Tue, Oct 22, 1:24 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 12:41 am)

Subject: Your opinion counts - Favorite Figure Model for Poser?

mathman ( ) posted Wed, 24 October 2007 at 5:18 AM

...ohhh I almost forgot to put in my vote for favorite figure model.
Male : David definitely, but have to say Apollo is no doubt the cleverest and most versatile.
Female : Elle by neftis, its such a shame that she didn't take off - she really had wonderful character.

onnetz ( ) posted Wed, 24 October 2007 at 5:20 AM

V4 and aiko.. Never did like v3 and the injection morphs.  

Handle every stressful situation like a dog.

If you can't eat it or play with it,

just pee on it and walk away. :-)

I wouldnt have to manage my anger

if people would manage their stupidity......

Mec4D ( ) posted Wed, 24 October 2007 at 5:56 AM

yeah mathman 2 years.. out of poser community but not from 3D  b-c I still did my work as well just behind the scene.. but I am happy to be back around again and I am not for plan to back off lol**

"Surrender to what it is - Let go of what was - Have faith in what will be "

Plutom ( ) posted Wed, 24 October 2007 at 8:46 AM

Personally I like VikorinaP5 for Judy, It's-a freebie right here at Renderosity-it has face sculpture dials and teeth adjustment dials that allow one to adjust them up/down in and out.  I can yank out the dentures, adjust the teeth and gum textures and hues to my taste-so that the teeth don't have the color of white chicklets.

Additionally, by studying the magnets and how to spawn, I learned a little about creating my own magnets for various body part morphs.  You can create beautiful characters out of Judy well at least I think they are.  Plutom

momodot ( ) posted Wed, 24 October 2007 at 10:12 AM

Catherine (sorry if I spell that wrong)... wow! Thank you.

coldrake ( ) posted Wed, 24 October 2007 at 3:14 PM

My favorites V4 and M3, although I use all the DAZ figures. V4 is even more my favorite since Capsces came out with her "Morphia" morph set over at DAZ a couple of days ago. Coldrake

crucibelle ( ) posted Wed, 24 October 2007 at 3:41 PM

Quote - My favorites V4 and M3, although I use all the DAZ figures. V4 is even more my favorite since Capsces came out with her "Morphia" morph set over at DAZ a couple of days ago. Coldrake

Must agree about the Morphia set.  I've been playing around with it and love it, so far.

Khai ( ) posted Wed, 24 October 2007 at 4:05 PM

fav figure?

Great Cthulhu (mk 2) by sixus1... followed by his Gug and Nightgaunt....

vilters ( ) posted Wed, 24 October 2007 at 4:53 PM

Posette,
Easy to morph, easy to pose, easy to texture, easy on memory.
Started from poser 2, now have 7.
Tried them all, exept V4.
I like Sydney; but who made those breasts ! ! ! ! ! !

As for all other females ; who made those breasts ! ! !
Or they are too high on the chest, or they are more like balloons, but ohh boy , those modelers must take another look at reality. ( Small or big size )
I am pretty good in anim8or to re-model or make morphs; but I am sooooooo tired of doing so.

My conclusion, ( taken a long time ago ) anything above 30.000 poly's goes into the shift -delete combination without hesitation or regrets..

What do I miss?

A decent model (male and female) in the 15.000 poly region.
Right between the P4LoRes and the P4 figures.

That  would be GREAT figures, certainly for animators. 
But ? Who cares. I'v said it over and over again.

Tony B

Poser 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 7, P8 and PPro2010, P9 and PP2012, P10 and PP2014 Game Dev
"Do not drive faster then your angel can fly"!

jonthecelt ( ) posted Wed, 24 October 2007 at 5:16 PM

Hey, Cath - did you lose some weight there? ;)

jonTheCelt

momodot ( ) posted Wed, 24 October 2007 at 6:13 PM

Tony, you should post an image to show people who are not familiar with your work that you know what you are talking about :) Your work with the P4Lo blows me away.

