Sun, Sep 22, 2:22 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: October Forum Challenge

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2007 at 7:55 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 2:17 PM

This month I thought we could do something a little more laid back.

The theme is "Where I come from" or "My town"

This is another exercise where we get to know a little bit more about each other.

Show us something about where you live. It could be a local landmark, a famous place, your house, your school, something unique to your area, the downtown streets..just about anything where you come from..

feel free to tell us about the Photo you are posting.

Three images per member please.

www.bclaytonphoto.com

bclaytonphoto on Facebook

Valerie-Ducom ( ) posted Mon, 01 October 2007 at 8:01 PM

Excellent theme and I feel yet a very nice collection of pictures here 😄

alhak ( ) posted Wed, 03 October 2007 at 3:49 AM

now this will be a good one! cant wait to see everyones photos

nikolais ( ) posted Wed, 03 October 2007 at 8:15 AM

The lanes heading down to the river make the downtown area most spectacular in Rostov-on-Don, South Russia. The area certainly needs redeveloping but will lose the spirit now that the city is being developed pretty fast, since it's the administrative heart of a really huge territory called South Federal Terrotory with over 25 million inhabitants.

TomDart ( ) posted Wed, 03 October 2007 at 10:01 PM

It has been longer than usual for me to post a gallery image,  or a forum challenge or genre entry worth considering...now, events are allowing more time and I will try on this one. Good topic.      TomD'Art.

jeditojan ( ) posted Thu, 04 October 2007 at 12:23 PM · edited Thu, 04 October 2007 at 12:25 PM

Attached Link: Our Houses

If you go to this page, you can see where we have lived and the houses we lived in. 

These are just the houses we have owned.

We have moved around a lot due to changing jobs.

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 05 October 2007 at 3:33 PM

I'd say about 30% of my photos at a minimum come from "my hometown." I'm gonna have to work at it to find something unique...

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

awjay ( ) posted Sun, 07 October 2007 at 4:58 PM

beach towels

my town of Bournemouth is a sea side resort........ BEACH TOWELS DRYING

Elathan ( ) posted Tue, 09 October 2007 at 4:29 AM

This is a brilliant challenge, really, but it's hard to pick 3 pics to describe the area where I live. So I will describe a bit from the history and landscape. The village I live in is called St. Hubert and belongs to the small city Kempen. It's located on the Lower Rhine, which is in the western part of Germany, near to the Dutch border. You can find it in Google Earth. If you want to have the kmf file, please contact me. St. Hubert is very old, first mentioned for a wooden chapel on the Kendel, which is a (nowadays) very very small creek. St. Hubert was a village on the border between the country ruled by the archbishop of Cologne and the duke of Geldern. This was very important, because that was the border between Catholizism and Protestantism. In 1790 it got its promotion as an independent parish. St. Hubert was independent from any other city till 1970, when it was assigned to Kempen in a Communal Restructuring Reform and lost it's independence. Today it's still a very rural village with a strong community. There are fields all over, woods all around. The Lower Rhine is plain, but near to St. Hubert there are some hills, which are end moraines fron the last glacial period. I really love living here. Kempen: The first confirmation of Kempen as a town in official documentation was in 1294. Kempen itself was centre of the Reformation for the Lower Rhine. It's famous son is Thomas Hemerken, called Thomas a Kempis. He became well-known throughout the world for his four-volume work "The Imitation of Christ", in which he preaches a life defined by charity, humbleness and piety, without worldly possessions and claim to worldly approval. But now here are some pics: The first is a view from top of a firemens turntable ladder. You can see our church, St. Hubertus, and the fields and acres towards the north. I live directly at these fields.

TwoPynts ( ) posted Tue, 09 October 2007 at 7:39 AM

Um, great descriptioon Elathan, but I don't see any photo(s).

