Fri, Sep 20, 12:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Lighting Techniques

colorfulsilk ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2007 at 1:19 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 10:17 AM

Hello All,

I would like to know if someone could point me in the right direction of lighting techniques in Bryce. I have Bryce 6.

Thanks

Gog ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2007 at 3:11 PM

you may want to take a look at some real world ideas and then see how they translate into the scenes you want to create

http://www.mediacollege.com/lighting/

after that the question is one of those how long is a piece of string type thing, it depends on whether you doing an indoor / outdoor scene, day / night, high realism versus slower render, etc etc.

Please give us a few more clues about what you hope to achieve and we can help more.

----------

Toolset: Blender, GIMP, Indigo Render, LuxRender, TopMod, Knotplot, Ivy Gen, Plant Studio.

Riquelme8 ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2007 at 4:00 PM

Attached Link: http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g219/Riquelme8/dwarrowdelf_tut.jpg

More details needed of what you want to achieve:) But here's how I made one of my latest works.. check out the lights fromn that wireframe link. The whole scene is placed inside of a giant tunnel and as you can see from the columns the sun light is coming behind the back. There at the far end is just haze/fog... then it's good to place lights to bring out wanted details more. In that scene I used just few spotlights near the fire and that far wall. Remember that negative light values are also very handy:) And to achieve the final result (in my gallery) I adjusted levels and stuff in Photoshop... also added some dim light rays using difference clouds-->radial blur-->blending technique because my laptop can't handle volume lights straight in Bryce... In outdoor landscape like my latest one "Redhorn Pass" all I did was placing the sun.. no additional lights. I hope this gave some help and ideas:) -Antti-

Analog-X64 ( ) posted Wed, 17 October 2007 at 9:54 PM

I think Lighting a scene is very important and it can make or break a scene... I also think all the great artists who make stunning images have a good grasp on how to light a scene.

I have a lot to learn.

Incarnadine ( ) posted Thu, 18 October 2007 at 6:20 AM · edited Thu, 18 October 2007 at 6:22 AM

Lighting is a compositional element in the same way that the layout of the object meshes and their textures are. Light like you would in the real world as a start - then embellish.
If you see something in any of my images, just ask. I do more C4D at the moment but the principles are the same. Same goes for just about everyone, the people here help a great deal.

Pass no temptation lightly by, for one never knows when it may pass again!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.