Posette was aweful close to be a "perfect" figure if it only had a few more vertices on the head and breasts and a base face a bit smoother. I actually have some trouble with the Posette breasts... and of course she needs genitals. I don't think people apreciate how well Posette poses with the Yamato joint fix. I sure like the one texture maping and you can always use replacement eye and eyelash props for close-up work. Even a big map head need be, for instance using the AprilYSH remap. I still have never decided if I need to shell out for the MorphWorld 2 disc... I wish it would go on sale!

Penguinisto ( ) posted Wed, 24 October 2007 at 9:37 PM

Quote - it appears the male figures are not very popular in this thread.

If I want to see a male figure that badly, I'll pose in front of a mirror. :p (kidding - I usually stick with M3 for the male figure, though my 'avvy is an M2 and I still use that thing a LOT). /P

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Wed, 24 October 2007 at 11:49 PM

I prefer the e-frontier G2 figures including Miki 2. Apollo max is great too. I am far away now from all those DAZ Barbies and Kens.

SeanMartin ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2007 at 6:09 AM

... because it's always about the boobies...

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

mickmca ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2007 at 7:07 AM

Quote - ... because it's always about the boobies...

And the crucial need for genitals....

jonthecelt ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2007 at 7:33 AM

Quote - [And the crucial need for genitals....

Unless you use David... or Hiro... or any of the DAZ females... or...

JonTheCelt

Khai ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2007 at 8:16 AM

Cthulhu....with boobies???

sdlksd

sdosk

sdjksd

gibber

vilters ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2007 at 10:37 AM

file_391661.jpg

As requested. The example is the P4LoRes figure. Nothing is external. All morphs are from the "standard" P4LoRes obj file. Pants, shoes, expressions, all morphed in anim8or. Left, to show the morphs, middle with a displacement map, and right = complete.

Just to test (and show off) what could be done with the LoRes figures ( and I use them a lot since then. )

Tony B

operaguy ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2007 at 11:28 AM

what would the approach be for personal use of a Daz figure.....V4.....

to get the current hi-res head, but operating on top of a low-res V4 body?

Naturally I'd want to move the body (translation/rotation of actors) but after setting up the body with the given morphs, I'd then like to reduce the poly count.

Could you just export the body as .obj, somehow reduce the polys and then bring it back into the setup room and reattach the hi-res head?

::::: Opera :::::

Penguinisto ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2007 at 12:15 PM

You could, but you would be staring at a lot of work.

For instance, Zgock replaced the V4 head entirely with an anime one (Google for "Zgock Nanana Poser") - you download the results in an RTE file, run that, and he supplies you with a .cr2 and some basic textures to go with it (because the std. V4 head tex won't quite fit the new one, methinks - haven't really tried to that yet).

It's safe to say that if you change the polycount, you basically have to re-rig the whole figure, re-do the UV maps (or hope they work), and suchlike.

--

The whole boob/genital thing is purely subjective; I honestly don't care if someone wants/uses them or not, or for what reason.

/P

-Timberwolf- ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2007 at 3:07 PM · edited Thu, 25 October 2007 at 3:10 PM

Quote -

The whole boob/genital thing is purely subjective; I honestly don't care if someone wants/uses them or not, or for what reason.

/P

Thank You :) Barbie and Ken was meant concerning theire super-idealized bodyshapes.

operaguy ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2007 at 6:40 PM

i guess i am naive but i'd have thought there would have been a way to reduce the poly count of the body by, say 35% and have the textures still work and the gross translate and rotate of the body. However, I accept the word of any others more wise than I, since I have never tried it.

Again, this plan does not involve the slightest change to the head.

::::: Opera :::::

Penguinisto ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2007 at 7:01 PM

You're right in that the joints will more of less remain the same, but the UV map I don't think would hold up too well - mostly because (I believe) the material groups are tied to specific vert patterns.