Elathan ( ) posted Tue, 09 October 2007 at 2:54 PM

file_390267.jpg

> Quote - Right, Kort, something went wrong. So I'll try again. First photo: St. Hubert

Elathan ( ) posted Tue, 09 October 2007 at 2:58 PM

file_390269.jpg

Second photo: That's why I love the Lower Rhine. There's so beutiful athmosphere, especially during the fall. No postwork done on this photo.

Elathan ( ) posted Tue, 09 October 2007 at 3:03 PM

file_390270.jpg

And the last. This is a photo from the inner city of Kempen. Restoration of the old town startet in 1966 and is being still continued.

TwoPynts ( ) posted Tue, 09 October 2007 at 4:42 PM

All great photos Georg, but that middle one is out of this world!!!

Elathan ( ) posted Tue, 09 October 2007 at 6:02 PM

Quote - All great photos Georg, but that middle one is out of this world!!!

You're right Kort. There was a band in St. Hubert some years ago, and the singer said on that evening that he could never before imagine to play a concert in the middle of nowhere.

TomDart ( ) posted Tue, 09 October 2007 at 6:03 PM

I agree..the middle one is super!  The others are fine, too..mostly giving me some vision of your fine text description. Thanks!      TomDart.

Elathan ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2007 at 12:29 AM

When you're interested in more pics from Kempen, please visit my gallery.

Charberry ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2007 at 1:09 PM

What a treat for the eyes! Especially those towns in Europe.  This is a nice idea.

Art By Charlene
http://www.artbycharlene.net/

awjay ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2007 at 4:36 PM

Bournemouth pleasure gardens......

bournemouth

awjay ( ) posted Thu, 11 October 2007 at 4:38 PM

Bournemouth town square....

bournemouth

Liam. ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2007 at 3:39 AM

This is where I live:

Liam

Liam. ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2007 at 3:41 AM

This is where I go shopping:

Liam

Liam. ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2007 at 3:42 AM

And this is where I go for walks:

Liam

bclaytonphoto ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2007 at 8:59 AM

excellent shots..look like a very nice place..

www.bclaytonphoto.com

bclaytonphoto on Facebook

Liam. ( ) posted Sun, 14 October 2007 at 9:02 AM · edited Sun, 14 October 2007 at 9:02 AM

Thanks, it is. LOL! I forgot to say where... It's Warsaw, the capital of Poland. :-D

Liam

TwoPynts ( ) posted Tue, 16 October 2007 at 1:01 PM

file_390890.jpg

Great stuff everyone! Here's a quicky -- behind where I work in Boca Raton, FL.

nongo ( ) posted Fri, 19 October 2007 at 12:04 AM

file_391132.jpg

**This is where I live, on Whidbey Island... I love the beach!!!!**

bentchick ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2007 at 11:35 AM

Wonderful, Akemi, but I have to laugh, because my friend that lives in Snohomish always calls it "Would be an island if it wasn't connected to land"!!!! LOL :P Beautiful place!!! You are lucky!!!

Kim Hawkins

Kim Hawkins Eastern Sierra Gallery

nongo ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2007 at 1:10 PM

It's only connected by a bridge on the northside and the only other way on is to catch a ferry...

bentchick ( ) posted Sat, 20 October 2007 at 9:51 PM

Play on words more then anything....... Whidby..... Wouldbe!! No offense intended! Next time I'm up there I will have to come see it for myself..... and maybe we could meet up!!!!

Kim Hawkins

Kim Hawkins Eastern Sierra Gallery

MRNot ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2007 at 12:57 PM

file_391670.jpg

My first visit to the Photography forums.. (Yeah, I know.. Several of you have kindly seen some of my photos in my gallery already and commented. I'm a slow-learner..) This isn't where I *LIVE*, but it's not far away. It's where I work: Annapolis, MD, and my dog's first visit since we adopted him (can't vouch for any visits he may have made in his first 18 months of life with another companion). He wasn't quite sure about many of the sounds of the harbour, but he enjoyed the smells immensely!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.