Mon, Oct 21, 4:52 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 4:13 pm)

Subject: Opinions wanted

Deadline_Imaging ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2001 at 5:16 AM · edited Mon, 15 July 2024 at 1:48 PM

file_175872.jpg

Ok I just spent way too many hours working on this texture and now I turn it over to you friendly folks for opinions and suggestions. They would really be much apreciated. I figure I will have his body done by the weekend so that will be posted soon also. Thanks ahead of time.

Deadline_Imaging ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2001 at 5:17 AM

file_175873.jpg

Side view of Same texture

Wizzard ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2001 at 5:51 AM

really good... presuming the lighting's not been moved.... fantastic so far.... looks like you have the bump done up right..

lalverson ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2001 at 6:38 AM
Online Now!

Very uncle fester looking, quite good

fiontar ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2001 at 9:31 AM

Excellent. More "realistic" than other attempts at a similar look I've seen. You didn't over-do anything. :-)

TOPcat831 ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2001 at 10:05 AM

He looks very sinister, how about adding a scar on his cheek or something....

Deadline_Imaging ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2001 at 12:52 PM

Wiz - the view was adjusted via the lil track ball,so no lighting changes were made from the first shot. Kewl! I had hoped I did the bumps right lol. Thanks a lot man. Alverson - Hey man good to hear from yah, thank you for the compliment. fiontar - GOOD! lol I was trying to aim for something semi-realistic looking rather than plastic which on a lot of my earlier attempts at textures I end up with something that looks like it should be Kens older brother or Barbies mutant prostitute twin. TC - Sinister heh I like that. grins Hmmmmmm... I will see what that looks like, wasnt sure if I wanted to go with scars or not when I first started making him or not. Was trying for something that looked sort of Undead/Cenobite/Vampire... that whole genre.

igohigh ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2001 at 3:30 PM

Crack Kills or Fester Lives?? With Halloween just around the corner (it's Always 'just around the corner' to me..) I would love to see the rest! For the "Undead" catagory, this is one of the best in a while!

hauksdottir ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2001 at 6:09 PM

It has a rather porcelain-eggshell look... definately not living skin. It will be interesting to see what is done with this one. Carolly

morganza ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2001 at 10:10 PM

he is, how shall i say, "evil"!

Deadline_Imaging ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2001 at 2:55 AM

wooohoooo! well just to update I am about 1/3 of the way through the Body now. I never realised how much of a pain in the butt the body would be. The face was the easy part me thinks lol. Still hoping to have this done by the end of the weekend then once it is finished I will do some full body renderings of him, for you folks to see and if yah think he is worth it Freebies! here he comes.

Deadline_Imaging ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2001 at 6:56 PM

ok maybe the end of the weekend was a tad bit optomistic of me.. lol he will be up soon.. yeah yeah thats it.

Wizzard ( ) posted Sun, 03 June 2001 at 12:24 AM

Psy.. "just say coming soon to a ...." 8 ) from what I've seen so far it'll be gangbusters for the vampire crowd 8 ) Cheers

Deadline_Imaging ( ) posted Tue, 05 June 2001 at 3:55 AM

file_175875.jpg

ok.. here we go. I am still working out the details of the bump map for the body, I have run into some difficulties with it but it will get there eventually. if anyone has any suggestions about how to do a body bump without the texture making the figure lookin muddy, then help me out here lol. As you can see I have done a pretty basic body with minor tweakings here and there of the black veins running through the skin. Again any suggestions for this bugger would be helpful right now, the body has proven to be a major pain in my arse so far lol.

Wizzard ( ) posted Tue, 05 June 2001 at 4:05 AM

let's see... bump maps.... do up the bump map for the texture... as in a grey scale as opposed to making the actual bum.. not the black veins if ye want them to stand away from the body ye redo in a lighter shade.. the more white the higher they stand away.. the "holes/scars" or other depressions you redo darker the closer to black the deeper they are. if you start with the body bump as a neutral grey colour then modify from there.. I think that might help a bit... I usually pull the bum [after Poser makes it up] into PSP for soem final tweaking.. Good luck.. if it get's a bit too hairy let me know.. CHeers 8 )

fiontar ( ) posted Tue, 05 June 2001 at 10:58 AM

Looking good. Once again, you haven't "overdone" any of the features on the skin, which IMO makes it look more "realistic". Make sure you post a new thread with this WIP so those not following the thread throuh email notification can see what you are up to. :-)

Deadline_Imaging ( ) posted Tue, 05 June 2001 at 4:27 PM

Well they can really see what I am up to now fiontar by simpley going to the freebies. Due to some prodding and extremely positive feed back, he is now up for grabs to the rendering world. smiles you can also see the image I did of him within the galleries now. I plan on continueing to work on the body bump so I will update him as soon as that is finished. I really hope everyone enjoys him, I am actually surprised I now wanna tackle his Bride or whatever she will be. heh who knows maybe I will do a whole series of undead things.. kids, cats, dogs, horses, now that would probably be over kill grins

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.