I'm prolly explaining it all wrong (it's been awhile), but I can at least demonstrate it - set up a new material group in Poser (call it 'skinSomething')... notice that you have to mark polys on the figure or prop to do it. Now that's not the only way to rig a UV Map onto something, but I suspect that it's real popular in Poserdom.

Gross rotation? Not so sure - yes the body will bend and such, but how (and will the mesh tear?) I'm not so sure about.

You could always just lash the head onto something with a lower polycount already (like, say, Posette) - all you would have to do is build your own neck mesh and joint it up to lash the head and body together. Of course, none of the clothes would fit, but... :)

/P

operaguy ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2007 at 10:26 PM

clothes not fitting is not a problem.

I use dynamic only and know how to make odd fitting clothes fit.

Maybe start with fresh mesh ala Make Human. But no...that won't solve the problems you are pointing out.

:: og ::

dphoadley ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2007 at 11:21 PM

Quote - > Quote - You know, it is interesting to me that no one so far has put stock Poser figures as "favorites" here. Even current figures (except for the lone vote for Simon in P7) are not in here. Wonder if E-Frontiers could save some effort if instead of making these figures with the program, they put those resources in to making the program actually work and be bug free? Nah, that isn't going to happen. As for the whole male figure thing - I am curious as to the ratio of male-female artists. Just cruising the galleries, male figure are definitely under-represented. Is that because most artists are male?

If dphoadley were to post you would here that "Posette" is his favourite figure :)

And RIGHT yor ARE Acadia:
PosetteV3 (Standard Posett remapped by me to take V3 skin textures).
PosetteeVe3 (Eve Posette remapped by me to take V3 skin textures).
PosetteV3wG (Standard Posette with the Hellborn genital hip remapped b y me to take V3 skin textures).
P4DukeM3 (Standard Dork remapped by me to take M3 skin textures).
P4CatsuitV3 (Standard Posette Catsuit remapped by me to take V3's 2nd skin textures).

All of these items can be found here in my freestuff, along with a Dphoadley Fan Club T-Shirt texture for Posette's T-Shirt, and a short animation video I made of Postte dancing a nude ballet (music taken from Beethoven's 7th Symphony).
DPH
PS: Acadia, that picture of you on your homepage is VERY pretty -you have a sweet and adorable face.

STOP PALESTINIAN CHILD ABUSE!!!! ISLAMIC HATRED OF JEWS

dphoadley ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2007 at 11:51 PM

file_391776.jpg

> Quote - it appears the male figures are not very popular in this thread.

Quote - Only the wimps.

I think that my Remapped Dork looks very masculine, but then I guess I'm biased -of course.
DPH

dphoadley ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2007 at 11:54 PM

Quote - ... Just cruising the galleries, male figure are definitely under-represented. Is that because most artists are male?

Females have more interesting curves.
DPH

Mec4D ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2007 at 5:39 AM

Quote - Hey, Cath - did you lose some weight there? ;)

jonTheCelt

LOL I did to much!! only for the next couple of days ;) I am under Halloween cover right now..but still bouncing lol ...
Be afraid be very afraid!!! booooooo ;)

Cath

pjz99 ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2007 at 7:21 AM

operaguy:

Quote - i guess i am naive but i'd have thought there would have been a way to reduce the poly count of the body by, say 35% and have the textures still work and the gross translate and rotate of the body. However, I accept the word of any others more wise than I, since I have never tried it.

In Poser, no, unless someone is VERY VERY SMART with Python and designs some script to try to approximate Joint Controlled Morphs on the new mesh.  Joint Smoothing Magnets (V4's approach) might work better in that kind of case, because the falloff is figured dynamically as you adjust the joint and is not tied to a hard set of morph data.

Cinema 4D has a polygon reduction deformer, and while I believe (not tested!) it can be used on native C4D rigged character assets, I don't think Kuroyume got it to work in the way you're talking about with his imported Poser content.  He did something like this for dynamic cloth and hair though, to speed up simulation.

