:55 PM · edited Mon, 01 October 2007 at 2:57 PM

Wow thanks tek.

I'm gonna try and make some textures for it. If I can figure out how to download it.

Angel_Natavi ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2007 at 3:07 PM

Not sure if you know this, but the left thigh is only rotated, not flipped.  It needs to be flipped so that it works on the left thigh.  All you need to do to do that is to make the X scale negative 100, or whatever you have it set to.  But, it must only be that one, otherwise it won't work.  I suppose it would also work with the boot as well...

Mestophales ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2007 at 3:16 PM

I added the left thigh shin and boot to the download - try it again Oh and thanks - maybe we can collaborate on a project sometime

Angel_Natavi ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2007 at 3:17 PM

I'd love that. 

Mestophales ( ) posted Tue, 02 October 2007 at 12:02 AM

I have fixed some of the issues in the first zip file so please download it again aqnd let me know if there is anything other than the low polygon count (detail) that is hosed. I have also added the texture maps to the download area. Should you create some cool textures - I would love to see them.

Angel_Natavi ( ) posted Tue, 02 October 2007 at 12:15 AM

Well, other than the fact that it doesn't really fit to anything other than M3, (Like M2 rs1 or M3 RR.)  Other than that and a couple see-through seems in the chest and others, it is good.

Angel_Natavi ( ) posted Tue, 02 October 2007 at 12:22 AM

That, and the fact that your latest upload to that linked site is considered a "Template" for textures.  But, it does give for something rather interesting, I think.  I'll play around with it, and see what I can come up with on my own.  Shouldn't be too hard, though I might suggest making the images bigger, for better resolution.

Angel_Natavi ( ) posted Tue, 02 October 2007 at 1:34 AM · edited Tue, 02 October 2007 at 1:36 AM

Oh, and before I forget.  I would make the viser a seperate color for rendering assistance.  The reason is, if anyone wanted to alter the armor color only, they'd have to edit the visor as well, which would be bad.  Cause, I know for a fact, most people who wanted this armor, want the charactaristic gold reflective face plate.  (I know, cause I am one of them.)  Also, the back of the chest plate is hollow.  It should be solid in the way that it molds around the chest and back.  Right now, its just flat, and rather unconvincing.  Same for the inside of the front as well.  It should be a solid object, rather than what it is now.  

Don't get me wrong, its a great start, and much better than I could ever do.  (I work with starships, not armor or peoples.) 

And definatly work on the crotch of the hip armor.  The part that goes between the legs.  Cause, frankly, it looks painful right now.

grylin ( ) posted Tue, 02 October 2007 at 1:39 PM

woweeee! thnx:D i likes it:D

grylin ( ) posted Tue, 02 October 2007 at 3:44 PM

ive registered.but i didnt get an email bout it ... how on earth can i d.load? help hehe

Angel_Natavi ( ) posted Tue, 02 October 2007 at 3:46 PM

Ahhh.  Have you tried clicking the name of the download, or the text close by it?

grylin ( ) posted Tue, 02 October 2007 at 3:52 PM

ahaaa. i figured out how .lol:P silly meee hehehe. wel, now i got  the file yay!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.