Tue, Oct 22, 12:52 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 12:41 am)

Subject: V1, Why Bother anymore?

Huolong ( ) posted Fri, 01 June 2001 at 11:44 PM ยท edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 10:26 PM

If one has purchased Vicky 2, what is the value of collecting any more stuff for Vicky 1? Like clothes, additional CR2's et al? The problem with V1 was largely due to the fact that the large amount of stuff for P4 left poor V1 with a limited wardrobe. With that problem allegedly solved, why invest further effort and/or money in expanding on the V1 array? To what extent is the stuff for V1 transferable?

Gordon

rtamesis ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2001 at 12:00 AM

All of the stuff for V1 works for V2. V2 uses the same geometry obj file for V1. The only difference between the two is simply the larger number of morphs in V2.

Huolong ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2001 at 12:05 AM

What about the utility of V2 vis a vis P4 clothing? With a different geometry, it seems likely that P4 morphs won't do.

Gordon

soulhuntre ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2001 at 1:04 AM

Actually, V1 clothing is NOT very useful on V2. I have noticed that the V1 stuff will not conform to V2 because of all the new morphs - this makes it mostly useless and basically it is not conforming at all if you have applied ANY body mods.

Jaager ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2001 at 1:28 AM

They do not conform to the V1 when the all body morphs are used with it either. You would not expect Prince Hal's armour to fit Falstaff unless it got hammered on a lot (morphed). Poser clothing is a lot like plate armour. With the V1 clothing, you have something to morph. Another point: isn't clothing supposed to mitigate some of the extremes of nude body shapes? Wouldn't even the Heavy figure at 1.0 look a bit different in clothing? Sort of averaged out, if not squished in, in places? Huolong, for the body as far as morphs are concerned, V2P4 is a completely separate figure which will require its own morphs. Look, P3 body morphs do not work on P4 and from a practical point of view, the only difference between them is the mapping. The mesh was reordered but not improved, and a pot full of morphs were lost. At least with V1/V2 vs V2P4 you keep the textures along and the head morphs.

lalverson ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2001 at 2:51 AM

Multiple V1 in an image don't require a "Null" loader so the MT cross talk is halted. Granted this is a poser problem and not clearly a V2 problem, systems that are not as beefey as some ( bog down after 4 figures are loaded) will certainly slow with the added loaders to keep models from looking like clones. So I would think untill CL can fix this and also code so poser dosen't take such a heavy bite out of the system resources the V1 is a slightly better high end model to use still.

Huolong ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2001 at 3:29 AM

I understand Falstaff's problem ,,, I've cussed out the world several times over in trying to modify clothing for modified bodies. Getting pretty good with magnets as a result. The biggest problem in fitting isn't so much body changes as what happens when the figure isn't standing at attention. I like the way Eve ... er. uh ... moves, but she can't keep her clothes on for shit or shinola (even with Eve clothes) when required to take a few steps, or - heaven forbid - sit down. There have been some dynamic improvements in P4's lately, so I move facial morphs between Eve and P4, and sometimes make P4 and Eve variants for the same character. Victoria is a more expensive proposition, clothes being a biggie. I haven't used her much because her proportions (head to body ratio) is a bit too much on the supermodel side of the range of values. I am a little confused on the difference between V2 and V2P4. Clothes is the item of concern.

Gordon

JohnW ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2001 at 7:34 AM

Nobody yet has mentioned a biggie: file size. A PZ3 file with V2 in it is colossal! There's a good case for using V2 to set up a single morph for your character and then using it on an original V1 (the one before she got the extra morphs) so you get a manageable model. You'd keep the "expression" morphs but drop the "shape" ones, which you don't use once the character is set up. Unless your character is constantly changing race and species (there are cat and fox morphs in V2!) most of the CR2 contents don't get used, and it ALL transfers to the PZ3 file. Morph Manager, or careful use of "Spawn Morph Target" should let you do this. Clothes should improve for both Vickies once we virtual tailors get the hang of "superconforming" clothes. These use EMC (extended morph control) to connect the body morphs to corresponding clothing morphs, so they always fit. There aren't a lot about yet, but they're on the way. Nerd has some, and DAZ are bringing them out for V2. V2P4 is the same mesh as V2 remoulded into the P4 shape. I.e the same morphs apply where the body part is the same. But the mesh is sliced to match the P4 figure as well, so the breast morphs for V2 don't work on V2P4, because they apply to a Collar instead of a chest body part, and the gluteal morphs apply to a buttock instead of a hip. The head morphs DO work, as do limb extremities (forearms, hands, shins, feet) because they are the same sections. I have found that my P4 clothing fits V2P4 very well, but there are problems with some V1 clothes and V2, including the gloves not fitting, despite there being no obvious changes in the forearms and hands.

soulhuntre ( ) posted Sat, 02 June 2001 at 8:24 AM

I agree that clothing is not always skin tight - in fact I don't want it to be most fo the time. I am just thinking that the place poser really shines over Max for character work is int he morph's and how easy they are to work with - it is a shame that cloths don't always work with it. I dream of a day when "superconforming" clothing free's me from having to deal with all that poking out flesh :)

black-canary ( ) posted Mon, 04 June 2001 at 12:02 PM

rumor has it a v2 morph set for the clothes pak is on the way. In the meantime, I use v1 a lot to save RAM, and because I like my collection of custom characters. V2 is fun to work with but it doesn't make me hate the gals who are already in my library. Also, whenever I make a custom figure I also make clothes morphs to match, like with my [shameless plug] Dierdre character [/shameless plug]. That way when I'm ready to play I have a wardrobe handy already. Magnets are your friend. I like the v2p4 figure for clothes, sorta, but you're going to sacrifice the more versatile poses that come with the milennium body part arrangments (separate breasts etc) and be limited to what the p4 clothes can do. So while I've played around with her, I haven't done anything final with her yet. When I want posette clothing I usually use one of the nice posettes in my collection (like linlin) and just resign myself to some postwork.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.