Tue, Oct 22, 2:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 1:40 am)

Subject: poser 6 and the latest Microsoft XP Security Upgrade.

wrpspeed ( ) posted Fri, 12 October 2007 at 9:47 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 2:28 AM

I was wondering if anyone has had any problems (with p6) after the october 10  xp security
upgrades? After the upgrade and p6 is running, it folds if you try to open or save a 
document.  When i use system restore to back  the security upgrade out, poser 6
runs normal again. poser 5 is unaffected. I was wondering if anyone else is experiencing
this?

cspear ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2007 at 7:57 AM

Just tested this: no problems here.

Windows 10 x64 Pro - Intel Xeon E5450 @ 3.00GHz (x2)

PoserPro 11 - Units: Metres

Adobe CC 2017

nruddock ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2007 at 8:10 AM · edited Sat, 13 October 2007 at 8:17 AM

What can happen with these updates is that the OpenGL version gets reset to the default Microsoft one.

The solution if this is the case, is to reinstall the lasest drivers for your card.

vincebagna ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2007 at 8:16 AM

I noticed no probs here.

My Store

pakled ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2007 at 10:45 AM

..and this is why I keep the upgrades 'off'...;) sorry to hear about that, but I've been burned once too many times by things like that.

There is a way to turn off automatic upgrades, I did a search on the net. You have to make a hidden ini file visible, edit out a line, and then a couple other things. If you're interested...check it out.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2007 at 11:37 AM

No problems here.

While I have my system set to automatically download the updates I always pick "advanced install" and pick and choose what to install.

MS always wants to install some malicious remover thing. I have no idea what that is but I don't want anything on my computer that automatically removes anything without me knowing about it. So I never let that install.

Anyone know what that malicious remover item is that they want to install is about?

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

nruddock ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2007 at 11:44 AM

Attached Link: http://www.microsoft.com/security/malwareremove/default.mspx

> Quote - Anyone know what that malicious remover item is that they want to install is about?

Mostly Harmless.

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2007 at 11:49 AM

Thanks :) I see that it runs in the background which means eaten up resources. I think I'll pass. I already have my virus scanner running so that should be enough.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Khai ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2007 at 12:10 PM

Quote - ..and this is why I keep the upgrades 'off'...;) sorry to hear about that, but I've been burned once too many times by things like that.

There is a way to turn off automatic upgrades, I did a search on the net. You have to make a hidden ini file visible, edit out a line, and then a couple other things. If you're interested...check it out.

or you can simply turn them off in Services or in the Control Panel / System.. why all the making hidden files visible etc? man thats making work for yourself ;)

wrpspeed ( ) posted Sat, 13 October 2007 at 3:59 PM

i can tell you that malicious remover  is not causing the problem as I unchecked that
when installing the software update and the problem did not stop so I concluded
it was in one of the 1st 3 security updates.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.