Tue, Oct 22, 1:25 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 17 8:34 am)

Subject: SeaVue offline....

Monsoon ( ) posted Wed, 24 October 2007 at 7:43 AM · edited Mon, 21 October 2024 at 11:36 PM

SeaVue is temporarily offline while I finalize a new updated version for V6Infinite and Esprit. All those who have already purchased it will be able to get the new one free. Details at debut time.

New materials inluding distance to object below
New objects....you won't have to do much assembly (the law of artist conservation lol)
New techniques and tutorials including distance to object below...
Starter scene files....

You're gonna love it.....

M

gillbrooks ( ) posted Wed, 24 October 2007 at 10:20 AM

Sounds great - you're a diamond :biggrin:

Gill

LMcLean ( ) posted Wed, 24 October 2007 at 10:58 AM · edited Wed, 24 October 2007 at 11:00 AM

Wow this is great news Monsoon. I haven't heard back from you but I guess you might have read my email. Anyways I am looking forward to the update on this excellent product! : )

chippwalters ( ) posted Wed, 24 October 2007 at 12:19 PM

I've had the priviledge of seeing some of Mark's test renders, and I think everyone will be VERY impressed with all the new features and capabilities of the new SeaVue! Looking forward to it :-)

Monsoon ( ) posted Wed, 24 October 2007 at 1:52 PM

I'm sorry Lorne....I didn't even see it till just now....didn't the mail notice here used to be at the top left? 
At any rate, it's coming very soon....I've been steady at it and this is the first time I've come up for air in the past weeks lol.....

Chipp....TerraPak and SeaVue are going to go together like crab legs and drawn butter.....

I'll post a test render or two when I get home.....

M

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Wed, 24 October 2007 at 2:14 PM

Sounds great!  I haven't done a seascape in a while!

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

synergy543 ( ) posted Wed, 24 October 2007 at 2:16 PM

Great news! Mark and Chipp, Its great how you guys are helping to explore the limits of Vue and provided added value to other users. Kudos to you both! Greg

LMcLean ( ) posted Wed, 24 October 2007 at 2:22 PM · edited Wed, 24 October 2007 at 2:24 PM

Quote - I'm sorry Lorne....I didn't even see it till just now....didn't the mail notice here used to be at the top left. At any rate, it's coming very soon....I've been steady at it and this is the first time I've come up for air in the past weeks lol.....
M

Mark no problem, I'm really looking forward to this release. Just wondering, will you be notifying SeaVue owners by email when this is avilable for download?

Monsoon ( ) posted Wed, 24 October 2007 at 3:09 PM

You betcha.....

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 24 October 2007 at 5:54 PM

I didn't buy seavue befoe because I don't think it did have premade scenes and I wasn't quite up to learning a new thing, with so much other stuff to do, but pre made scenes sound very useful. Now I'm tempted. Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

kenmo ( ) posted Wed, 24 October 2007 at 9:08 PM

Ok..but can I ask...what is SeaVue?

Cheers

estherau ( ) posted Wed, 24 October 2007 at 10:25 PM

Attached Link: http://www.3dcommune.com/

somewhere here i think - but the site seems down at the moment...

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

wabe ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2007 at 4:36 AM

Quote - ...TerraPak and SeaVue are going to go together like crab legs and drawn butter.....

Ok, I don't like crab legs nor drawn butter - what do I do now? BUT, I really look forward for this update Mark, sounds fantastic.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

Monsoon ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2007 at 5:15 AM

file_391649.jpg

@wabe..lol....how's soup and sandwiches ?

With the old way of applying water/whitestuff mats to water planes you had the problem of it repeating into the horizon where you didn't want it.

The main ingredients of the new kit are the water mats of course, and huge flat objects made of tiled terrains with a seamless wavemap applied. The objects are then divided into sections easily selectable in the world browser. White stuff is then increased or decreased on any or all of the object sections. White stuff goes where you want it and need it, while preserving the illusion of the infinite horizon.....In this sketch, I increased white stuff near the camera and decreased it going into the distance...

Monsoon ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2007 at 5:22 AM

file_391650.jpg

California coastline courtesy of the object below..

Since the distance to object below effect is triggered from underneath the surface and not from the intersection of terrain and water, you sometimes don't have enough white stuff or it's in the wrong place. By using other terrain objects with the effect mat applied below the surface as effect activators, you can get as much shore foam as you need where you need it. Also, the bottom layer of the rock mats have the object below node as well and helps carry the water effect onto the rocks.

wabe ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2007 at 5:26 AM

Sandwich? Ok, sandwich.

Looks fantastic Mark, a definite must have!

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

Monsoon ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2007 at 5:26 AM

file_391651.jpg

There are 3 new types of foam objects in the new kit...two volumetric ones and an ecosystem one. They are modular in construction so you can move parts around and change the shape of your foam. Here's another quick sketch.....

Monsoon ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2007 at 5:37 AM · edited Thu, 25 October 2007 at 5:38 AM

file_391652.jpg

My studying of both the function editor and countless photos of water and the ocean have paid off. Basic composition now takes but a few moments and little toil. Then, of course you have to do the rest of whatever it takes to get to a final stage for rendering. Postwork may still be required. I use postwork for 3 things mostly.....the Liquify brush in Photoshop to give certain lines more bounce, the cloner to get rid of unwanted harsh lines and any additional white stuff that may be needed. The photoshop brushes available here in the store are awesome with this.

spidergod ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2007 at 5:41 AM

looks fantastic

does this work with all versions of vue 6?

now we need a model of cthulhu and some starspawn

yeah I am a lovecraft fanatic

cannot wait for this to come out

cheers

Monsoon ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2007 at 5:47 AM

Vue6 Infinite and Esprit. It should work with the other V6 versions but I don't have them so I don't know for sure....I really don't see why not.