My Freebies

mathman ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2007 at 8:17 AM

LOL @ Catharina.
Thats amazing how you were able to come up with a new avatar so quickly !

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2007 at 1:57 PM

Quote - > Quote - it appears the male figures are not very popular in this thread.

LOL,  and not very popular in the freebie or gallery sections either.  The reason for the  non popularity of male figures, I guess, must remain unsolved.  

Yes, it is a dark enigma -- completely unfathomable.  :m_laugh:

For women I use V4 and / or V3.  Mostly.  Although I'm not against using SP3, Miki or Laura.

For men I use M3 about 90% of the time -- for the approx. 20%(?) of the time that I use male figures in scenes.  IMO, e-frontier has done a better job overall with their male models than with their female models.......which is probably why I don't use the e-frontier figures very much.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

Mec4D ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2007 at 2:01 PM

ah mathman just quick p4 preview rendering not even firefly lol lazy and stupid avatar..lol

btw I was checking out Miki and I like her very much even better as V, Sydney is nice pjz99 had right regarding the hands most beautiful of them all.. ....

pjz99 ( ) posted Sat, 27 October 2007 at 2:30 AM · edited Sat, 27 October 2007 at 2:31 AM

I wanted to come back and echo Karen's sentiments, that SP3 is rigged VERY well, right up there with V4 but without the magnet stuff (which has its advantages and disadvantages).  Nice shoulders, nice rigging everywhere.  I may be mistaken but it seems to me Anton had a very strong influence over this figure, certainly the rigging is superior to V3.  The face is pretty tough to un-Stephanie her face though.

My Freebies

vilters ( ) posted Sat, 27 October 2007 at 3:39 AM

You can also check my tutorial on basic dynamic clothing using anim8or ( or other 3D soft) to make the clothing, and poser and the P4LoRes figure to apply it.

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/forumpro/showthread.php?message_id=2855170&ebot_calc_page#message_2855170

Greetings, Tony B

mathman ( ) posted Sat, 27 October 2007 at 4:17 AM

I don't like SP3's face, she looks like a pouting schoolchild.

momodot ( ) posted Sat, 27 October 2007 at 10:54 AM

I think SP3 has a more realistic face then other figures. I think David and Steph3 would have been much nicer as the "standard" then M3 and V3 but aside from clothes and poses available I find it a big limitation that there are not Reduced Resolution versions. SP3RR and D3RR would have made me very happy. Haver you tried SP3 with a V3 head morph or ShapeShifter transfer?

mathman ( ) posted Sat, 27 October 2007 at 11:01 AM

Is it possible to give SP3 a V3 head ?

FightingWolf ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2007 at 2:41 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?username=FightingWolf

I'm an anime fan so Aiko3 is for me.  Hope fully I'll be able to use Hiro equally well.

kalon ( ) posted Sat, 24 November 2007 at 3:07 PM

Favorite Female: Sidney
Favorite Male: M3

kalonart.com

Tomsde ( ) posted Wed, 28 November 2007 at 9:43 AM

I discovered this thread rather late into it, but I wanted to get my 2 cents in anyway.

My favorite Daz Figure is M2 for his versatility.  I can get him to look like what I consider to be more "real life" people, he's simple, easy on system resources and doesn't require morph INJ files--which I absolutely despise.  I'm glad that MEC4D is making some new textures for him as I still use him in my pictures

My favorite Non-Daz Figure is Apollo Maximus, who simply has everything, great morphability, a good selection of maps, and also easy on system resources.  He also has no INJ files.

I think that the Dork is a decent figure if you have a good map for him.  I've used Claudio often for an in-shape older man.  I wish there had been more maps available for him.  I don't care for the "new generation" of Poser native figures at all.  I think they have major jt problems and look cookie cutter--in addition to that the men at least, have rather limited and unrealistic body morphs.  I hope that now that a new company has bought Poser that they will start at the ground floor for Poser 8 content and introduce a new live of people that are better looking and more versatile.  Simon to me, always looks angry.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.