Sun, Sep 22, 2:51 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: It's the end of September (according to DAZ)

Jcleaver ( ) posted Wed, 10 October 2007 at 7:29 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 2:43 AM

it's out.  Service pack 6.01.  See the site for details.

noviski ( ) posted Wed, 10 October 2007 at 7:39 PM
MarkBremmer ( ) posted Wed, 10 October 2007 at 8:00 PM

And here are the fixes: DAZ STUDIO IMPORT • Stylish Shoes conforming To V4 • Importing DAZ file "Victoria3 RR Le.Daz" now does not receive an error message POSER NATIVE IMPORT • Turning off Use Constraints in the 3DView tool bar allows imported figure poses to ignore limits of the figure • (Vista only): Opening certain JPEG files no longer results in a corrupted image and thus MAT pose textures appear correctly when applied • DAZ Content Eyes import and conform • Loading a PZ3 created with Poser 7 produces more than the GROUND plane • Importing a pose makes the bounding box for the figure the right size • Importing AikoToon results in her eyes having the correct position and shape • MOR Pose files affect props and .hr2 files • Importing certain Poser 7 figures no longer requires the user to navigate to the mesh object • All morphs from the Creature Creator add-on for V4 are now working • REM injections properly removes the injection • Aiko 3 eyes now update when morphs are changed • Can now import content when a folder in the path contains a space in its name • Poses are now applied to the correct figure when importing a scene into itself • If a runtime folder has a path that includes the word "runtime" in a parent folder name, the content can now be found • Unchecking Use Constraints now works with Content • Imported MAT poses have better bump and shine settings • Figures eyes now rotate when using the manipulators VERTEX MODELING • Lasso Selection Tool no longer clears displacement modeling • Turning smoothing on and off will not result in the loss of any modifications • Invert Selection works with multiple independent meshes • Selection tools work with multiple independent meshes • Grow selection "+" icon works when there are multiple independent meshes • While editing Morph Targets, Vertices and lines are updated in real time • Undo of Create Morph Target on figures now works • Can now Bevel edges after pressing Ring Select icon located on a second monitor. • No more refreshing Issue with bone weight painting • The Bridge tool now works when using hotkeys • Using the Fillet tool no longer removes shading domains • Displacement painting is now faster • Changing from Animation Mode to Modeling Mode now exits the weight painting tool • Correct near plane when displacement brush goes out from the object FILE SAVING • Direct X export now includes keyframed animation • Skinned object with multiple shading domains export to Direct X properly • Importing Carrara files into scenes sets unique figure names as the CR2 importer does • .3DS file format limitations have been worked around to allow the full figure to be saved • Preset landscapes with trees now open correctly • Aiko and Hiro's knuckle joints no longer deform incorrectly when rotated • Saving posed figures as .OBJ now saves the pose • The African Elephant Content now loads into C6 correctly • Exporting a content figure to Direct X no longer fails • C5 files that have vertex morph data but no polymesh morph data are now loaded by C6. • Saving files with accented characters in their name now works correctly HAIR • A new Push tool has been added which will move all points of the guide hairs out of the mesh by a user defined distance • A collision detection option has been added to the hair brush tool to help keep the guide hairs out of the mesh while brushing • (Mac): Dynamic Hair used on content doesn’t crash in the Texture Room • Using Software Rendering, areas without hair are now black • Setting the density of hair to zero no longer causes a crash • Hair density painting acts as expected with primitives • Density paint now works with software mode • Adding a modifier to an object with hair no longer causes a crash RENDERING • Hair simulation is now calculated when using the Draft Renderer • Alpha-transparency and Global Illumination problems have been resolved NETWORK RENDERING • Using an unknown AVI codec no longer causes the batch queue to fail • Render Nodes now start rendering on the same frame as the main machine 3D VIEW • Cloud objects can now be selected when part of a collapsed group • Dragging the 2D projection of an objects Bounding Box on a working plane is now working correctly • Drag and Drop for Target Helper Object, Bone, and Force tools is now working correctly CHARACTER ANIMATION • When grouping or ungrouping a figure and its conformed content, the correct skinning bounding boxes are displayed OTHER • On Intel Macs, when in dual monitor mode, windows placed on the second screen can now be moved and interacted with • Point At modifier works consistently with content figures • Presets that were unavailable on the Mac can now be loaded into the Particle, Plant, Volumetric Cloud, and Terrain Editors • No more crashing in Texture Room with subsurface scattering • Selecting Cadstyle from the Help menu no longer results in a crash • Clicking on a sound in the properties tray no longer results in a crash • Texture layer tool now works on vertex primitives • Objects replicated on Terrains are now exactly on the terrain

noviski ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2007 at 12:04 PM

They could fix/add one missing feature: saving on Carrara PRO 5 format.

jamesmc ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2007 at 8:00 PM

Version 6.02 is available in the downloads section of support.

RadioGuy ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2007 at 3:38 AM

Is that over 40 meg patch just for one fix?

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2007 at 7:05 AM

Yes. Many of the core areas of the software were adjusted which requires replacing those cores. I'm not a programmer, but as a beta tester it seems like working on software as complex as Carrara is a bit like squeezing a balloon full of water in your hands that keeps having water added to it. The goal is to not have any part of the software pop out between your fingers. But when you push in one place, it pops out in another. The computer code is connected together in ways that I don't even want to try and figure out!

RadioGuy ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2007 at 11:27 AM

I wouldn't want to look under the hood either ...plus juggling two operating systems on top of all that.  No thanks I'll just drive ;)  

It's great that the Daz team is giving us quite a few patches in a short turn around plus I noticed the PDF manual is updated as well.

Cheers

SilverDolphin ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2007 at 6:31 AM

I have watched your Car 5 tutorials Mark and I have learned alot!  I was wondering if you are going to make one for Car 6?  I would also like to see programs like wings3d and Make human used in Car 6 pipeline.  Any Thoughts?

SilverDolphin ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2007 at 6:34 AM

Oh by the way if you are live in England you can get Car 5 standard for 5 pounds it is included in the dvd version of Computer Shopper in the November issue.  I wish Daz would offer this to us here in the US.

MarkBremmer ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2007 at 2:06 PM

Hi Dude007, Glad the tutorials are helpful. Sometimes just seeing somebody else work and explain as they go really helps. I was just pinged by VTC on Friday. I'll see what shakes out for C6. They have a couple of others in the queue they've talked to me about as well. Mark

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.