So you're a great old one eh?

spidergod ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2007 at 5:51 AM

he he, yeah one of them :)

cool I have esprit

any rough time scales when the new pack will be up and ready to purchase?

any beta packs?

and why is vue so addictive ?

I have lost so much sleep.

thanks

Monsoon ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2007 at 5:58 AM

In the next week or so....I'm working on the documentation now.

spidergod ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2007 at 6:02 AM

cool

gillbrooks ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2007 at 7:12 AM

Those screenshots look great - looks like the update is going to be super!

Gill

dlk30341 ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2007 at 7:57 AM

Outstanding work! Can't wait for this :)

agiel ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2007 at 11:49 AM

Excellent indeed !

The last screenshot looks like a photograph.

Osper ( ) posted Thu, 25 October 2007 at 11:54 AM

This looks pretty darn good.  I'm in when you get them done.  Got sail (sail?) my dreadnoughts somewhere.

jc ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2007 at 12:16 AM

OK Mr. M stop trying to fool us with all those photos. I know you build great stuff, but really...

[   real glad i'm a SeaVue owner :o)   ]

ellocolobo ( ) posted Fri, 26 October 2007 at 3:10 PM

Get out of here! You went down to the beach and took pictures..You can't fool us..ehehehehehe

Great work..

martial ( ) posted Sun, 28 October 2007 at 9:53 AM

Wow I am waitng to buy it now

danway ( ) posted Sun, 28 October 2007 at 11:04 AM

Good stuff Monsoon! Keep up the great work!

meselfr ( ) posted Wed, 31 October 2007 at 8:43 PM

you are the higher power of our virtual universes... :)

Monsoon ( ) posted Thu, 01 November 2007 at 8:45 AM

Attached Link: Wavetiles documentation

Ok...should be up in a couple of days...however, I need your help at the moment....I need anyone who wants to to download this documentation and tell me if it works at conveying concept and usage....

Each element of the kit will have it's doc....I tried flash video and that didn't work(couldn't sync the voiceover), I tried ebook assembly and I ran into trouble there, so I finally opted for the comic book format. I need to know if it works......

Thanks for your help....

M

dlk30341 ( ) posted Thu, 01 November 2007 at 9:00 AM

I like that style - it is very easy to read & follow.  XLT job :)

chippwalters ( ) posted Thu, 01 November 2007 at 9:02 AM

Mark,

Your SeaVue comic book format works well. FYI, you also might consider checking out screensteps:

www.screensteps.com

A buddy of mine wrote it. I like it because it can create 'chapter' tutorials, which can easily be linked together to create a whole book..and is easily edited as well. Also, it outputs both web format (good for you website) and PDF (good for including in your product).

Just thought I'd mention it.

best,
Chipp

Monsoon ( ) posted Thu, 01 November 2007 at 9:21 AM

Thanks Chipp....just picked it up. Seems to be a little more user friendly than the ebook makers I was trying.

I'll try it out....

M

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Thu, 01 November 2007 at 10:16 AM

I like the format, but please don't use all CAPS for the text.  Makes it hard to read for me.

LMcLean ( ) posted Thu, 01 November 2007 at 11:21 AM

PDF Looks and Reads Good Monsoon!

Paula Sanders ( ) posted Thu, 01 November 2007 at 11:36 AM

I agree with Peggy. I find the all caps hard to read. Also, the spacing between the lines and between the words is too close, especially when there is a lot of text. One shouldn't have to strain to read the instuctions. Otherwise, looks great!

gillbrooks ( ) posted Thu, 01 November 2007 at 11:38 AM

I hadn't noticed it was all caps LOL 

Looks good to me Mark

Gill

Paula Sanders ( ) posted Thu, 01 November 2007 at 11:40 AM

ScreenSteps looks interesting Chipp. I'll have to download the 15 day trial. Thanks for letting us know about it.

Monsoon ( ) posted Thu, 01 November 2007 at 11:43 AM

Attached Link: Wavetiles2

Ok...here's the same thing done in Screensteps.  I think it's a bit more elegant...

Thanks alot for your feedback !

M

Paula Sanders ( ) posted Thu, 01 November 2007 at 11:47 AM

The one is Screesteps looks fabulous. It is so much easier to read. And I agree with the word "elegant." My vote is to keep it that way.

dlk30341 ( ) posted Thu, 01 November 2007 at 11:52 AM

The new version looks even better! XLT!

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Thu, 01 November 2007 at 12:30 PM

Perfect!  Very easy to read and follow along with now.

chippwalters ( ) posted Thu, 01 November 2007 at 12:50 PM

Wow Mark, that didn't take long! ScreenSteps is pretty easy to learn. BTW, it also has some excellent screen capture and annotation tools (arrows, numbers, etc..) which allow you to post-process your image afterwards.

I like it much better in ScreenSteps. Good job.

Monsoon ( ) posted Thu, 01 November 2007 at 2:06 PM

Thanks folks!!  Screensteps it is.....

M

Thelby ( ) posted Thu, 01 November 2007 at 2:38 PM

Ditto on the Screensteps! here, too!!!

I would rather be Politically Incorrect,
Then have Politically Correct-Incorrectness!!!

charlest ( ) posted Thu, 01 November 2007 at 4:12 PM

Hi Monsoon,

Would your new version includes pre-built scene files?  I prefer to start learning your toolkit with good scenes.

Monsoon ( ) posted Thu, 01 November 2007 at 4:49 PM

Yes indeed....

spidergod ( ) posted Wed, 07 November 2007 at 5:46 AM

any eta of release?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.